Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2019, 19:17   #2086
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
but from the day the first showers hit pune (few weeks back) its back to insanity.
Yup, took our bus 1 hour from Kharadi to Sancheti chowk, and I still haven't reached home. Need to bring packed dinner too, starting tomorrow
Old 25th June 2019, 09:35   #2087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
My car will remain in the parking and not see office hours at least for the next 3 months.
For me, it's opposite, I take out my car in monsoon and bike stays in parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Need to bring packed dinner too, starting tomorrow
When bus crawls, someone from bus should venture out to grab evening snacks on the way (bus won't cover much distance anyways); used to do this in 2012/2013.
Old 25th June 2019, 10:15   #2088
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully, some silver lining in the city circuit. (or more troubles to follow?)

Pune malls & shopping complexes rescind parking charges.

The full impact of this decision yet to be witnessed - do people misuse the facility especially in malls located at prime locations? /parking queues on weekends to get longer? / do mall owners need to levy time-restrictions on parking ? etc.

Source

Last edited by JoshMachine : 25th June 2019 at 10:16.
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 12:38   #2089
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Hopefully, some silver lining in the city circuit. (or more troubles to follow?)

Pune malls & shopping complexes rescind parking charges.

The full impact of this decision yet to be witnessed - do people misuse the facility especially in malls located at prime locations? /parking queues on weekends to get longer? / do mall owners need to levy time-restrictions on parking ? etc.

Source

Last evening, I was at Phoenix mall for some errand and yes, parking was free. I was provided with parking ticket at entry and while exiting, the attendant simple collected the ticket from me and asked me to proceed.

I have a mixed bag feeling about it, though parking charges at Phoenix mall was over the top, but making it free would make the situation worse. They could implement a system, where on presenting shopping receipts of purchases in the mall would get parking waiver whereas for others there could be certain service fee, just my thoughts.
Old 25th June 2019, 13:08   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I have a mixed bag feeling about it, though parking charges at Phoenix mall was over the top, but making it free would make the situation worse. They could implement a system, where on presenting shopping receipts of purchases in the mall would get parking waiver whereas for others there could be certain service fee, just my thoughts.
Pune Central Mall near Karve Road used to reimburse the parking charges by deducting the amount from the Shopping Bill. That is one way to go about it.
adi.mariner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 19:21   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Pune BHPians, need help.

How's the road from Chandni Chowk till Mulshi dam? Have to visit Atmantan wellness centre tomorrow. How much time should I factor after Expressway exit?
Old 11th July 2019, 09:55   #2092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Have to visit Atmantan wellness centre tomorrow. How much time should I factor after Expressway exit?
ghodlur, Atmantan is near Palase - ahead of the actual Tamhini ghat, if I am correct.

So, if you are coming from Bombay, why travel upto Chandani Chowk?

There are two options to reach Paud without entering Pune -

One, via Hinjewadi, Maan and straight to Paud. Hinjewadi bhpians can give the condition of this road.

Second (more adventurous) - exit at Lonavala, take the Tikona Road, Hadshi and reach Paud. Definitely more scenic and minimal traffic.
vrprabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 10:34   #2093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Pune BHPians, need help.

How's the road from Chandni Chowk till Mulshi dam? Have to visit Atmantan wellness centre tomorrow. How much time should I factor after Expressway exit?
Haven't been there in a while, but the road from Chandni Chowk till Paud village should be okay, and maybe broken in patches after that. Chandni chowk to Atmantan should be 60 - 75 minutes drive, as there is a bit of traffic usually till Paud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
ghodlur, Atmantan is near Palase - ahead of the actual Tamhini ghat, if I am correct..
No, it's before the actual ghat starts - approx. 2-3 kms before the Green Gate resort / Quick Bite restaurant at the foot of the ghats.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 11th July 2019 at 10:37.
Old 11th July 2019, 11:15   #2094
BHPian

The parking charges in malls are back on. My office is located inside a mall and I have to use mall parking if the allocated parking spaces are full.

Last week the parking was free for just 2-3 days. In those days the mall management did not allow office vehicles to park inside the mall if allocated parking was full. We had to find space outside the mall which is a very difficult task.

Then on the 4th day the paid parking was restarted. No explanations given. Parking the car in the mall for a full day lightens the purse by 100/-.
Old 11th July 2019, 12:06   #2095
BHPian

Yup, Parking charges are back on. Visited Pavillion Mall on SB road last weekend and parking was charged as usual. It was a big news when free parking was announced by PMC, but now they have silently started charging again I guess.
Old 11th July 2019, 12:55   #2096
Senior - BHPian

Went to Creaticity yesterday and was charged with 30 bucks for parking.
Old 11th July 2019, 14:12   #2097
BHPian

There is apparently some High Court order allowing the malls to charge for parking till the matter is decided.
Old 11th July 2019, 14:38   #2098
BHPian

Quote:

One, via Hinjewadi, Maan and straight to Paud. Hinjewadi bhpians can give the condition of this road.
I use this route atleast once/twice in a week to travel from Hinjewadi Phase 3 to Sinhagad Road and I wold suggest to avoid it.

The road has been obliterated by craters and mini-water pools. The edges of the roads are very sharp, it could be very easy to get torn side-walls if a truck approaches from the opposite side and one has to get the car on the road shoulder.

Best to go via Chandni Chowk. It would take 30-40 minutes more, but one would avoid the 'jarring' experience of traveling on a broken road.
Old 11th July 2019, 15:49   #2099
BHPian

With the arrival of monsoon, Hinjewadi traffic has gone from very bad to extremely bad again.

The patch around Poona bakery on the road that connects Bhumkar chowk to Phase 2 has become an offroad track.
I am usually on my Interceptor but when I am riding through those potholes and slush, I think I should have bought the Himalayan instead

Last edited by ishan12 : 11th July 2019 at 15:55.
Old 12th July 2019, 08:41   #2100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ghodlur, Atmantan is near Palase - ahead of the actual Tamhini ghat, if I am correct.

So, if you are coming from Bombay, why travel upto Chandani Chowk?

Second (more adventurous) - exit at Lonavala, take the Tikona Road, Hadshi and reach Paud. Definitely more scenic and minimal traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Haven't been there in a while, but the road from Chandni Chowk till Paud village should be okay, and maybe broken in patches after that. Chandni chowk to Atmantan should be 60 - 75 minutes drive, as there is a bit of traffic usually till Paud.
Thanks guys for the info.

Infact while going to the place, I took the Chandni Chowk - Pirangaut- Paud route which was a bad decision. The roads were totally broken and in some places non existent. There is concrete roadwork going on but in patches, no single stretch of more than 20 mtrs was available. This was a single lane and traffic movement for 2 SUV's on these stretches was also a big challenge. The stretch after Paud till Male was worst. Absolutely a back breaking trip I must say. The road is a must for offroaders.
The return was however from Paud to Hinjewadi vis Bhumkar nagar touching the NH4 at Chinchwad underpass. The approach to this road is between Paud and Pirangaut. This road was relatively good with some bad patches thrown in but overall is drive able.

Atmantan is after the Tamhini Ghat. The resort is absolutely fantastic and right in the nature's lap.

Thanks to Sukiwa for the Whatsapp help.
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks