Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2017, 18:17   #1951
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

Seems to have not caused much in the way of traffic snarls.

@5.30 PM :

Attachment 1616353
Pretty sure it's effective from tomorrow (8th March)
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 18:26   #1952
Senior - BHPian

You are right. Standard TOI reporting quality then.

Here's the Traffic Police's notification of the same confirming Noopsterji's information.
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-ptp_1488891192093.jpg
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 10:26   #1953
BHPian

Abhimanashree Soc road is c complete mess today. Thanks to the traffic diversions at Univ Chowk

Traffic coming from Pashan towards Univ has to take a left at VW showroom, then go onto to the wrong side (right side) and then take a right at Nexa showroom

Traffic coming from Univ towards Baner has to take pashan road then take a right at at VW showroom, then turn left at Nexa showroom.

The problem? Well you have traffic needing to criss-cross ! people from left have to goto right. People on right have to move to left. Add to that the dividers and speed breakers and this is surely a recipe for a dings and knocks

Advice

Those traveling to Baner from Deccan please skip SB road and come via FC Road and Univ Road. Take the flyover and have a smooth sailing to Baner.

Those travelling from Pashan to Deccan well you are out of luck. You will either need to be stuck at Abhimanashree or on Baner Road

Anyone going frmom Kothrud side, just take the highway. Yes, its about double the distance, but much better than being stuck in traffic.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 10:41   #1954
Senior - BHPian

Puneri experts, need help on traffic.

I will be travelling from Thane on Friday and intend to reach Chandan Nagar on Nagar road. This means I will have to traverse to half of Pune to reach the destination. The route I intend to take is Wakad-Aundh Ravet road-Khadki police station - Deccan College- Yerwada-Chandan Nagar route. Is this route correct? Or any shorter but faster route available? I will entering Pune at around 9.30 am which will be peak traffic right?

The final destination is Kanhur Pathar Pat sanstha, Chandan Nagar.

Any suggestions to keep my stress levels under control?

Last edited by ghodlur : 8th March 2017 at 10:42.
Old 8th March 2017, 10:42   #1955
BHPian

I am not sure why such works cannot be taken on a 24*7 basis so that such inconvenience doesn't stay for long? I have been thinking on this for long now but I am not sure if there are some additional parameters to it. Just have 3 (or maybe 2) shifts of people and complete it at the earliest
Old 8th March 2017, 10:46   #1956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Baner/Pashan road to become one way till the work of laying pipes is complete.

Seems to have not caused much in the way of traffic snarls.
The peak times on this road are between 9 AM to 11 AM and 6 PM to 9 PM. Pune University is fast overtaking Nal Stop as the "mother of all traffic chaos junction"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Pretty sure it's effective from tomorrow (8th March)
Yes, indeed. Complete chaos on Baner Road as well as from Bremen Chowk to University Signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Abhimanashree Soc road is c complete mess today. Thanks to the traffic diversions at Univ Chowk

The problem? Well you have traffic needing to criss-cross ! people from left have to go to right. People on right have to move to left. Add to that the dividers and speed breakers and this is surely a recipe for a dings and knocks

Advice

Those traveling to Baner from Deccan please skip SB road and come via FC Road and Univ Road. Take the flyover and have a smooth sailing to Baner.

Those travelling from Pashan to Deccan well you are out of luck. You will either need to be stuck at Abhimanashree or on Baner Road

Anyone going from Kothrud side, just take the highway. Yes, its about double the distance, but much better than being stuck in traffic.
I have practically stopped using the car, ever since they started digging up the University Road (from Bremen Chowk to University Signal). In fact, started using Baner Road (take the DP road from Convergys to reach Baner phata). Now, this pipe laying business....

God only knows what is going to happen when they start the Metro work

BTW, my last twelve years in Pune has seen one activity or the other always happening on this road - to name a few :-

1. Fly over at University Junction and E-square

2. Fly over at FC Road and University Road Junction

3. One way between Akashvani / Shimla Chowk and Sancheti Hospital

4. Underpass near Sancheti

5. One way of JM Road and FC Road and Shivaji Road (from JM Road Junction to Shimla Chowk)

5. Underpass on Shivaji Road to reach Shimla Chowk

6. BRTS work from Sangvi Phata and ahead (for some days after it was done, the road resembled a runway :-) )

7. Fly over from Engg College to Sancheti Hospital as well as on the old Pune Bombay Road .....

Net effect of all this? Well, it used to take me 10 minutes to reach Shivajinagar (on my bike from Bremen Chowk) in 2005-06; it takes not less than 20 minutes now - it took more than 30 minutes today. If this is the time taken for a two wheeler, what would the fate of a four wheeler??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The route I intend to take is Wakad-Aundh Ravet road-Khadki police station - Deccan College- Yerwada-Chandan Nagar route. Is this route correct? Or any shorter but faster route available? I will entering Pune at around 9.30 am which will be peak traffic right?

Any suggestions to keep my stress levels under control?
Yes - that is the shortest route; though, it should read as : Wakad - Jagtap Dairy - Sanghvi Phata - Aundh Road - (Cross) Old Pune Bombay Road - Elphinstone Road (Bombay Sappers) - Yerwada - Chandan Nagar.

The other way is, use the old Pune Bombay Road - from Dehu upto Nigdi the road will be narrow (two lane) and thereafter, you will get the grade separator upto Nasik Phata. From there till Harris Bridge (i.e. CME / Dapodi) will be slightly busy and you can turn towards Elphinstone Road immediately after crossing the Harris Bridge. May be slightly longer, but traffic flow will be consistent.

Reaching at 9.30 AM will be like jumping from frying pan into the fire !! Why not try to reach before 9.00?

Or - drop off your car near Pimpri Phata (i.e. Ginger Hotel / Fiat / Ford / Maruti Showroom) on the highway and book a cab for travelling to the city ....

(your trip reminds me of what I used to do on some of my trips to Mumbai; if I had to go VT, I would simply park the car at Panvel Railway Station and take the Harbour line local - there was not much time saving, but the endless signals and countless fly overs made sure that you were in no frame of mind to eagerly do what you set out to do when you finally reached VT driving down - and this was with a target of crossing DADAR before 9.00 AM and be on the JJ Hospital flyover!! Eastern Freeway from Chembur to Mazgaon has sure made a lot of difference)

PS - Sorry for the back to back posts - saw Ghodlur's query after I had posted my reply.

Last edited by navin : 8th March 2017 at 13:26.
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 11:36   #1957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Reaching at 9.30 AM will be like jumping from frying pan into the fire !! Why not try to reach before 9.00?

Or - drop off your car near Pimpri Phata (i.e. Ginger Hotel / Fiat / Ford / Maruti Showroom) on the highway and book a cab for travelling to the city ....
Thanks for the suggestion vrprabhu.

Reaching before 9 am will be too much for asking considering that my family is with me. In fact the challenge here is to get family ready by 7 am to start from Thane. the more this gets delayed the more I will be in peak traffic both in Mumbai (Thane Belapur road) and in Pune. Kind of double whammy.

Your second suggestion again is a bit asking for trouble when family is travelling. My wife anyways was suggesting to use train tom reach Pune and then take a cab to reach the place but I convinced her getting the Punto would save time.

After I complete my work in Chandan nagar, I have to head to Sinhagad road to my inlaws which I expect to reach by 4 pm.

What if I enter Ravet immediately after Pune E way, take the Aundh ravet BRTS till Shivaji nagar, then to Sangam bridge, take Bund Garden road, take Ambedkar bridge to reach Samrat Ashok road, keep going till I reach Chandan Nagar. This is purely from google maps info.
Old 8th March 2017, 14:35   #1958
BHPian

Quote:

What if I enter Ravet immediately after Pune E way, take the Aundh ravet BRTS till Shivaji nagar, then to Sangam bridge, take Bund Garden road, take Ambedkar bridge to reach Samrat Ashok road, keep going till I reach Chandan Nagar. This is purely from google maps info.
Would suggest you to avoid this or go only till Khadki from Ravet because its after Khadki that the entire show begins. Given the current work on the Pashan road, university circle will be a big bottle neck and is best avoided. So if you plan on taking the ravet route, break off at breman circle and move towards Khadki
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 15:40   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What if I enter Ravet immediately after Pune E way, take the Aundh ravet BRTS till Shivaji nagar, then to Sangam bridge, take Bund Garden road, take Ambedkar bridge to reach Samrat Ashok road, keep going till I reach Chandan Nagar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
So if you plan on taking the Ravet route, break off at Bremen Circle and move towards Khadki
Agree with centaur.

Actually, BRTS ends at Sangvi Phata. That's it. And Pune side of Rajiv Gandhi bridge is the bottle neck (Aundhgaon) from where the nightmare starts.

Hope you are aware of the longish weekend (holiday on 13th due to Holi) - so there will be quite bit of rush on the roads with people heading everywhere - and expect to see more than normal traffic; to reach Sinhagad Road from Chandan Nagar has limited options -

(a) via Bund Garden Road to Shivaji Nagar, JM Road, Karve Road, Rajaram Bridge; or

(b) from JM Road take Tilak Road / LBS Road via Deccan Gymkhana and reach Sinhagad Road through Tanaji Malasure Road.

Either way it will be choc-a-bloc with vehicles.....

BTW, today being Women's Day why don't make her day by agreeing to take the train (I kinda think that she will be proved right by the time you finish the trip)

Last edited by vrprabhu : 8th March 2017 at 15:43.
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 22:21   #1960
BHPian

Pipeline work on Pashan road postponed.
Attached Thumbnails
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-1488991892206.jpg  

Ketan T is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 01:30   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
Pipeline work on Pashan road postponed.
Yup confirmed. Barricades were absent today evening.
Old 9th March 2017, 09:52   #1962
Senior - BHPian

Was pretty much the first one to reach office today - simply sailed through Baner Road today morning (about 20 minutes ago)

Looks like the chaos of yesterday must have made the police realise the mammoth density of traffic....
Old 9th March 2017, 10:48   #1963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After I complete my work in Chandan nagar, I have to head to Sinhagad road to my inlaws which I expect to reach by 4 pm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
to reach Sinhagad Road from Chandan Nagar has limited options
Another option would be to take Kharadi route from chandan nagar, not very far from visiting location. Take kharadi-mundhwa road and cross via Magarpatta - Hadapsar road- Shankarseth road- Swargate - Sarasbaug to reach Sinhgad road.
During afternoon time, this route would not be that crowded except at swargate.
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 17:19   #1964
Senior - BHPian

http://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pune/civic/road-rage-slaps-at-jw-marriott-junction/articleshow/57676850.cms (Girl slapped on SB Road)
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/pune/road-rage-leaves-driver-with-four-broken-teeth/articleshow/57483575.cms (Man punched in Koregaon Park)
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/pune/pune-techie-objects-to-biker-riding-on-wrong-side-stabbed/articleshow/57622491.cms (Wrong side rider stabs engineer)
http://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pune/civic/marathi-filmstar-faces-road-rage/articleshow/56383308.cms(Actor beaten up on Karve road)
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/55569909.cms (Woman slapped in full public view by wrong side rider on Paud Road)

This disturbing trend of various guntha mantris abusing the law and common (read, not connected to anybody, not of violent tendencies) citizens had already reached alarming proportions, and will become worse going ahead.
The epic lawlessness is a major factor in degrading the quality of life in what was once a nice, peaceful city wherein a "road rage" incident mostly involved people throwing witty jibes at each other. Even mass education of these morons is not going to help the cause, and the worse part is, these morons procreate and generate even more future morons.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 09:14   #1965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The epic lawlessness is a major factor in degrading the quality of life in what was once a nice, peaceful city wherein a "road rage" incident mostly involved people throwing witty jibes at each other. Even mass education of these morons is not going to help the cause, and the worse part is, these morons procreate and generate even more future morons.
Very sad, indeed. Its shocking how these things even happen in a country which is supposedly democratic with a legal system in place to help bridge the gap between those who don't have the resources and those who do, then again what am I saying? We all know such things are mere theory in the nation.

Being from Bangalore I feel the same too, once a city which didn't care much for the futile pursuits of life and had a relaxed attitude is today money-oriented and is materialistic in every sense of the word so much so that life has been destroyed. The cops exist as a standalone bribe/penalty industry and there is no peace of mind anymore, time to move into tier 2 towns if we care for a more old-world feel.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks