Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2016, 16:48   #1906
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

On a lighter note, watch this video. I am sorry if it is shared already. This is actually true IMO.

Old 26th July 2016, 19:51   #1907
BHPian

Today saw a huge crowd near Central Mall opp Garvare College. Bikes parked haphazardly and ppl running on a busy road like they are in a park.
And for what ?? Pokemon Go non sense.

I don't want it to happen but given our scant respect to safety, its just a matter of time when someone will die on the road or railway platform doing that stupidity.
Sigh.
Old 27th July 2016, 11:00   #1908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
In Hinjewadi at all major chowks, they allow you to join lanes without halting the traffic in that lane adding to chaos and unnecessary traffic build up, there is no traffic sense whatsoever
Probably Hinjawadi has its own traffic rules......

Not convinced?

Take a look at this -

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-hinjawadi.jpg

It is likely that most of these people are employees of the companies in IT Park makes me go
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 11:19   #1909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Probably Hinjawadi has its own traffic rules......
It has its own thread too

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ssues-121.html

Some other places where you can frequently see lots of specimens belonging to species Puneri Wrongsidea are Pashan-Sus road and Raja Bahadur Mill road (i.e. the road that goes from RTO to Jahangir Hospital), that too when there are traffic police present on the scene

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 12:27   #1910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I agree. For the last 1-2 weeks, I have seen police managing signals and traffic. I have not seen traffic police (White&Khaki dress) at important signals on my daily route to office.

Have the traffic police put papers or what?
They are probably all trainees out for some "practical" trainings. They are all quite young, and do not have an identity badge or the Traffic police insignia on their sleeves.
Old 29th July 2016, 12:21   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
It has its own thread too

[url]Puneri Wrongsidea
The one thing that I have come to accept (sadly) after driving in Pune for 10 years and after having spent as many years trying to correct the wrong-doers is that there is no wrong side driving concept here.

People drive in whichever manner they find the easiest to drive not caring whether they are breaking any traffic rules or causing any inconvenience to other road users. One more thing is that no matter what the level of ineptness of traffic police or how much we blame the police, it is ultimately the road user who should have that sense of civic responsibility and drive/walk accordingly.

Nowadays I guess more than the traffic sense, it is the overall sense of moral right or wrong that has taken a major downturn.

Last edited by luvDriving : 29th July 2016 at 12:22. Reason: typing mistake
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 12:41   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Some other places where you can frequently see lots of specimens belonging to species Puneri Wrongsidea are

In Pune, people don't drive. They just point the vehicle in the intended direction. So what if someone put in a road divider, Puneris don't let such trivial issues cause any discomfort to them. In fact, if you come straight in line with the royal prince, hurtling down towards you on your side of the road, Please note that they expect that you will clear out of the way. God forbid, if you don't deviate from your righteous path and come face to face with this certified moron, then be prepared to face the full wrath of the joker in front of you, who will point to the space on your left and explain (non-courteously, of course) on why you should have moved to the left so as to allow the blue blooded prince to pass. Never a dull moment on Pune's road, I say, never a dull moment.

I think there needs to be severe penalty to drive on the wrong side. When people shell out about Rs 5,000 for each offence, they will drive on the correct side of the road.
ptushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 13:55   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Nowadays I guess more than the traffic sense, it is the overall sense of moral right or wrong that has taken a major downturn.
+1. Sad point is that well educated people also indulge in these kind of activities!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
In Pune, people don't drive. They just point the vehicle in the intended direction.

God forbid, if you don't deviate from your righteous path and come face to face with this certified moron, then be prepared to face the full wrath of the joker in front of you
He he he he ..... that's too good!!

Nothing better than these drivers to liven up your daily commute and enrich your life in Pune.

You can add to this -

-> cars double (even triple) parked on busy roads, and the driver / passenger nonchalantly sitting inside, as if it is their birthright to park anywhere. After all, haven't they shelled out considerable road tax for this privilege??

-> this chaos, which is a pretty good example of what goes on everywhere in 'amchi' Pune (source Times of India, Pune, July 28)

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-fc-road.jpg
Old 5th August 2016, 14:58   #1914
Senior - BHPian

For those who don't travel regularly on the University Road, watch out for the pot hole on the fly over near E-square, located about half-way while going down towards Central. It is on the extreme right side, after the expansion joint. Could be deadly in the night, especially for two wheelers driving in rain....

The expansion joints on both the fly overs near University were causing lot of trouble due to wear and tear. It was replaced, after PWD took its own sweet time (thank god they did it before the rains). The patch before and after the expansion joint was roughed up (probably to slow down the traffic) and it has led to the pot hole.
vrprabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 11:34   #1915
BHPian

Punekars, can you suggest me a good Wheel Alignment shop in Pune and PCMC region. I am relatively new to Pune as I have shifted from Navi Mumbai to Talegaon.

I work at Hinjawadi and stay at Talegaon, location of shop is not constraint for me but capability is of prime importance to me. I own a Honda Jazz ivtec, waiting for your reply people.

Mods, you may merge this post with a suitable thread if this is wrong thread.
Old 25th August 2016, 09:00   #1916
BHPian

Traffic Alert !!

All those taking the Sangam bridge route to reach Pune Station / Maldhakka Junction, from Kamgar putla chowk please be aware that there is a truck which has got stuck under the Rail Over bridge near to the signal. This moron was driving the wrong way and failed to gauge the height of the container he was hauling. Net result, Container got jammed under the bridge. Traffic was bad at 7.45 AM, so cant imagine how it will be later on.

Take the alternative route of COEP or Corporation

Cheers
kutoos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 10:20   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Guess what?

The whole week went without a jam, snarl et al. Thanks to Ganpati Bappa!!

Got the University Chowk signal on the first round on all the days.... In fact, even on highway trips, the line-up at toll booths is much smaller.

Makes me nostalgic of the old Poona......

Punekars (those who haven't gone home this holiday season), enjoy driving now, while the peace on roads lasts for another couple of days .....
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 10:44   #1918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Makes me nostalgic of the old Poona......

Punekars (those who haven't gone home this holiday season), enjoy driving now, while the peace on roads lasts for another couple of days .....
The crowd on the road will increase from today on wards until the Visarjan day (15-Sept), as most of the domestic and small societies' Ganapatis are immersed today. Especially, this weekend is going to be bad if you visit the core areas.
Old 9th September 2016, 11:19   #1919
BHPian

15th and 16th are the days to be worried about. Better to leave office early and reconnect from home if required on 15th. Sympathize the cops who are on duty on those days. Unruly and drunk crowd on one hand, and eager to get home motorists on the other
Old 10th October 2016, 18:09   #1920
BHPian

Massive Jams on Ganeshkhind Road (Univ Road) and Jungli Maharaj Road. Avoid non-urgent travel.
Going by experience, traffic should get abck to normal by 9pm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks