Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2014, 12:17   #1726
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I came to this thread to comment on the exact same flyover.
On bicycles thread, you were asking about the roads that I take, well this Flyover has become a my daily route. I go till Bhosari from PS in the mornings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
They would have done it slightly better. Right now persons coming from Pimple Saudagar can not merge with Old Mumbai-Pune highway directly. Similarly persons coming from Pune can not go to Pimple Saudagar directly. They have to follow the old route. These connections were in the original proposal but somehow they have omitted from the final one.
Max, not sure if you know this section that well, but if you are coming from Pimple Saudagar and want to join old highway to go to Chinchwad, take an exit for Kasarwadi railway station from the flyover. After you cross the station, there is one underpass that will allow you to join the old highway.

While coming from Pune and to go to PS, you again can take the same underpass after Kasarwadi station but you will have to wait at Nashik Phata signal for some time. The road after underpass has an entry into the flyover section going to PS.
Old 23rd February 2014, 13:03   #1727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
While coming from Pune and to go to PS, you again can take the same underpass after Kasarwadi station but you will have to wait at Nashik Phata signal for some time. The road after underpass has an entry into the flyover section going to PS.
Shipnil I stay at Kasarwadi, so I am familiar to those routes you have suggested. But hope you are aware that in monsoon seasons, there will be water logging in the particular railway underpass.

When the flyover construction was announced, a detailed plan of the whole flyover was available (still it is available) on PCMC website. Here I am attaching a screen shot of the map's relevant portion.

If you look at it, you can see there are two ramps (shown in black) attached to the Pimple Saudagar - Bhosari flyover (the blue/cyan one). One to enter from Pune side and the other to exit to Mumbai side. These two ramps are not built as of now. If those ramps were existing, it would have been a boon.
Attached Thumbnails
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-nashik-phata.png  

MaxTorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 14:26   #1728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I know I am replying late but well, I went today
We drove up to the top parking lot. There is a charge to drive up all the way, 50 rupees per car. The guy was well spoken, informed us not to litter the area and use dustbins and asked if we were carrying any non veggie food. He also issue a printed receipt.

Roadwork is still ongoing, but not much work being done on weekends. There is a T junction about halfway up, where the left turn goes to Khed Shivapur. till this point there is no road really, just a kachcha road. After that it is ok, but narrow enough that one has to stop for oncoming vehicles.
Crowd was ok, but then we went only around 11am. Evenings are more crowded.

Thanks Balaji. Our Sinhagad trip never materialized, but it is still not too late for us before the summer heat engulfs us.

I was thinking on going on our Suzuki Access two wheeler, but realized that the distance is 40KM one way from our place. Incidentally, I was looking forward to test the 125 cc engine's capability to take on the sharp inclines.
Unfortunately with the harsh ride of this scooter, we could get tired after an hour's journey.

Secondly if the road is not good, a four wheeler certainly is preferred.

The route that I marked is simpler for us, provided the road conditions from Khed till the fort are reasonable.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-sinhagad-route.jpg

BTW: Besides the view from the top, what else is there to see/ do?
Is this place OK for half-day trip only?
We might want to start by 7-7:30 AM to avoid heat.
Old 24th February 2014, 19:47   #1729
BHPian

Horrific accident on Dehu Road - Katraj bypass, opp Renault showroom, between Baner and Pashan exits. A north-bound truck jumped the divider and crashed into (at least) 2 cars and 2/3 two-wheelers. A long pile-up has resulted on south-bound corridor. For folks coming from Hinjawadi, headed towards Sus road/Kothrud and beyond, phase 3 - Nande - Sus - Highway would be a better option.
Old 25th February 2014, 09:25   #1730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Horrific accident on Dehu Road - Katraj bypass, opp Renault showroom, between Baner and Pashan exits. A north-bound truck jumped the divider and crashed into (at least) 2 cars and 2/3 two-wheelers. A long pile-up has resulted on south-bound corridor. For folks coming from Hinjawadi, headed towards Sus road/Kothrud and beyond, phase 3 - Nande - Sus - Highway would be a better option.
I can only imagine the Chaos that would have resulted in. In such situations, coming from HJW and using Nande Chande Route could become problematic with the tight turn from the overbridge to connect to NH4. It is better to continue straight on Pashan Road and onwards to Kothrud using the road from the temple.
Old 25th February 2014, 09:46   #1731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The route that I marked is simpler for us, provided the road conditions from Khed till the fort are reasonable
We thought of returning via that route, but we had to visit someone so we decided against it and returned via Khadakwasla.

Quote:
Besides the view from the top, what else is there to see/ do? Is this place OK for half-day trip only?
We might want to start by 7-7:30 AM to avoid heat.
Well, the view from the top is in all directions, but from the topmost parking lot, it is a bit of a climb. there are steps though, so it is quite easy

there are multiple ramparts/ ruins to see. Some restoration work is ongoing where sections are being re enforced. other than these it is just the sheer quiet that the place affords.
there are numerous tapris at the parking lot and on the top too offering bhakri, pithla, bhajiyas and dahi. the view at the back of the fort towards Panshet is also awesome. Yes, I would say a half day trip too

you could also park at the base of the fort and trek up about an hour or so if you are interested

there are some enterprising folks who trek from Sinhagad to Katraj during the night. that may be of interest to others too. Not sure of the season when they do it, but would be awesome!
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 11:15   #1732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Ohh no!! This is extremely tragic. I saw a badly mangled Indica cab and a relatively better off black Renault Scala. The worst off must be the two wheelers. I hope there were no serious casualties.
Any idea how the truck ended up losing control ? Was it speeding down the Sus road slope to join the highway ?
I couldnt find anything in the morning papers.
Old 25th February 2014, 12:26   #1733
BHPian

Friend of a colleague of mine were caught in this accident. They were on a 2 wheeler when one of the impacted 4 wheelers dashed into them.

Multiple fractures on both arms, dislocated shoulder, body bruises and internal abdominal injuries. Poor guy - so many injuries for probably no fault of his.
Old 25th February 2014, 13:52   #1734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Ohh no!! This is extremely tragic. I saw a badly mangled Indica cab and a relatively better off black Renault Scala. I couldnt find anything in the morning papers.
Yes I saw those cars and the truck too. They were lying on the slope connecting the highway to the service road, both cars facing opposite directions.

Adding to the chaos later was a PMT bus which chose that very moment to break down.
Old 6th March 2014, 12:03   #1735
BHPian

Thanks to election, work on stalled flyover projects along Katraj-Dehu bypass road has finally resumed. From yesterday I also see work progressing on Bavdhan site.
Old 6th March 2014, 12:10   #1736
Senior - BHPian

Very low traffic this morning on Nagar road, around 10:30 AM.
It was as if someone had called for a bandh. Am I missing something (other than the traffic?)
Old 6th March 2014, 12:20   #1737
Senior - BHPian

Its been just 4 days that I have been driving from Kothrud to Kharadi, via the -FC Road->Sangamwadi Bridge->Nagar Road route. My travel time is around 8 in the morning and 5-5:15 PM in the evening.

During my morning travel, I have observed that 99.99% of the people do not obey any kind of traffic rule, except at the major junctions (Sancheti, Yerawada, KP). So many times it happens that I am the only person (Moron is what most people must be thinking while passing by me) waiting at red signals.

Total sad state of affairs I say.
Old 6th March 2014, 12:25   #1738
Senior - BHPian

^Unfortunately, there is high probability of getting rear-ended if you keep waiting for the signal to turn green.
Old 6th March 2014, 12:29   #1739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^Unfortunately, there is high probability of getting rear-ended if you keep waiting for the signal to turn green.
Absolutely right. I am in constant fear of my car getting rear-ended. Damn! Even so called educated, well-to-do people driving expensive cars dont care about traffic rules, and I am not even talking about Scorpios, Safaris, Audis, BMWs in white colour with charcoal black glasses.
Old 6th March 2014, 14:07   #1740
BHPian

Quote:
Very low traffic this morning on Nagar road, around 10:30 AM.
It was as if someone had called for a bandh. Am I missing something (other than the traffic?)
As today's is Thursday, there is a probability that the industrial units in that side have week off. Just a guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks