Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2006, 12:59   #31
BANNED

Off topic : I'm having a Autocop remote controlled central locking system installed on my car. If I want to open the door when the car is ON, should I press the button on the remote or pull the child lock near the driver's window ?

Can someone provide me some tips for the better care of central locking systems ?
Old 25th March 2006, 13:37   #32
BHPian

has happen to me millions of time in a 800 ... once in my accent i locked the keys inthe boot ... luckily the window was open so i pushed my self in the car and opened the boot and tat happened late night like arund 2
Old 26th March 2006, 22:58   #33
BHPian

(1) all it needs is a firm cardboard / metal strip which can be fixed just above the small metal rods connecting the door key lock to the snap open. this piece of board / strip can be fitted by opening the side panel internally. this will not allow scale to pass thru. In this case you get only 1/3rd window open.

(2) in adition i use a a coil by-pass switch hidden within the internal, can be ur seat or glove compartment etc this will be a 100% no start chance but if point (1) turns positive ur car can be towed.

(3) the only other option left is rivet the externals with a Towerbolt and strap it with a Yale. (maybe the liq nitro will defeat this too but thats only if ur car is a Ferrari lambo but if its an 800 then the thief should be hell bent to take it up as a challenge).

Last edited by 2fast4u : 26th March 2006 at 22:59.

Most Viewed