Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 16:13   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Does a call get disconnected as soon as the balance is exhausted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
So it was indeed a load of hot air !
God knows. This was way back in 2001/2. It never occurred to me to ask this guy all these things.

Isnt there any one in our forum who can actually give us some "hot air-free" gyan on this??

Regards,

Last edited by amohit : 17th April 2009 at 16:14.
Old 17th April 2009, 18:03   #62
BHPian

If one of the top heads in Bharti, we reading, they would sure switch to BSNL . Now that we are talking about Airtel, am guessing Vodafone is no better either.
Old 17th April 2009, 19:44   #63
Senior - BHPian

Here are my experiences with Airtel:

For post paid mobile connection: Did not bother with the safe keeping and all those pains. Had tried the last time I was moving out of the country and the morons just would not understand. I gave up! Paying the 250rs monthly rental was a lesser pain!

Same situation now also, ie paying monthly rental. But last months bill was sent to my email as an attachement which was password locked. For getting the password, I had to send an sms to 121. This was not possible since I am not in India and the sim card is with me here. Write to CC asking them the password or a bill without the password. 5 working days later, I get a response saying that password is "computer" generated and that they have taken the request for the "non password protected billing" which will come to effect from next billing and for the current billing, they will get back to me after 7 working days!!!

The last payment day being 4 calendar days away, I shot back a mail saying alls fine and that I reckon that they are ok with me making a late payment without any penalty since the payment is being delayed due to their process. 45 minutes (yes 45 minutes!!!) later I get my bill without a password in a response email! Beat that!!!
Old 17th April 2009, 21:55   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
If one of the top heads in Bharti, we reading, they would sure switch to BSNL . Now that we are talking about Airtel, am guessing Vodafone is no better either.
They are all the same, I have used BSNL, Airtel and Vodafone and first level cutomer service is quite poor across the board. It is only when you contact top level management that things get done. The CEO's etc are customer focussed but it is not transferring to the customer service reps.
Old 17th April 2009, 22:11   #65
BHPian

In Bangalore whenever I call 121, the automated menu comes up only in kannada and does not give any option to press the number to change language. How can Airtel expect that all customer know kannada in a cosmoplitan like bangalore.
Old 17th April 2009, 22:30   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyags22 View Post
In Bangalore whenever I call 121, the automated menu comes up only in kannada and does not give any option to press the number to change language. How can Airtel expect that all customer know kannada in a cosmoplitan like bangalore.

Thats strange,by default it is english.Let them know about it,they will gladly change it for you
Old 20th April 2009, 23:13   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
They are all the same, I have used BSNL, Airtel and Vodafone and first level cutomer service is quite poor across the board. It is only when you contact top level management that things get done. The CEO's etc are customer focussed but it is not transferring to the customer service reps.
I am Vodafone sufferer (they call me customer) since many years. I salute you for having been able to access their top level management. I find it easier to approach GOD, than even their middle level 'management.'
Old 24th April 2009, 01:11   #68
BHPian

I called Tata Indicom CC for Chattisgarh today and was connected to somewhere in Gujrat probably. They were rude, didn't understand if I spoke in hindi or english, didnt want to understand my PoV, anything I ask is rudely denied.

I felt as much as dumping the connection right then and there, but what can I do. I need to sent those docs to the bank and they are yet to come in my inbox.

Duh. Idiots.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:52   #69
BHPian

Dig this...

From 3 months I havent recieved my Airtel Bill, no sms on Mobile.

Called at least 20 times , they have the record and they say you'll get it in 4 hrs but nothing happens

This after being an Airtel customer for 6 yrs ..
Old 24th April 2009, 15:00   #70
Team-BHP Support

My mobile number is not spread out. Its less than a month old and hence am quite safe from unwanted sms and calls.
Or so I thought.

I got this message, reproduced verbatim.
Quote:
Conversation with AL Friendz Chat
AL Friendz Chat (4/21):
5432166628125: Hi this is Garima wanted to know more about you so call me at 5432166628125 (Garima,21,Hyderabad) Charges Rs2/min
AL Friendz Chat (3:53 PM):
5432166628125(Garima,21,Hyderabad): Friendship is a Wonderful Feeling that every1 shares.Dial 5432166628125 & Enjoy Friendship on Friendz Chat.Charges Rs2/min
I call up Airtel and tell them why are they now pimping.
This service is provided by Airtel to all its customers. I am requiered to opt out if I don't like it.
Why is Airtel forgetting its primary business, that is mobile services and indulging in this.
Shame on you, airtel.
Old 25th April 2009, 00:21   #71
BHPian

All these problems are common to both airtel and vodafone. Even on the latter they blacklist and don't provide gprs settings for WM. Your best bet would be to visit an airtel store.
On the + side I don't think vodafone disconnects calls.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 25th April 2009 at 00:32.
Old 25th April 2009, 00:50   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Is this what they are resorting to now? Recession has indeed hit hard.
Old 26th April 2009, 09:54   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My mobile number is not spread out. Its less than a month old and hence am quite safe from unwanted sms and calls.
Or so I thought.

I call up Airtel and tell them why are they now pimping.
This service is provided by Airtel to all its customers. I am requiered to opt out if I don't like it.
Why is Airtel forgetting its primary business, that is mobile services and indulging in this.
Shame on you, airtel.
What the hell? That has to be a prank, they can't just activate something like this for everyone. The TRAI must have setup safeguards so that no customer is shafted like this. Contact the customer service, their superiors, and their superiors.
Old 26th April 2009, 11:07   #74
Senior - BHPian

I am a airtel customer for the last 9 years. Yesterday, I realised how much their service has deteriorated.

I lost my mobile and called airtel customer care to block my sim. The customer care said that the server is down until Tuesday and they would not be able to help me. I have to go to a nearby airtel centre and submit a request to block the sim. They will be able to do it then itself. So, I went to the airtel centre to block the sim.

I started explaining the request to the service executive, he cut me in between and told me to come on Tuesday as their system is down - I DO NOT CARE attitude. I asked him why cannot he give the form, take the request and process it when the system is up. His answer was that he can collect the form only when the system is up, which is supposed to happen next TUESDAY. They did not have an answer when I asked whether airtel would take responsibility if someone misuses my SIM. I do not understand why they were sitting there with a failed system when every customer was shouting and leaving the service centre. The service executives were handling the situation badly with their arrogant attitude. They were smiling at angry customers instead of being apologetic.

I think Airtel got carried away with their success and I am sad to see what is happening as I was a happy customer for 9 years.

Quote:
Or so I thought.

Hard to believe.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 26th April 2009 at 11:14.
Old 26th April 2009, 11:57   #75
Senior - BHPian

People, such as you PatienceWins and myself (being with Airtel for 5 years now), stick to the same provider since we have this number with most of our contacts and services.

I wish they bring number portability soon. Then lets see what happens!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks