Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2011, 18:47   #706
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Cricket World Cup 2011 thread

^^ That Gavaskar comment was so un-Gavaskar like. When I say politically correct, I mean that he does not ever commit to taking a stand. He generally takes the middle path. And I agree that he has his pet peeves, and the Aussie behaviour on the field has been of those.

Bumble is David Lloyd, ex England captain and coach
Old 1st April 2011, 19:27   #707
BHPian

Talking about commentators, Gavaskar and Ramiz Raja were making fun of Indian team during the last 10 overs or so against Pakistan.

Ramiz was making fun of Zaheer saying he has no idea how to bat, is coming up with new technique and all that. He said probably Gavaskar should say what Zaheer is playing to which Gavaskar started throwing brickbats at Zaheer as well. Dont remember what he said but it was not expected from him.

Moreover, they should probably realize that Zaheer or any other tail-enders for that matter are not good batsmen. Imagine how would it be if someone commented about Gavaskar and Ramiz's bowling

PS: Michael Holding(with his heavy accent) and Tony Greig are my favorite commentators
Old 1st April 2011, 19:57   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Bumble is David Lloyd, ex England captain and coach
He has a peculiar tone. I find it as if he is telling a story to his grand children
Old 1st April 2011, 20:01   #709
Senior - BHPian

Any one wonder why Dhoni answers every question starting with "Well of Course" - be it on the stadium or the press conference. Every time he does that.
Old 1st April 2011, 23:28   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Does anyone know what was the background music playing in Star Cricket. Anyone has a clue?
hey!
the name of the song is Conquest of Paradise by Vangeli
Old 1st April 2011, 23:54   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
hey!
the name of the song is Conquest of Paradise by Vangeli
There is another song which was played in between the fall of wickets during the Ind/Aus match. It was a quite popular song from the 80s but cant recall. Can anyone help?

And oh yes today I picked up a stuffed toy of 'Stumpy the Elephant' the mascot of this years Cricket World Cup. I'm a big fan of mascots so picked him up as a souvenir.
Old 2nd April 2011, 01:38   #712
Senior - BHPian

On the Road with Zaltzman | ESPN Cricinfo

Very funny and nicely written article.

My wishes are with Indian team for 2 major reasons.
1. I am an Indian and crazy for cricket.
2. I am waiting like anything for poonam pandey
Old 2nd April 2011, 01:47   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Afridi is at most sensible in a long time. Ominous signs :-(
You are absolutely right, Afridi was very very sensible and it looked very dangerous for us, but I disagree with that he slipped, he never did, except in his batting when it was getting too tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
And we win..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SL you "CHUCKERS" wait we will teach you a lesson......
Hey d2l, i had very good opinion about you until this. This is the sickest comment anyone can make. I have reason to believe if you said this against Akthar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
And the cutest interview goes to Munaf Patel. He was brilliant
I agree, but i have absolutely no clue of what the question and the answer was, i felt like a kid sitting in a very important exam of my life where i could not even understand the questions on my paper. Good luck to patel though, he looked very happy and cheerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I know absolutely nothing of cricket and do agree that Nehra (atleast from the stats I saw in the paper this morning) did better than usual. He was very ecnomical.

but...the wickets Nehra took were that of the last two bowlers. He did not get any recognised batsmen out did he? also from what little I have seen (the Ind-Aus game for example) that Ashwin chap is a better fielder. Still it is Dhoni's call. It is his neck and he (from what I am told) did admit in an interview that he did not choose the 'right' combination of bowlers for this particular track.

Exactly. We have to realise that not all Pakistanis are terrorists. Many like Afridi and co are sportsmen and should be treated as such.
Fantastic comment Navin, you have been at your best here. Though i must admit that you know more about cricket than what you have said here. Nehra was pathetic in all his previous matches, this morning's papers could not have said that. No one in the world would have agreed with dhoni's choice of having him in the side myself the first, but he did good. I can remember the 2003 WC in SA where we played England, Nehra was absolutely unplayable picking up 6 wickets. If he is half as good as that, we will win this cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
He has a peculiar tone. I find it as if he is telling a story to his grand children
I love David Lloyd, maybe i am a child.

I hate Shastri for his monotonous-always-swaying-to-the-winning-side-stupid commentary and his over bearing tone and ramiz raja(hopelessly blabbering), (I hate Tony Greig, he is the worst of the lot (very biased to SL until he realised there is more money elsewhere, i can still recollect his commentary during the 96 semifinal when Aravinda was belting the Indian bowling "Go fetch it India", he will never ever say it again),
and sanjay-self-righteous-40strike rate-ball-below-my-ankles player (whom i most loved initially) judging rahul dravid, sachin and other greats in the indian side. I like listening to Atherton, David Lloyd, Ian Chappell, Mark Nicholas ( of recent after joining channel 9 has sometimes become too sensational, but that would negate the tony greig effect which is good for us) and Ganguly (He is the best as of now for his insights into the modern game and how it is played).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
And oh yes today I picked up a stuffed toy of 'Stumpy the Elephant' the mascot of this years Cricket World Cup. I'm a big fan of mascots so picked him up as a souvenir.
And to see so many purely auto/audio/nothing else guys on this page especially this one is great to see, plus 1.21 billion (no longer 1 billion) here, India will win this time.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 2nd April 2011 at 01:53.
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:24   #714
MCR
BHPian

The day of the final is here. The Indian Team may have one surprise inclusion. Yusuf Pathan in place of Virat Kohli. Just to give the fillip in the middle overs. Also for the reason that Lankans have many spinners in their side. Ashwin definitely in since Nehra is injured.
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:37   #715
BHPian

Doesnt make sense in having Yusuf in-place for Kohli. I prefer to have 7 batsman and 4 bowlers with Ashwin & Bajji spinning along with support from Yuvraj & Raina. India will win today and hopefully sachin atleast makes his century count.
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:58   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
India will win today and hopefully sachin atleast makes his century count.
And does it in style!
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:10   #717
Senior - BHPian

aaah! the d-day is here! let the best team *cough* India *cough* win!!

fingers and toes crossed
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:55   #718
Team-BHP Support

I do not understand why Kohli was dropped for Yusuf. Kohli is a top-middle order batsman and he has the ability to construct the innings beautifully, once he has his eye in. And lest we forget, he can hit the ball a long way. Do you remember the damage he inflicted on the opposition during the IPL? I still remember his 40 ball 80.

EDIT: Not to mention, his superb fielding abilities.

This is a big mistake. I hope I take my words back though. Hope Pathan comes good when it counts.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd April 2011 at 11:56.
Old 2nd April 2011, 12:23   #719
Senior - BHPian

India is to win today's bout. I am not even watching. I am that confident.
Old 2nd April 2011, 12:26   #720
BHPian

suhas, the side has not yet been announced?!

I am too tensed up about this match. And the sheer enormity and audacity of what is expected of a man, by a billion people.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks