Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2010, 12:07   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation

A small update: snapdeal refunds the money is you are unsatisfied. I bought two vouchers and not too keen (well, not at all) to get carnation's services again. So called them for the refund of the other voucher(though I can ask for the refund of the used one too, I am not claiming that), they promptly agreed! Will let you know of the proceedings.
Old 13th December 2010, 13:09   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
A small update: snapdeal refunds the money is you are unsatisfied. I bought two vouchers and not too keen (well, not at all) to get carnation's services again. So called them for the refund of the other voucher(though I can ask for the refund of the used one too, I am not claiming that), they promptly agreed! Will let you know of the proceedings.
Man these are some horrifiying reviews.Going with the pathetic reviews I'd rather not use my voucher. I anyways wash and wax it myself, takes me 2-3 hours but its time well spent and decent amount of calories burnt!

@anilisanil: Please do post the cancellation procedure for the voucher!
Old 13th December 2010, 14:11   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Man these are some horrifiying reviews.Going with the pathetic reviews I'd rather not use my voucher. I anyways wash and wax it myself, takes me 2-3 hours but its time well spent and decent amount of calories burnt!

@anilisanil: Please do post the cancellation procedure for the voucher!
Just call 01145371100 (snapdeal call center) and tell them about the carnation deal and how you are not happy with it. And give them the voucher numbers. This was what I did this morning, will have to check if this is done or not yet!
Old 13th December 2010, 14:36   #94
BHPian

Went to carnation on Saturday at 11.30am bannergatta road. Have to say total value for money and was there with the car for the whole 3 hours which did the trick. One observation made was if you are there with the car they treat your car very well else as people have mentioned they dont give much preference.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:33   #95

SnapDeals refuses refund

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I had purchased 2 vouchers for both my cars. After reading the reviews for Bangalore, decided to cancel and called SnapDeals Customer Care.

They point blank refused to refund the money saying "they do not have a policy of refunding"

So be warned about SnapDeals.
Old 13th December 2010, 19:24   #96
BHPian

Re: SnapDeals refuses refund

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvgm View Post
I had purchased 2 vouchers for both my cars. After reading the reviews for Bangalore, decided to cancel and called SnapDeals Customer Care.

They point blank refused to refund the money saying "they do not have a policy of refunding"

So be warned about SnapDeals.
To be fair to SnapDeals (and I do not work for them), their terms of sale are quite clear

"Unless there is something wrong with the purchase or an error attributable to us, we do not offer refunds. Vouchers once sold are non-refundable, whether you use it or not"

Changing one's mind based on reading reviews would clearly not qualify.

Being unsatisfied with a service received and requesting a refund based on that is another case and could qualify.
Old 13th December 2010, 19:57   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Before going out for this weekend OTR, I had bought a voucher and intend to take this one to their place for washing. Let's see if they honor the voucher for this one. I am sure I will recover my 99/- and several other members as well, with them trying to wash this one -- forget the vacuuming & waxing

The picture doesn't do justice to how mucky the vehicle is right now..!!!

Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation-1.jpg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th December 2010 at 19:59.
Old 13th December 2010, 20:58   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
I am sure I will recover my 99/-

I fell off my chair looking at that. If possible take a picture of the Service Advisor when he sees the vehicle.

HILARIOUS!!!
Old 13th December 2010, 21:27   #99
BHPian

Hats off to you Khan Saab...That's an excellent way to teach Carnation a lesson for misleading us into buying these pointless coupons now!!!

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 13th December 2010 at 21:30.
Old 13th December 2010, 22:34   #100

Re: SnapDeals refuses refund

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
To be fair to SnapDeals (and I do not work for them), their terms of sale are quite clear

"Unless there is something wrong with the purchase or an error attributable to us, we do not offer refunds. Vouchers once sold are non-refundable, whether you use it or not"

Changing one's mind based on reading reviews would clearly not qualify.

Being unsatisfied with a service received and requesting a refund based on that is another case and could qualify.

Respectfully, I would disagree with your assessment. A merchant who aggregates and offers a service from someone else IS responsible for that offering.

We all take issue if a Valet driver at a hotel were to damage our cars while parking them. Hell, I even get upset with the Valet driver if my car is dirtied because it has been carelessly parked under a tree and bird droppings have fallen on it.

Almost all hotels (without exception) have outsourced Valet drivers. So would you say that it is not the fault of the hotel if your car were to be damaged by the Valet? Of course, all hotels do have small print which says that parking is at the owner's risk, but that does not absolve them of the responsibility of being careful with a guest's car.

Similarly, can a hotel absolve itself of responsibility if the soft drink you purchased from them (as part of a meal) has foreign bodies floating in it?

The list is endless, but you see the point I am driving at.

Jasper Infotech is playing games with the clause which says that they are not responsible for their service provider's competence.

If they are not capable of assessing that service provider's competency, then they are also not competent to collect payment on their behalf. Why don't they then ask us to directly pay at Carnation -- perhaps with a special coupon whose printout we have to carry with us? Why collect money from us?

My fault that I did not check the antecedents of the company before spending money.

Anyways, that is my two cents. Based on all the negative feedback -- which seems to be across all outlets around the country -- I am not risking my cars with this offer. I'd rather lose Rs. 198 than risk ruining my cars.

I just wish this "charitable donation" to Jasper could qualify for a tax deduction -- since they are now making money from customers by N-O-T providing a service!
Old 13th December 2010, 23:15   #101
BHPian

I tried this on Sunday at Kochi carnation. Waxing - i dont know if they did anything like that.. Plus there are still some grease marks in multiple places. washing was not good enough for the trouble i took and the time spent waiting for delivery.
Stay away
Old 14th December 2010, 12:29   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

After seeing all this Carnation bashing, just to be a little fair to them especially since this JK initiative hasnt taken off quite well as he wanted it too, we all seem to be expecting the moon for the measly Rs.99 that we are paying carnation for vaccuming, waxing and polishing.

If i am not wrong, most metros charge Rs.250 (small car) and Rs.350 (sedan) just for washing.

You pay Rs.350 for washing, Rs.300 for interior cleaning and Rs.600 for waxing and polishing and then if you DON'T get good service. Rip them apart

My experience with Carnation was good ONLY for washing and vaccuming which i got it done standing on their head ( maybe they work better under pressure)

Waxing--that's a complete different story and dont even want to dwelve into it.

Summary, I got my car vaccumed and washed throughly for 99 bucks. What more can we ask?
Old 14th December 2010, 12:39   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Summary, I got my car vaccumed and washed throughly for 99 bucks. What more can we ask?
I disagree.

If a 2L bottle of Pepsi which is originally at around Rs. 50/- is sold at a discount owing to some offer for Rs.25/-, do you expect to get just a litre when you buy it? Just because you were asked to pay just Rs.25/- ?!

If a product/service is being sold at a discount, we expect the service to be to the same standard as was originally guaranteed without the discount.

That's my take on it.

As for Carnation, my experience with them was less than flattering when i tried to use their sevices to procure an ignition coil for my car. I have mentioned the same on my ownership thread. I have chosen not to fall for their fancy customer lounge and false pamphlets and banners screaming 'customer is right' and what not, if they cannot live upto it.

Sorry JK, you seem to have lost out on this initiative.
Old 14th December 2010, 12:50   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

@Benny, dont you agree this offer is a loss making proposition to Carnation. They are doing this primarily to drum up customers and make them visit their A.S.S and with their good service they are supposed to convert them into regular customer. However, they are losing this golden opportunity with thier callous attitude (maybe they are not putting in that extra effort because customer is paying such a low amount for that service)

But, as a user of that particular offer, i will purely go by VFM factor and it is a fact that i got my car throughly cleaned and vaccumed for 1/4th the price elsewhere. My expectations were low considering the amount paid and I was pretty much ok with final results.

Anyways, everyone has different opinions on expectations, so each to his own
Old 14th December 2010, 13:01   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Benny, dont you agree this offer is a loss making proposition to Carnation. They are doing this primarily to drum up customers and make them visit their A.S.S and with their good service they are supposed to convert them into regular customer. However, they are losing this golden opportunity with thier callous attitude (maybe they are not putting in that extra effort because customer is paying such a low amount for that service)
If the highlighted portion is correct then they should fund the differential amount over and above 99 Rupees from their advertising budget instead of cutting the service to what can be offered in 99 Rupees.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks