Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2024, 12:28   #7921
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomyboy View Post
With Axis taking over Citi cards, the credit card limits have doubled too. Your Citi credit card limit gets added to your pre-existing Axis card limit
Lucky you !.. check my post #220 (Citibank's exit from India) in the other forum
Ananthponraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2024, 08:18   #7922
Senior - BHPian

I have hdfc business Moneyback.
They offered hdfc Bizgrow.
I think annual fee is 500
1st year fee is waived off.
Is it worth it as I have no knowledge about this card. I use Moneyback rarely as hdfc infinity is used mostly.
Old 24th August 2024, 16:21   #7923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
A couple of questions on the Amex Platinum Charge Card.

Does it really offer many benefits over the Gold Charge card in terms of reward value?
Platinum Charge is a lifestyle card where reward points serve a secondary role. It's a great card if you can get value out of the concierge, hotel memberships, centurion lounges and preferential pricing on international biz flights and high end hotels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I have hdfc business Moneyback.
They offered hdfc Bizgrow.
Is it worth it as I have no knowledge about this card. I use Moneyback rarely as hdfc infinity is used mostly.
Neu Infinity is a more rewarding card, but if you do a lot of business spending on a personal card there is always a risk of getting blocked. So the biz card with it's modest rewards may still be good if you can utilize it for that purpose.

If you have a lot of business spends that can be routed through a card then you can try for HDFC Biz Black which is insanely rewarding for a business card as of now though I expect devaluations soon.
Noctis is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 18:08   #7924

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Is anyone aware whether the 'ordinary' UPI QR codes found at every small merchant will automatically work for RuPay credit card payments?

I always prefer to use my credit cards rather than debit as a rule.
Actually it depends upon the merchant UPI payment settings. If they allow this option, everyone can pay with UPI credit card. Problem is, they will be charged a percentage for this credit card payment hence most of the merchant has turned it off.
Old 16th September 2024, 19:29   #7925
BHPian

Hello

Is it better to spend via Amex corp card and convert to Bonvoy points OR is it better to spend via HDFC Infinia and convert to Bonvoy points?

The spend itself will be at a Marriott hotel.

thanks for any insights

thanks
Vaibhav
Old 17th September 2024, 16:16   #7926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav_a_a View Post
Hello

Is it better to spend via Amex corp card and convert to Bonvoy points OR is it better to spend via HDFC Infinia and convert to Bonvoy points?

The spend itself will be at a Marriott hotel.

thanks for any insights

thanks
Vaibhav
Is Amex corp card = corporate card?

With Marriott bonvoy, I think you will get nights for stay and points for spends directly irrespective of the card used if booking done directly.

With Infinia, you will get credit card points for payment which has to be converted to Marriott bonvoy points by transfer. So you will get both the benefits.

Does your Amex corp card gives points for card spend? We never had it in our Amex corp card.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 17:07   #7927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Is Amex corp card = corporate card?

With Marriott bonvoy, I think you will get nights for stay and points for spends directly irrespective of the card used if booking done directly.

With Infinia, you will get credit card points for payment which has to be converted to Marriott bonvoy points by transfer. So you will get both the benefits.

Does your Amex corp card gives points for card spend? We never had it in our Amex corp card.
Thanks for your response. It does give reward points for spend - its a combination of an old card contract + MR program then that gives me the points.

What I'm curios about is the reward structure on infinia - i.e. how many points does one get per 100 rupees spent.
Old 17th September 2024, 17:25   #7928
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response. It does give reward points for spend - its a combination of an old card contract + MR program then that gives me the points.

What I'm curios about is the reward structure on infinia - i.e. how many points does one get per 100 rupees spent.
Infinia, I remember earns 5 credit card points/150 INR.

Last edited by thanixravindran : 17th September 2024 at 17:29.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2024, 18:23   #7929
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
Yes Bank (Marquee)
Hey Noctis, do you use this card? Just looking for a little feedback as I have been offered an upgrade to this one.
Old 19th September 2024, 19:33   #7930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Hey Noctis, do you use this card? Just looking for a little feedback as I have been offered an upgrade to this one.
Hi, I turned it down because it doesn't quite fit in my airmiles strategy. But it's one of the best no-nonsense cards out there with a straightforward redemption for flights/hotels and some gift cards.

Has 4.5% returns for online spends, half that for offline and one of the few cards left that still gives BOGO for BMS. Fees are compensated with points and it comes with the usual benefits of a premium card like Golf and great lounge access.

Only downside is lack of proper transfer partners, so go for it only if you prefer direct redemptions instead of airmiles.
Noctis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2024, 19:28   #7931
BHPian

Infinia would be better if you can obtain it. It seems that they have lowered the requirements a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
Hi, I turned it down because it doesn't quite fit in my airmiles strategy. But it's one of the best no-nonsense cards out there with a straightforward redemption for flights/hotels and some gift cards.

Has 4.5% returns for online spends, half that for offline and one of the few cards left that still gives BOGO for BMS. Fees are compensated with points and it comes with the usual benefits of a premium card like Golf and great lounge access.

Only downside is lack of proper transfer partners, so go for it only if you prefer direct redemptions instead of airmiles.
Old 22nd September 2024, 19:53   #7932
BHPian

Quote:
You get 3.3% cashback on Infinia on all spends with the exception of fuel and government spending. However, the way to book a hotel with Infinia is via Smartbuy. You will get 33% cashback (yes, you read it correctly) for booking ANY hotel in the world, including any Marriott. Smartbuy is an HDFC platform and it basically shows you hotel prices from MMT, Cleartrip and Yatra. The prices shown are generally slightly cheaper than what you find on those sites directly. There is no need to transfer the reward points to Bonvoy. I have two Amex cards as well as the Infinia, and Infinia is far more rewarding.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd September 2024 at 21:35. Reason: Typos
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2024, 00:11   #7933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
That's really measly! Do you or anyone know of a better CC for fuel? I have 2 diesel cars which need a full tank every month. Later part of the year, I go on few road trips so will need atleast 5-6 full tanks a month during those few months.

I have been personally using Axis IndianOil Credit Card (got it as an LTF offer). It offers 4% value back as reward points +1% fuel surcharge waiver.
Also, while proceeding to pay at IOC pumps, tell them to add your number in POS machine, which will give 1.33% as Xtra rewards points on your Xtrarewards account at Indianoil One App. You can then later on redeem them while LPG refilling.

Plus Axis IndianOil CC is Rupay card, so you can have Upi payments for other stuff.

More details here: https://www.axisbank.com/retail/card...nk-credit-card

Same philospohy for Kotak IndianOil CC , also a Rupay Card. (although Kotak is now prohibited for any joining any new customers).

The added benefit in Kotak CC is you get accelerated rewards on dining and grocery spends via UPI.

Every Sabji wala accepting Upi through Rupay CC is catergorized as Grocery spends and ever sweet shop/milk parlour are categorized as Restaurants in account statement.

https://www.kotak.com/en/personal-ba...edit-card.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Amex acceptability at bunks is iffy at best. In the bunks near my place - the acceptance was OK the past several years, but around an year back, the acceptance dipped dramatically with the usual "amex machine not working" excuse. Have switched to other card post that.

If one is considering card swipes for road trips, IOCL based cards would be the best bet since they have the maximum pumps.
True, I have also found few pumps accepting Amex cards.
iampulo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2024, 01:10   #7934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
Infinia would be better if you can obtain it. It seems that they have lowered the requirements a bit.
Can you detail out?

I was looking to upgrade my Diners Black to an Infinia; and had to unsuccessfully jump through a ton of hoops:
3L take home salary, 30L relationship value, Purchase ULIPs, "We stopped LTF Infinia" etc etc.
Old 23rd September 2024, 10:10   #7935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
Can you detail out?

I was looking to upgrade my Diners Black to an Infinia; and had to unsuccessfully jump through a ton of hoops:
3L take home salary, 30L relationship value, Purchase ULIPs, "We stopped LTF Infinia" etc etc.
Infinia LTF is no more available. It costs 12k + taxes per annum, if you dont spend 10Lakhs in the year. But you go do get 12000 points on annual fee payment. But you can generally get FYF.

The best bet is to contact the grievance team Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com with your details and ask for upgrade. The base requirements are 2.7L+ take home. You do not need to take their ULIP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks