Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2024, 13:02   #7846
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Looks like ICICI Fastag have disabled fuel payments via fastag for all. This is a bummer.
I tried paying through Fastag today. It went through without any issues. I used Fastag+OTP method. Either ICICI re-enabled it or the call center gave you wrong information and your tag has some issue.
Old 26th July 2024, 13:45   #7847
BHPian

Last Sunday I was travelling from Delhi T3 and thought of using the Amex lounge, however there was waiting even there. The concierge asked for the Phone# and said they will call back when space is available!
I honestly feel this entire "lounge access" benefit is a sham, I would rather grab something from the food court and find a seat around one of the less occupied gates till it's boarding time for me!
DuHasstMich is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 15:21   #7848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I tried paying through Fastag today. It went through without any issues. I used Fastag+OTP method. Either ICICI re-enabled it or the call center gave you wrong information and your tag has some issue.
Can you explain the steps please?
Is this in an HP or Indian oil pump?

I used to use HP Pay app for fuel payments in HP pump, but looks like it's not working anymore.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 16:24   #7849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizu View Post
I think for Infinia official requirement is 42L ITR -or- (10L credit limit on an existing HDFC card *AND* 8L of spends in last 6 months).

Instead of asking for Infinia, try to get higher credit limit on your existing card. Then you will be automatically be eligible for Infinia.

If none of that is working and you truly meet the requirements then try the following:

* email to imperia support email
* escalate to "PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com"
* escalate to greiveance redressal
* escalate to level 1/2 escalation
* escalate to nodal officer

Keep your RM in cc at all times, he/she will face the pressure and help you get this done.

Ofcourse only do this if you actually fit the criteria.
Sir thank you for your advice. I got my Infinia today upgraded from Regalia Gold following your advice.

I did not need to escalate beyond the redressal team. Just asked for my ITR and 3 months payslip and they shipped me a new card after my consent via email, even got a nice bump on credit limit

TbHp is a gold nugget for non car information too
mally2 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 19:08   #7850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mally2 View Post
Sir thank you for your advice. I got my Infinia today upgraded from Regalia Gold following your advice.

I did not need to escalate beyond the redressal team. Just asked for my ITR and 3 months payslip and they shipped me a new card after my consent via email, even got a nice bump on credit limit

TbHp is a gold nugget for non car information too
Thanks haha, so glad it helped you!
mizu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 21:45   #7851
BHPian

Hi All. I was looking to pick up a credit card in the next couple of months. My expenses are going to be primarily fuel, occasionally food (dining and ordering) and purchases on e commerce sites. I was wondering what credit card offers the best benefits cumulatively in this regard, and also has a good rewards catalogue where I can redeem points. Would appreciate your advice!
Old 28th July 2024, 11:23   #7852
BHPian

I had applied for HDFC add-on card by sending the form + relevant documents to HDFC Chennai address. Its been 2 weeks since the documents reached the other end, but I have not received any intimation.

Would anyone know what is the ETA for processing an add-on card?
How do I know if it is approved/rejected?
Is there a way to ask for my application status?
Old 28th July 2024, 11:32   #7853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
Hi All. I was looking to pick up a credit card in the next couple of months. My expenses are going to be primarily fuel, occasionally food (dining and ordering) and purchases on e commerce sites. I was wondering what credit card offers the best benefits cumulatively in this regard, and also has a good rewards catalogue where I can redeem points. Would appreciate your advice!
If you fuel regularly at BPCL bunks, then the BPCL SBI Octane credit card is the best one available presently in the market.

Joining Fee Rs 1499+GST ~Rs 1769
Welcome Gift 6000 Reward Points ~Rs 1500 Value
Annual Fee Rs 1499+GST ~Rs 1769
Renewal Benefit None
Annual Fee Waiver On spends of Rs 2 Lakh in a year

Check out this link.
https://cardmaven.in/bpcl-sbi-credit...octane-review/
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 17:42   #7854
BHPian

Just wanted to make sure that all the Citibank India Oil Credit card holders are aware of the fact that the GST charges on the fuel purchased would not be reversed and would have to be borne by the Credit card holder post AXIS BANK take over which was not the case with CITIBANK.

I had purchased fuel for 2000 and 23.6 was charged as Surcharge of which 20.01 was reversed and not the entire 23.6
Old 30th July 2024, 10:08   #7855
BHPian

Devaluation of Infinia continues, too many restrictions for a premium card.
Capping reward points is one thing, but capping redemptions is crazy (ex one apple product per quarter).

Quote:
1. Reward Points earned on Utility transactions will be capped at 2000 Reward Points per calendar month.

2. Reward Points earned on Telecom & Cable transactions will be capped at 2000 Reward Points per calendar month.
Category Merchant Category Codes (MCC) Utility 4900 Telecom & Cable 4812, 4814, 4899

3. Education payments made through third-party apps like (but not limited to) CRED, Cheq, MobiKwik, and others will NOT earn Reward Points. However, education payments made directly through college/school websites or their POS machines will earn Reward Points
Category Merchant Category Codes (MCC) Education 8211,8220,8241,8244,8249,824.

4. On the HDFC Bank SmartBuy portal, the redemption of Reward Points to get Apple products is capped to one product for every calendar quarter, effective October 1st, 2024. Calendar quarters: April to June, July to September, October to December, January to March.

5. On the HDFC Bank SmartBuy portal, the redemption of Reward Points for Tanishq vouchers will be capped at 50,000 Reward Points for every calendar quarter, starting October 1st, 2024. Calendar quarters: April to June, July to September, October to December, January to March.
Old 30th July 2024, 11:21   #7856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Devaluation of Infinia continues, too many restrictions for a premium card.
Capping reward points is one thing, but capping redemptions is crazy (ex one apple product per quarter).
I think the limits are not bad. 2000 reward points for utility payments is good enough for most families. Unless someone is doing that as a business.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 11:35   #7857
BHPian

2k points is 60k in spending per month. Seems like a very reasonable limit, probably intended against business use of the card. To begin with direct card use isn't even the optimal way to make utility payments.

Last edited by Noctis : 30th July 2024 at 11:36.
Noctis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 12:01   #7858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
I think the limits are not bad. 2000 reward points for utility payments is good enough for most families. Unless someone is doing that as a business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
2k points is 60k in spending per month. Seems like a very reasonable limit, probably intended against business use of the card. To begin with direct card use isn't even the optimal way to make utility payments.
As mentioned in my initial post, the capping is OK, they need to take care of cases of misuse etc. and more importantly keep their business in the black. This apparently was the reason for them to pull out of the financing partnership with Apple.

But, the capping on the redemption is becoming a pain and restrictive. For ex: Tanishq vouchers come with 6 month validity.

A few years back, I could encash which ever reward points I had, no planning needed.

A year or so back, they brought in a monthly cap of 50K rewards point per month [Max redemption towards a singe purchase then gets thresholded to 3Lakh reward points]

Now, 50K reward point per quarter [Max redemption towards a singe purchase then gets tresholded to 1.5Lakh reward points]
Old 30th July 2024, 12:46   #7859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
Would anyone know what is the ETA for processing an add-on card?
How do I know if it is approved/rejected?
Is there a way to ask for my application status?
It is usually 1 week. I too had applied for an add-on card and did not get it even after two weeks. I dropped an email to CC who replied that I missed pasting photo of add-on card applicant. I had to submit the for again.
Old 30th July 2024, 14:05   #7860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I dropped an email to CC
Please share this email id, let me try out.

I did attach the applicant pic though, wonder what else got missed out!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks