Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2024, 13:51   #7756
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I have a sizable transaction coming up on Apna Complex. I was told that Amex Gold passes rewards for utility payments but Amex said they have deny listed Apna Complex for compliance reasons. The only other fit card I see for this is SC Ultimate - it returns ~2%. Which other card would you recommend please ?
Old 5th July 2024, 20:42   #7757
BHPian

I have HDFC Millennia card. I don't use amazon pay. What if I upload money through my card to Amazon pay account. Can I pay the amount through Amazon pay UPI? Is it beneficial? How does it work? I seldom use Myntra/Amazon etc and prefer COD wherever it is available. Sometimes I purchase from Amazon for business via credit cards. Can anyone tell me how can I save money?
century is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 21:52   #7758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Thank you GTX+, dvl666, Shome, for the detailed inputs. Your replies are like better starting guide to new Infinia customers than HDFC official guide.

One last question, is there any card that gives movie tickets offers and supports UPI payments to retailers? Thanks in advance.
I am using the floater HDFC Neu for UPI payments and have a LTF Emeralde card for BOGO on BMS.
You can apply for Neu card from their app and you will get one with shared limit with Infinia as a floater in 5 days.
dvl666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 16:07   #7759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Check if your card is 'Regalia' or 'Regalia First'. These are two different variants.

Regalia First is a lower card with a lower value per point. The World of Credit Cards is far bigger than people can think of.
I think it used to be regalia first ages ago. Been regalia for nearly half a decade plus now.
Just upgraded to regalia gold. May try for infinia afer being through this thread. Just redeemed lot of RP via smartbuy jio vouchers. Got a newly launched phone via jio store.
Was getting around 8k cash redemption but chose to go this route and obtained a value of double that amount. Thats still 30 ish paise per point though.
Old 6th July 2024, 19:00   #7760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by century View Post
I have HDFC Millennia card. Can anyone tell me how can I save money?
You can use your card on select merchants including amazon for 5% CB on upto 20k spends per cycle. You can also use the card on smartbuy to buy amazon shopping and amazon pay gift cards for 6% CB on upto 20k spends per month.

Amazon shopping vouchers can be used exclusively for purchase of products on Amazon. Amazon pay is their wallet and apart from products it can be used for bill payments, subscriptions etc. through amazon or on any site/app that accepts amazon pay wallet.

But if you are going to use this primarily on amazon you may as well get the free Amazon pay cc and not deal with all these strict restrictions with Millenia.
Noctis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 20:05   #7761
BHPian

Probably a noob question but please bear with it.

I was applying for a SBI BPCL fuel card. First time applying for a credit card.
As part of the authentication process I was requested for access to my bank account. This access would be valid for a period of 5 years.

Is this par for the course? Isn't our privacy and personal details compromised by granting such access?
Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 11:39   #7762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
Probably a noob question but please bear with it.

I was applying for a SBI BPCL fuel card. First time applying for a credit card.
As part of the authentication process I was requested for access to my bank account. This access would be valid for a period of 5 years.

Is this par for the course? Isn't our privacy and personal details compromised by granting such access?
They are asking for standing instructions for direct debit of credit card due amount, from your bank account. This is par for the course & I think all credit cards require the same.
superbad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 12:19   #7763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
They are asking for standing instructions for direct debit of credit card due amount, from your bank account. This is par for the course & I think all credit cards require the same.
Not all, definitely not the ones I hold currently or held in the past. 🤔
JagMan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 17:53   #7764
BHPian

Quote:
It's not an industry standard. Auto debit facility is usually at the discretion of of the customer and once enabled can be withdrawn at any time.

But banks can have their own requirements.
Old 7th July 2024, 19:12   #7765
BHPian

Quote:

- You need to find ways to move your Cash / UPI transactions on Credit Cards. How about I tell you 7-8% Reward Rate on Fuel without using a Fuel Co-branded card? Amex Platinum Travel or Amex MRCC on HPCL fuel bunks.
Hi Tejas08,
How is a 7-8% reward rate on fuel spends possible? Last I checked, a majority of all cards excuse fuel spends from reward points all together. Am I missing something?
MS
mkaysaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 20:17   #7766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaysaw View Post
Hi Tejas08,
How is a 7-8% reward rate on fuel spends possible? Last I checked, a majority of all cards excuse fuel spends from reward points all together. Am I missing something?
MS
Amex platinum travel does not give points for fuel transactions, but it does count towards it's lucrative milestone rewards.

Spending 4l on Plat travel in a year will get you 40k MR points + 10k Taj voucher. Valuing MR points at .5 rs will get you a reward rate of 7.5%. If you can get better value for the points, for example via marriot bonvoy then the actual reward rate can be even higher. Using HPCL pumps also lets you avoid fuel surchage on transactions upto 5k.

Last edited by Noctis : 7th July 2024 at 20:19.
Noctis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 21:42   #7767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
There is another workaround, which was mentioned multiple times by our inhouse CC expert, Tejas08. You need to move to ICICI fastag. Once you do that,
1. You can buy Amazon Pay Gift Card and load
2. Transfer money to ICICI fastag
3. Fill in HP pumps and use HP pay. Select ICICI fastag as the payment option.
4. ICICI fastag also says we can pay at BP or IOC pumps but those guys are not clear on the process.

I am using this flow, with Infinia CC.
Just another thought.
Considering the recent charges on Fuel payments, I moved to HP pay wallet recharge. I guess we get regular points for this recharge (need to check on this).
HP pay wallet fuel payments have lesser transaction charge and 1.2% as reward points.
This is another option.
KeepReading is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 22:00   #7768
BHPian

Quote:
I do have credit cards from ICICI, HDFC, AXIS, IDFC anb SBI. I was never asked for Standing Instructions to be enabled for these cards.
Old 8th July 2024, 10:51   #7769

Quote:
- You need to find ways to move your Cash / UPI transactions on Credit Cards. How about I tell you 7-8% Reward Rate on Fuel without using a Fuel Co-branded card? Amex Platinum Travel or Amex MRCC on HPCL fuel bunks.
Hi Tejas,
Kudos to being disciplined with respect to managing the rewards points. Reading through your post makes it feel easy however I've had half hearted attempts at the same ending with encashing the points for cash. Can you please explain more on how one can get the reward rate mentioned by you on using Amex MRCC on HPCL pumps?

Last edited by AsphaltNomad : 8th July 2024 at 10:57. Reason: Minor typo correction
AsphaltNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 12:11   #7770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaysaw View Post
Hi Tejas08,
MS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltNomad View Post
Hi Tejas,
Kudos to being disciplined with respect to managing the rewards points. Reading through your post makes it feel easy however I've had half hearted attempts at the same ending with encashing the points for cash. Can you please explain more on how one can get the reward rate mentioned by you on using Amex MRCC on HPCL pumps?
@Noctis has answered this pretty much well in the below quoted post. Beyond this, its all about how creatively you can use your credit card points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
Amex platinum travel does not give points for fuel transactions, but it does count towards it's lucrative milestone rewards.

Spending 4l on Plat travel in a year will get you 40k MR points + 10k Taj voucher. Valuing MR points at .5 rs will get you a reward rate of 7.5%. If you can get better value for the points, for example via marriot bonvoy then the actual reward rate can be even higher. Using HPCL pumps also lets you avoid fuel surchage on transactions upto 5k.
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks