Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2024, 12:54   #7711
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post

Thank you very much.

1. In the first billing cycle, I wasn't charged any joining fees or yearly fees. Also, I got zero reward points. I was under impression that I will get charged with fees and I also get starting reward points, which can compensate. Am I wrong here? Did I get lifetime free card?

- You will be charged at the end of the year if you spend below the minimum threshold. Also, you will get an equivalent number of reward points which are valued at Re. 1 each. So essentially, Infinia is a lifetime free card. Note: IF you can haggle with your RM, your annual fee including GST charged on the fee can be reversed, but then you don't get any of those reward points as well.

2. What is the best way to pay LIC bills with this card? Should I use this card directly on LIC portal or buy gift cards on gyftr and pay on amazon?

- Go through Gyftr, better still, download the payzapp app. Look through all the vouchers that are available. You generally have a limit on the total spend on each brands voucher, for example - Rs20k/month on Amazon pay gift card, Swiggy Money, Zomato credits etc. each

I generally load up 20k at the beginning of the month, and spend as and pay via amazon pay everywhere.

Hack - Get those add on cards. I have 3 add ons for my family, and I get a 20k limit on each card with a diff name although the card number is the same. Not sure how this works in the back end, but I am able to buy 20k worth Amazon pay points on each of my ad ons.

3. Can any long term user of this card share their experience on how they are taking full advantage of this card?

- Mentioned above, bonus points are limited to 15k a month, and they replenish on calendar month, not your billing cycle. You can call HDFC cust care to keep a track of you bonus pts and plan accordingly.

4. I also got priority pass card along with it, can I use that for my family while I'm in airport?

- 1 priority pass allows you + 1 guest. Best is to get those add on cards, each comes with its own priority pass as well.

5. How is customer support for this card users?

- Top notch, super premium card = Super premium cust service, haven't had any issues till date

6. One of my colleagues told me that they get 30% off on swiggy dineout. But I donot see such option in my swiggy app.

- Deals keep changing, but I don't think it's ever been 30%. Your friend may have clubbed multiple offers along with the 15% standard discount on spends over 2k, but I've never seen 30%
Shome is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 13:38   #7712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post

These priority passes work during domestic flights and you are allowed to take one guest with you.
How do you do this? The domestic lounges don't ask for priority pass but just swipe the Infinia CC. So can the same card be swiped twice if you want to take your kid along with you? What was the process when you availed this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sach_511 View Post
I can confirm that the Priority Pass card does not work on domestic circuits;
Seems you and Old_Salt have different experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
[b] I have 3 add ons for my family, and I get a 20k limit on each card with a diff name although the card number is the same.
You mean to say, we just have to change the name and put add on members' name if we are buy second set 0f 20k worth of gift cards? I was under the impression that the limit is per card, which as you already clarified, is same in case of HDFC Bank cards.
Old 3rd July 2024, 13:50   #7713
BHPian

Quote:
These priority passes work during domestic flights and you are allowed to take one guest with you. We have used it recently at Delhi, Mumbai, Amritsar and Srinagar airports, and taken kids to the lounge
This is surprising. My old priority pass had expired and just 2 months ago I received the new one. In the cover/welcome letter it was clearly written that priority pass card has to be used outside India only.

I forgot to add in my earlier post, that the priority pass will work within India, but the lounge access is not complimentary. You will have to pay applicable charges in full.

Here is the link where this is clearly mentioned. Scroll down to the "Lounge Access" section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Both the statements contradict each other, and now I'm confused about the usage of Priority (not that I own one ). But for the benefit of all, can someone please clairfy?
I am quite sure that within India, complimentary lounge access is via HDFC credit card (I used it 3 days ago at Ahmedabad airport) and outside India it is via Priority pass.

P.S. Please note that I have HDFC Regalia Gold and what I have written above is for this card. I am not sure if the priority pass terms and conditions are different for Infinia card holders.

Last edited by GTX+ : 3rd July 2024 at 13:53.
GTX+ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 13:51   #7714
BHPian

Quote:
I can confirm that the Priority Pass card does not work on domestic circuits; it only works in lounges outside of India. Additionally, only one person is allowed per card, and you can bring your child as a guest, with charges varying from lounge to lounge (typically between $6 and $28).
This is only partially correct. PP works based on the card to which it is linked.

For example, Infinia linked PP works in both domestic and international lounges without any additional charge for both the cardholder and add-on cardholders. Guests are charged as per the prevailing rates.

Others, like Amex Plat or Magnus linked PP etc., WILL work in a domestic lounge but on a chargeable basis, whereas they give complimentary access at International lounges, even within India.
patron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 13:53   #7715
BHPian

Quote:
I can confirm that the Priority Pass card does not work on domestic circuits; it only works in lounges outside of India. Additionally, only one person is allowed per card, and you can bring your child as a guest, with charges varying from lounge to lounge (typically between $6 and $28).

Seems like some confusion. I have been using the priority pass on domestic lounges. To top it all, I am attaching screenshots of the lounges which are available on the priority pass app, DOMESTIC travel, and I have personally used all 4 in the space of last 2 months.

On our recent trip to Kashmir, we used the Paahun lounge, and one person was allowed as a guest.The Credit Card Thread-img_2055.jpeg

The Credit Card Thread-img_2054.jpeg

The Credit Card Thread-img_2053.jpeg

The Credit Card Thread-img_2052.jpeg

This is the list of DOMESTIC and Intl lounges for Infinia.

Hope this will put to rest all the confusion that priority pass doesn’t work at Domestic.

Just download the priority pass app, search for the airport and voila!

The Credit Card Thread-img_2056.jpeg
Old_Salt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 14:08   #7716
BHPian

Quote:
Seems like some confusion. I have been using the priority pass on domestic lounges. To top it all, I am attaching screenshots of the lounges which are available on the priority pass app, DOMESTIC travel, and I have personally used all 4 in the space of last 2 months.

This is the list of DOMESTIC and Intl lounges for Infinia.

Hope this will put to rest all the confusion that priority pass doesn’t work at Domestic.

Just download the priority pass app, search for the airport and voila!

Attachment 2623639
It seems that for Infinia, lounge access is complimentary on Priority pass within and outside India. I just checked it on the HDFC website.

But for Regalia Gold, it seems terms and conditions have changed. Priority pass usage within India is not complimentary and attracts full charge. For complimentary lounge access within India, one has to use his/her Regalia Gold card. I have already shared the link in my previous post.

Posting from the HDFC Website:

For Infinia

Enjoy unlimited complimentary lounge access at airports within and outside India at 1,000+ airport lounges using Priority Pass. Benefit also available for add on Priority Pass holders.

For Regalia Gold

12 complimentary access within India (both at domestic and international terminals) using the HDFC Bank Regalia Gold Credit Card. If you use your Priority Pass for lounge access within India, you will be charged at US $27 + GST per visit

Last edited by GTX+ : 3rd July 2024 at 14:12.
GTX+ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 14:10   #7717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
This is only partially correct. PP works based on the card to which it is linked.

For example, Infinia linked PP works in both domestic and international lounges without any additional charge for both the cardholder and add-on cardholders. Guests are charged as per the prevailing rates.

Others, like Amex Plat or Magnus linked PP etc., WILL work in a domestic lounge but on a chargeable basis, whereas they give complimentary access at International lounges, even within India.
I received my Infinia last week. The policy is -

1. For domestic swipe the Infinia card and use. One pax per card. Add on also has access.

2. For international use priority pass. Add on card holder also receives priority pass.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 14:19   #7718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post

I was thinking of going for one of those credit cards specifically for fuel. My monthly fuel expenses range between 9-12 K. Any good recommendations? I have HPCL and BPCL just under 1.2 KM from my place. 80% of my refuel happens from either of these.

Any consideration points while choosing the right fuel credit card?
I'm having BPCL SBI OCTANE card, and it's very useful for fuel purchases. However, there is a monthly fuel purchase limit of Rs.10000/- above which normal rewards points are credited. Below this limit, it offers reward points equivalent of Rs. 6.25 per 100 rupees spent on fuel, and the reward points can be redeemed as fuel at select BPCL outlets in your city which the credit card SA should be able to tell you.
microscopic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 16:41   #7719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
You mean to say, we just have to change the name and put add on members' name if we are buy second set 0f 20k worth of gift cards? I was under the impression that the limit is per card, which as you already clarified, is same in case of HDFC Bank cards.
You don't have to make any name changes, when you apply for an add on card, it comes with the name of the add on member. The card number remains the same. Only blocker is with online transactions, they will be dependent on the primary card holder for OTPs.
Old 3rd July 2024, 17:22   #7720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
How do you do this? The domestic lounges don't ask for priority pass but just swipe the Infinia CC. So can the same card be swiped twice if you want to take your kid along with you? What was the process when you availed this?
I have never swiped my credit card at domestic lounges. Have always presented the priority pass along with boarding card.
So last week when we availed this at Srinagar airport, I just produced two cards and the kids were allowed to come free.
Old_Salt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 17:48   #7721
Senior - BHPian

How are you folks paying CC bills for non-hdfc cards? I used to use HDFC billpay along with platinum debit card and have been getting 1% CB (upto 750INR) all this while. But now I notice its not allowing it anymore? I had to pay my icici bill. Till last month I have paid it using billpay w/o any hassle. But this month first I noticed it vanished from my billers, on adding it back it doesnt allow me anymore?
Old 3rd July 2024, 18:15   #7722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
How are you folks paying CC bills for non-hdfc cards? I used to use HDFC billpay along with platinum debit card
I just used the HDFC Billpay with Platinum Debit Card yesterday for my IDBI Bank CC. It didnt go through initially and took a couple of tries. Also did the same for ICICI and Axis Cards just before the month end.
Old 3rd July 2024, 18:24   #7723
BHPian

Quote:
How are you folks paying CC bills for non-hdfc cards? I used to use HDFC billpay along with platinum debit card and have been getting 1% CB (upto 750INR) all this while. But now I notice its not allowing it anymore? I had to pay my icici bill. Till last month I have paid it using billpay w/o any hassle. But this month first I noticed it vanished from my billers, on adding it back it doesnt allow me anymore?
This is because ICICI and few other banks are not BBPS compliant. They are getting it sorted now and so should get listed back shortly.
Old 3rd July 2024, 18:26   #7724

Quote:
Till last month I have paid it using billpay w/o any hassle. But this month first I noticed it vanished from my billers, on adding it back it doesnt allow me anymore?
This happens every now and then. Try after a few days on both mobile app and netbanking, it should work.
Old 3rd July 2024, 18:46   #7725
BHPian

Quote:
I generally load up 20k at the beginning of the month, and spend as and pay via amazon pay everywhere.
How do you do that? Amazon pay balance has two portions, wallet and gift cards. The 20k vouchers are loaded into the gift card portion, so they cannot be used at any offline store right?

Quote:
1 priority pass allows you + 1 guest. Best is to get those add on cards, each comes with its own priority pass as well.
Priority pass allows one guest free of charge? Does that mean 1 infinia card + 1 PP will allow 3 persons into the lounge?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks