Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2024, 17:55   #7666
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Recently I got ICICI Sapphiro through Alumni program. Its LTF. On Reddit some folks were complaining that, after issuing card they were charged. But luckily in my case I got it as LTF. I got dual card variant.

I did not need any new card. My mental limit of maximum cards is 5, which I already had. But one of my card, IDFC Wealth recently changed lounge access criteria. So I thought of replacing it and I personally felt LTF ICICI Sapphiro was good candidate.

Process was simple. No income doc was required, they only asked degree.
I cancelled IDFC after I received Sapphiro.
VaibhaoT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 18:11   #7667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
Recently I got ICICI Sapphiro through Alumni program.
That's an interesting marketing strategy. Is this common to other banks as well? Sadly neither of the colleges i studied in are listed
Old 24th June 2024, 18:25   #7668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
That's an interesting marketing strategy. Is this common to other banks as well? Sadly neither of the colleges i studied in are listed
HDFC had this for Diners Black from what I remember. I think it went away sometime in 2023.
deovrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 11:25   #7669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
HDFC had this for Diners Black from what I remember. I think it went away sometime in 2023.
HDFC is worse. They are not giving me even an LTF Regalia gold despite having an Imperia account, a running home loan, and demat account with them.
Old 25th June 2024, 11:28   #7670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
HDFC is worse. They are not giving me even an LTF Regalia gold despite having an Imperia account, a running home loan, and demat account with them.
What avenue have you tried? Do you have a good RM? If not, you can simply send a form to their Chennai team. They are pretty efficient in assessing if you qualify for the said card or not.
Old 25th June 2024, 11:29   #7671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
With HDFC, it depends on how well you can push their buttons. They have rules, but have more exceptions than examples to the rule. Most of those with an Infinia don't qualify for it, if you go strictly by HDFC's rule book on Infinia.

If you ask nicely, they won't give you anything.
Old 25th June 2024, 11:34   #7672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
What avenue have you tried? Do you have a good RM? If not, you can simply send a form to their Chennai team. They are pretty efficient in assessing if you qualify for the said card or not.
My HDFC RM is such, he doesn't pick my call, nor bothers to call me back if there is a missed call. My previous RM was better but he got promotion and I got assigned a new useless RM.
Old 25th June 2024, 11:41   #7673
BHPian

Quote:
HDFC branch level staff doesn't care about the existing relationship. They will get you whatever you want if they have targets to meet for insurance/MF/FD and you are willing to open a new one. But they won't bat an eye even if the existing portfolio is 10x that.

With some other banks I have seen much better responses from the email support, but HDFC has been useless in this regard too.

Unfortunately your best bet is to try to reach out to the Chennai team directly.
Old 25th June 2024, 14:02   #7674
BHPian

Quote:
That is strange.
I don't have any of the above but only savings account. I was offered it free without me asking. I had tried for Infinia but was offered Regalia Gold. Once I made the application, I got a mail during their processing that it will be LTF. This was some 6-8 months back. May be somethings got changed.
Old 25th June 2024, 14:52   #7675
BHPian

Bought a Daikin AC for Rs.34675 (Rs.36500 - Rs.1825) with my IDFC credit card using the 3 month EMI option. The instant cashback was Rs.1825. The processing fee as per the sales agent is Rs.299+GST. The EMI comes to Rs.11868.

This is the first time I have used the EMI option with my CC.

1. Are there any other hidden charges that I might not have been informed about?

2. If I transfer the full amount to my credit card account, will the bank still charge me processing fee and interest?
Old 25th June 2024, 16:03   #7676
BHPian

With Axis Magnus being terribly devalued. Which card would you guys recommend for booking flight tickets and hotels?
P.s. I already have an Infinia but their monthly cap of 15000points on Smartbuy 5x(Flight tickets booking) points is reached very soon every month.
Old 25th June 2024, 17:52   #7677
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any feedback for below virtual Rupay card from IDFC First ?

https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/credit...ay-credit-card

I already have IDFC Wealth Card. Basically looking for this card to connect with Paytm for UPI transactions. Thus getting some additional reward points in the ssme credit card account.

Else let me know if any other way for better UPI payments.
Old 25th June 2024, 17:58   #7678
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Else let me know if any other way for better UPI payments.
You can consider the ICICI Coral/Rubyx Rupay card, you'd get a physical card.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 22:59   #7679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
With Axis Magnus being terribly devalued. Which card would you guys recommend for booking flight tickets and hotels?
P.s. I already have an Infinia but their monthly cap of 15000points on Smartbuy 5x(Flight tickets booking) points is reached very soon every month.
As counter-intuitive as it sounds, Axis Atlas is one of the best cards when booking flights & hotels directly from the source.

If you would rather use an OTA to book, you'd be better off with a card that provides spend milestone, such as Amex Platinum Travel.
deovrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 16:22   #7680

More than half of my spends are on RuPay UPI. After closing TATA Neu card (didn't find the coins very enticing), I'm currently using Kiwi aka Kwik Axis bank card. The reward rate is flat 1% on most spends with the exception on a few categories. Best part is, I could redeem the kiwis for equivalent INR. The conversion goes like 4 kiwis = 1 INR. The redeeming works like charm and instant. It gets credited directly to my bank account.

My only complaint is with the app itself. It throws random errors while paying which is quite annoying. A reinstall fixes most issues but hope kiwi team fixes them all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks