Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2024, 17:03   #7606
BHPian

Re: Axis bank's AirTel credit card

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
When the application says "Enter the name as in the PAN", they mean it. This time around, I did exactly what the application asked and it went through right away.

I look forward to AI coming into some of these use cases.
This is a case of not following instructions. How can AI help you here?
Old 1st June 2024, 17:27   #7607
BHPian

Re: Axis bank's AirTel credit card

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskinash View Post
This is a case of not following instructions. How can AI help you here?
The bank knew why it rejected and could have prompted me to reapply with the corrections. Similar incident with ICICI, my application was rejected but a human called me a week later and redid it the manual way. AI's role is quite obvious - enhancing customer experience & optimising costs.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 19:54   #7608
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
I need help with incorrect rental surcharge on a non-rental transaction.

We have recently booked a flat and I used my Infinia card to pay the booking amount. the POS device of the builder through which I made the payment was apparently registered as a rental/maintenance company. The sales executive didn’t tell me this during the payment. Now after 2 months, the bank has applied a 1% rental surcharge and a 18% GST on top of this for a total of Rs.3540.

I have submitted the payment receipt to the bank as a proof that it was not a rental transaction but they are not agreeing to remove this. The builder most probably won’t help here.

How do I approach this and get back my money?
Almost all the builders are registered as real estate / maintenance companies and have associated MCC code assigned to them (Merchant category code). CC payment made on rental MCC will attract rental charges. Almost all the banks levy the charge now a days

Sales people usually do not have knowledge about this financial intricacy and are not dependable in such matters

To be honest there is nothing that can be done here. This is one of the major cons right now as banks have lot of MCC exclusion / chargeable categories
SourPai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 21:41   #7609
BHPian

I have been using an Axis Bank Neo credit card since the past one year. It was issued to me completely free of cost. For the first 6 to 8 months, I got amazing discounts on Zomato. However, they have stopped since a while. I’m not willing to invest in a paid credit card. Can you guys recommend any free card which has amazing discounts on Zomato? My average annual spends are around 5 to 6,00,000 INR.
Old 2nd June 2024, 02:09   #7610

I have a HDFC Regalia Gold card. Looking to move the point to airmiles to Japan airlines. However JAP is not a partner option to redeem. Is there any other way we can do this?
Old 2nd June 2024, 12:31   #7611
BHPian

Yesterday I received a call & email invite for the Citibank Prestige infinite card. Came with all regular facilities like zero annual fees, no minimum annual spend, airport lounge access etc. what caught my eye is the zero convenience fee at Indianoil & HP bunks, reward points - 5 reward points on every spend of INR 100 & 1 RP = 1 INR which is good compared to my existing Regalia Gold. Wanted to know if it is worth going for it compared to the existing card I have.

I really don’t care about free airport lounge access etc. Reward points & 100 days interest free payment facility (that’s what the document they shared says) is what is drawing my attention.

Last edited by Torque123 : 2nd June 2024 at 12:37.
Torque123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 15:02   #7612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Yesterday I received a call & email invite for the Citibank Prestige infinite card. Came with all regular facilities like zero annual fees, no minimum annual spend, airport lounge access etc. what caught my eye is the zero convenience fee at Indianoil & HP bunks, reward points - 5 reward points on every spend of INR 100 & 1 RP = 1 INR which is good compared to my existing Regalia Gold. Wanted to know if it is worth going for it compared to the existing card I have.
So it seems Axis wants to continue using the CITI brand. I did not expect CITIbank to permit that, but here we are.

On this card, I can't see the fuel related offer. is this 5% reward point on spend across categories or only fuel. https://www.online.citibank.co.in/cr...prestige/apply
Old 3rd June 2024, 18:29   #7613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_VR View Post
I have a HDFC Regalia Gold card. Looking to move the point to airmiles to Japan airlines. However JAP is not a partner option to redeem. Is there any other way we can do this?
Regalia Gold -> Accor -> Japan Airlines - Effectively 4:1 Conversion. Evaluate well before transferring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
So it seems Axis wants to continue using the CITI brand. I did not expect CITIbank to permit that, but here we are.

On this card, I can't see the fuel related offer. is this 5% reward point on spend across categories or only fuel. https://www.online.citibank.co.in/cr...prestige/apply
Axis Bank is known to do a lot of Blunders. So dont bet on it being a thought out decision by Axis Bank
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 19:01   #7614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Axis Bank is known to do a lot of Blunders. So dont bet on it being a thought out decision by Axis Bank
OT:
I was more pointing towards Citi letting Axis run the show without a name change.
Axis does not have a good reputation so anyways they do not have much to lose. Citi on other hand had a great reputation in India and is still a global brand. Letting Axis use their name for soliciting new business seems weird.
Old 3rd June 2024, 19:19   #7615
BHPian

Quote:
OT:
I was more pointing towards Citi letting Axis run the show without a name change.
Axis does not have a good reputation so anyways they do not have much to lose. Citi on other hand had a great reputation in India and is still a global brand. Letting Axis use their name for soliciting new business seems weird.
As much as I know, Axis anyways had a 24 Months period for using Citi Brand as is. The new Axis Cards against most Citi Cards too have been announced by Axis Bank. Only the Citi Prestige replacement is to be announced. Citi Account holders too have started receiving Axis Bank cheque books. So the process is already underway.

It should get completed before the end of the Year and Citi brand would no longer exist after that.

Last edited by tejas08 : 3rd June 2024 at 19:23.
tejas08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 19:28   #7616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
The new Axis Cards against most Citi Cards too have been announced by Axis Bank. Only the Citi Prestige replacement is to be announced.
Thanks. Any idea what what Axis card will I get?
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-citicc.jpeg  

Old 3rd June 2024, 22:30   #7617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Seems a new card from Axis bank called Olympus will replace Citi Prestige, but we are yet to see any official details.
Noctis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 21:39   #7618
BHPian

Quote:
5% reward points is across all spends. Have a call back scheduled for later this week to get a lot of questions clarified.
Old 8th June 2024, 11:00   #7619
Senior - BHPian

With my salary levels, HDFC suggests Regalia or Millenium. I am looking to put my amazon pay card on the backburner as i just don't seem to get the most out of it.

Fuel/Rent is not a priority. Shopping for stuff is.

Hope these cards are good.
Old 14th June 2024, 22:42   #7620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I got an email that Axis Bank is giving me Axis Bank REWARDS Credit Card LTF as my new card in place of Citibusiness Visa card.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks