BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Mandatory - No

Recommended - Yes

Key criteria for Infinia
- 2.75 Lacs Net Salary for Direct Application
- 8+ Lacs of Credit Limit & 7.5 Lacs of Spends in past 6 months on Existing HDFC Card for upgrade to Infinia
My office is having an event where they have invited 5-6 banks to tie up for the Salary account. All of them have their own set of credit cards as well. Need your expert advice on whether I need to shift or not.

1. HDFC -- This is currently my salary account. I have regalia with a free upgrade to Regalia Gold. couple of weeks back I was about to upgrade to Infinia even with a fee structure when this event came to the office. They also mentioned that I cannot get a free Infinia card which is fine by me.

2. Axis -- They are offering a combination of a Burgundy Debit card and a Magnus Credit card as per my eligibility (Free).

3. ICICI -- Free Sapphiro credit card.

4. Kotak -- Free white reserve credit card.

5. SBI -- They are offering a combination of a Rhodium Debit card and a Aurum Credit card as per my eligibility (first year free, from second year its 6L spend to waive charges).

I have been using HDFC as my salary account for more than 15 years and honestly want a change so I was thinking about which is the best option among the above. I would be Ok with continuing with HDFC itself if Infinia works out for me.
Old 6th February 2024, 18:09   #7367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
My office is having an event where they have invited 5-6 banks to tie up for the Salary account. All of them have their own set of credit cards as well. Need your expert advice on whether I need to shift or not.

1. HDFC -- This is currently my salary account. I have regalia with a free upgrade to Regalia Gold. couple of weeks back I was about to upgrade to Infinia even with a fee structure when this event came to the office. They also mentioned that I cannot get a free Infinia card which is fine by me.

2. Axis -- They are offering a combination of a Burgundy Debit card and a Magnus Credit card as per my eligibility (Free).

3. ICICI -- Free Sapphiro credit card.

4. Kotak -- Free white reserve credit card.

5. SBI -- They are offering a combination of a Rhodium Debit card and a Aurum Credit card as per my eligibility (first year free, from second year its 6L spend to waive charges).

I have been using HDFC as my salary account for more than 15 years and honestly want a change so I was thinking about which is the best option among the above. I would be Ok with continuing with HDFC itself if Infinia works out for me.
HDFC or Axis - Only these two have Credit Cards worth the hassle.

The issue with Axis is that they have a great credit card (Burgundy Magnus) but their IT Systems suck big time. Too many issues with their IT systems and Proper points crediting.

HDFC on the other hand is sorted but doesnt give good credit cards too easily. Infinia is a good offering but Magnus Burgundy beats it on overall reward rate basis.
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 18:26   #7368
BHPian

Quote:
HDFC or Axis - Only these two have Credit Cards worth the hassle.

The issue with Axis is that they have a great credit card (Burgundy Magnus) but their IT Systems suck big time. Too many issues with their IT systems and Proper points crediting.

HDFC on the other hand is sorted but doesnt give good credit cards too easily. Infinia is a good offering but Magnus Burgundy beats it on overall reward rate basis.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I should have told this upfront. There are now 2 credit cards in that level for Axis Bank. Magnus Credit and Magnus Burgundy Credit card.

I have been offered the Magnus Credit card and not the ultimate Magnus Burgundy. I have not reached that level it seems
Old 6th February 2024, 18:40   #7369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

I should have told this upfront. There are now 2 credit cards in that level for Axis Bank. Magnus Credit and Magnus Burgundy Credit card.

I have been offered the Magnus Credit card and not the ultimate Magnus Burgundy. I have not reached that level it seems
Surprising that they are offering Burgundy Debit card but not a Burgundy Magnus. Is Axis giving a customized Burgundy Banking level to the employees? As per regular criteria, Burgundy Banking & corresponding Burgundy Debit card is at 3 Lacs net monthly salary and this also makes one eligible for Burgundy Magnus (But after 2 months)
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 22:45   #7370
BHPian

Quote:
Surprising that they are offering Burgundy Debit card but not a Burgundy Magnus. Is Axis giving a customized Burgundy Banking level to the employees? As per regular criteria, Burgundy Banking & corresponding Burgundy Debit card is at 3 Lacs net monthly salary and this also makes one eligible for Burgundy Magnus (But after 2 months)
I think Axis doles out Burgundy account status pretty freely, this comes with the debit card as well. Tougher to get the Magnus.
I have been holding a Burgundy account for 15+ years, they refuse to upgrade my card
Old 7th February 2024, 12:40   #7371
BHPian

Experts - a silly question on HDFC rewards points for international card usage.
I have been using Regalia + Global Value program for several years now, but did not check if we also get the regular rewards points or not.

Basically I know we get 1% (max 1000 per cycle) back via the Global Value Program.
But do we also get the 1.3% rewards points that HDFC Regalia gets for normal spends. i.e. 4 points per Rs 150 spend? Does this apply for international transactions as well.

I have done this several times, but did not check the rewards points accrual.

I am currently jumping through hoops to avoid the 2% FCY charges + 18% GST on international spends. If 1% GVP + 1.3% regular rewards is true, I can just use HDFC card for most of my international spends without a worry.
Old 7th February 2024, 13:39   #7372
BHPian

Quote:
It all depends on what kind of deal they had offered at the time of opening salary accounts.

We have a choice of banks and Axis offers both burgundy status and burgundy magnus for a criteria that is different from that offered to the public.
Old 7th February 2024, 14:49   #7373
BHPian

I'm planning to opt for the AMEX MRCC and looks like the referral program is on full swing now.

Would appreciate if anyone, if okay, could refer me. Win-win for both of us. And would you guys suggest the AMEX Gold Card over the MRCC?
Jagann13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 15:22   #7374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
I'm planning to opt for the AMEX MRCC and looks like the referral program is on full swing now.

Would appreciate if anyone, if okay, could refer me. Win-win for both of us. And would you guys suggest the AMEX Gold Card over the MRCC?
I would suggest to take the Platinum Travel Card instead of MRCC. Platinum Travel too is available as First Year Free via the referral program and has a very simple usage requirement. Rs. 4 Lacs spends in a year and about 7-8% reward rate in terms of Travel Redemptions.

MRCC on the other hand has a lot of hassles of doing 4 x Rs. 1500+ Transactions every month compulsorily to earn a good reward rate.
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 11:11   #7375
BHPian

I currently have a HDFC Regalia credit card and have been offered to upgrade to Regalia GOLD. Is there any benefits of upgrading cause I don't see any in the documentation:
The Credit Card Thread-reg_gold.jpeg

Also, can I get a add-on card for my wife who doesn't have a HDFC bank account. When I checked with my RM, he said HDFC bank account in my wife's name is a must.
Old 8th February 2024, 11:49   #7376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
I currently have a HDFC Regalia credit card and have been offered to upgrade to Regalia GOLD. Is there any benefits of upgrading cause I don't see any in the documentation
The single biggest difference is Lounge Access with Gold having more lounges.

Lounge access with Regalia
vs
Lounge access with Regalia GOLD
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 11:54   #7377
BHPian

I keep getting a pop up to upgrade my Infinia to Infinia metal. While I get that its first year free, there is no other upgrade on any other criteria.

Is there any reason to get the upgrade, other than it being a metal card?
Old 8th February 2024, 11:57   #7378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
I have been using Regalia + Global Value program for several years now, but did not check if we also get the regular rewards points or not.

Basically I know we get 1% (max 1000 per cycle) back via the Global Value Program.
Yes, you would get rps. But post 1L spends, you would be at a net loss(~1.18%). If your spends cross that threshold, consider upgrading to DCB/Infinia, or consider other cards such as the IDFC Wow or the RBL World Safari.
HighOnSpeed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 12:40   #7379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOnSpeed View Post
Yes, you would get rps. But post 1L spends, you would be at a net loss(~1.18%). If your spends cross that threshold, consider upgrading to DCB/Infinia, or consider other cards such as the IDFC Wow or the RBL World Safari.
Thanks. Checked my old statements and I did get the GVP 1% back as well the regular reward points. Also, got reward points for the FCY charge.

I got the Niyo SBM card recently for using once the spend crosses 1L per cycle.
Old 8th February 2024, 13:11   #7380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
I currently have a HDFC Regalia credit card and have been offered to upgrade to Regalia GOLD. Is there any benefits of upgrading cause I don't see any in the documentation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
The single biggest difference is Lounge Access with Gold having more lounges.

Lounge access with Regalia
vs
Lounge access with Regalia GOLD
Follow up question:
I called my RM and he said I was eligible for Diners Club Black Metal.
I am worried about the acceptance of DC because this is the only credit card I use. So, should I go for the DC Black Metal upgrade or upgrade to Regalia Gold?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks