Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2023, 23:16   #6946
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Had a query regarding flight tickets i booked via Infinia Smartbuy. I booked a round-trip ticket via Akasa Air recently via Smartbuy EaseMyTrip. This flight got cancelled, i had received a call from the airline. How do I follow up on the refund, should I contact HDFC Smartbuy or should it be Easemytrip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aastiksaluja View Post
Akasa will refund the money to EaseMyTrip, and they will send it to your account. You need to check with EaseMyTrip
First, get an email from Akasa stating that the flight is canceled. EaseMyTrip will ask for it to process the refund. Then you need to keep following up. I had a harrowing time and more than a month to get my refund. EMT kept insisting that Akasa had not refunded the amount while Akasa claimed that they had refunded the amount to the travel agent. Finally, it took some nasty tweets tagging EMT and its CEO for the refund to be processed.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 09:48   #6947
BHPian

Sharing a rather peculiar incident with HDFC Bank after I applied for a Business Moneyback card online. After getting my online video call KYC done, I received an email from HDFC Bank stating that I am not 'eligible for a second credit card'. Well the only issue is that - I have neither been issued a HDFC Bank credit card, nor have I applied for one in the recent past.

Have written to HDFC bank and am now waiting to hear back. Really weird.
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 11:53   #6948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Sharing a rather peculiar incident with HDFC Bank after I applied for a Business Moneyback card online. After getting my online video call KYC done, I received an email from HDFC Bank stating that I am not 'eligible for a second credit card'. Well the only issue is that - I have neither been issued a HDFC Bank credit card, nor have I applied for one in the recent past.

Have written to HDFC bank and am now waiting to hear back. Really weird.
Better to check your Credit report ( CIBIL/Experian/Equifax/ CRIF) just to sure that HDFC card is reflecting in your report( by mistake or otherwise)
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 12:49   #6949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Better to check your Credit report ( CIBIL/Experian/Equifax/ CRIF) just to sure that HDFC card is reflecting in your report( by mistake or otherwise)
I checked my CIBIL report and found a HDFC Credit Card account still open. This was a corporate credit card which was issued by my employer at the time of joining. I left the organization in 2012 and returned the card to my employer. Surprisingly, this card is still reflecting in my CIBIL report. I have raised a dispute regarding this. Hoping to find a resolution soon.
kushagra452 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 18:53   #6950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This was a corporate credit card which was issued by my employer at the time of joining.
These corporate credit cards are a real pain in the wrong place. I had one open for 20 years from my first job(!), and never noticed it. Managed to have it removed through a CIBIL dispute.
Old 26th August 2023, 19:52   #6951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked my CIBIL report and found a HDFC Credit Card account still open. This was a corporate credit card which was issued by my employer at the time of joining. I left the organization in 2012 and returned the card to my employer. Surprisingly, this card is still reflecting in my CIBIL report. I have raised a dispute regarding this. Hoping to find a resolution soon.
Please send an email to the bank and your former employer as well. Not sure if raising a dispute with CIBIL will help because if as per the bank's records, the card is still active, they might simply reject the dispute.

I am in the middle of an ugly CIBIL related dispute with Canara Bank as I found in the CIBIL report that they had wrongly reported me as a defaulter on a loan back in 2020 (Days past due : 5 days in September 2020 & 36 days in October 2020). The loan account statement and linked SB AC statement are faultless and there are no defaults. The Experian credit report stated the same loan's Status as "Suit Filed"( which means that bank had filed a case against me for being a defaulter). I raised a dispute on the CIBIL website asking the days past due be be changed to 0 for both months.

Canara Bank did not even take 12 hours to reply to that dispute and reported back to CIBIL that the credit report filed by them was correct ( meaning the Days past due data must not be changed and that as per them, I am a loan defaulter).The dispute was rejected.

Furious, I contacted the bank branch seeking an explanation. They confirmed thar as per their records, my repayment record was clean and that I had not defaulted on the loan in September & October 2020. It was a mistake on the bank's part. I escalated the complaint to the Bank's Regional Office & Circle Office level. For the past three weeks, Canara Bank has been saying the report will be corrected in 'one or two days'. I have complained on that bank's complaint resolution portal- they shamelessly deleted the complaint.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 26th August 2023 at 19:57.
skanchan95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 08:07   #6952
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I am in the middle of an ugly CIBIL related dispute with Canara Bank
OT
I had never bothered checking on my credit score, with the reasoning being that I have no plans of taking on loans and as and when a need arose, I could always look up these scores.
Looking at your experience, I now think it makes sense to review and if needed, straighten the records. Rather than waiting for a time of need and then having to scramble against bureaucracy to correct the records.
Could you please clarify if it is possible to get a consolidated report or one needs to approach each of these bureaus for a credit report?
Old 27th August 2023, 08:21   #6953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
OT
I had never bothered checking on my credit score, with the reasoning being that I have no plans of taking on loans and as and when a need arose, I could always look up these scores.
Looking at your experience, I now think it makes sense to review and if needed, straighten the records. Rather than waiting for a time of need and then having to scramble against bureaucracy to correct the records.
Could you please clarify if it is possible to get a consolidated report or one needs to approach each of these bureaus for a credit report?
You can get a report directly from CIBIL, Experian or others for free, you will need to create an account for the same.
Alternately you can get the credit reports through the financial services platform like paisabazaar and others.
speedmiester is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 10:46   #6954
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You can get a free credit score check and a summary report from most bureaus just by signing up.

If you want to delve deeper, CIBIL's annual subscription is cheaper than an Amazon Prime subscription, and you get options to view detailed credit history, active credit accounts, set notifications for activity and other stuff.

Given how important our credit scores can be to our financial well-being, it's a relatively small amount worth spending.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 10:57   #6955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
You can get a free credit score check and a summary report from most bureaus just by signing up.

If you want to delve deeper, CIBIL's annual subscription is cheaper than an Amazon Prime subscription, and you get options to view detailed credit history, active credit accounts, set notifications for activity and other stuff.

Given how important our credit scores can be to our financial well-being, it's a relatively small amount worth spending.
Going off topic but, If you have a Wealth account with ICICI bank, it's free to check your CIBIL from their app
dheer4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 12:34   #6956
BHPian

Quote:
I have complained on that bank's complaint resolution portal- they shamelessly deleted the complaint.
Did you try the PGPortal? Try raising a complaint with the details and see if this helps, many people have been benefited by this.

Link to thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...me-you-do.html (Heard of pgportal.gov.in? About time you do)
firstdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 20:37   #6957

I have Regalia credit card which I rarely use due to my Axis Ace card. Recently I was checking my mail and there was an offer on the card from VISA for a free Times Prime membership. It gives me among other offers six months Sony Liv and Disney Hotstar membership. The mail was in the promotion tab. I tried it and it was activated smoothly with a payment of Rs 1. The offer is valid till 31st August. Other members can also check there mail. Apparently this offer is available to VISA platinum card members.
Old 28th August 2023, 11:04   #6958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT

You can generate a free CIBIL report from the websites of anyone of these bureaus(CIBIL, Experian, Equifax or CRIF High Mark). Credit reports from CIBIL is considered the benchmark by banks. Your credit score may slightly vary from bureau to bureau. For e.g my Credit score as per CIBIL is 783, while as per Experian it is 793
The Credit Card Thread-screenshot_20230828104631.jpg

Generally, CRIF tends to show the lowest credit score for any individual among all four bureaus.

The Credit report generated through by entering you mobile no, PAN & OTP, will contain your full financial details - the bank name, loan/credit card account number, the account start/closure date, monthly repayment records, defaults if any etc.

You can also ask your bank to generate your CIBIL report for you, but it will look slightly different. That bank generated report will only contain "full" details of loans/credit cards of that bank only(if any). Your loans/credit cards with other bank will only be shown with bank name & account number not mentioned(Account No & Bank Name will be shown as "NOT DISCLOSED" so that the report generating bank does not have full access to your borrowing/credit card details). For e.g this was a page from the CIBIL report Canara Bank generated for me. As you can see, It shows full details of Canara Bank loan while the "NOT DISCLOSED" one is my SBI credit card record on the report.(I have blanked out some details on purpose).

This report also shows the wrongly reported loan defaults Canara Bank has accused me of and reported to CIBIL( 5 days in 09/2020 & 36 days in 10/2020). By checking this report, I came to know of Canara Bank's credit data reporting blunder on my CIBIL report.
The Credit Card Thread-canaracc-copy.jpg

As long as you have 000 or XXX or STD in your monthly repayment(Loan EMI/Credit Card bill) record, you are fine and are paying your dues to the bank regularly. As soon as the bank puts a number on it or puts some other code on it, it means you had defaulted for that many days in that month(either by your own doing or by bank's mistake - which is my dispute with Canara Bank).

It is very important to monitor your credit report because such mistakes by banks are very common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Did you try the PGPortal? Try raising a complaint with the details and see if this helps, many people have been benefited by this.

I already have. But it turns out, the complaint got assigned to an AGM, to whom I had already escalated this complaint and who also happens to be the bank's "Officer under the Banking Ombudsman"(the final authority in the bank as far as complaints are concerned before a complaint can be escalated to the RBI's Banking Ombudsman - after 30 days of the initial complaint, if unresolved by then). I had also tried speaking to him on the number mentioned, but as usual with most PSU banks, calls to these numbers are never answered. I do not have much hope from him either.
The Credit Card Thread-cpgrams.jpg

Last edited by skanchan95 : 28th August 2023 at 11:19.
skanchan95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 11:54   #6959
BHPian

Is it safe to send KYC documents digitally to a person who called for Credit Card? I received a call for HDFC Card and I intend to apply for the same. Also, she was offering LTF which I can't find online on their site.

Shall I approach the branch or take a leap of faith and send the documents?
Old 29th August 2023, 12:05   #6960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Is it safe to send KYC documents digitally to a person who called for Credit Card? I received a call for HDFC Card and I intend to apply for the same. Also, she was offering LTF which I can't find online on their site.

Shall I approach the branch or take a leap of faith and send the documents?
You probably received a call from one of those free lance agents and not from the bank directly, eventhough she might have claimed to be from the bank. The bank will not take any responsibility if your KYC documents get misused.

At at time when Aadhar based KYC verification is OTP based where you do not have to reveal your Aadhar number to anyone while applying for credit cards, sending your Aadhar or PAN details to someone is very risky. There no telling how it can be misused. It is better if you apply directly on the bank's website.

In nearly all Credit Cards I got in the last one or two years, I never had to send my Aadhar no physically or digitally to anyone. I had to input my Aadhar and PAN no while applying online, but that too was OTP based.

Lastly, HDFC has a notorious reputation for rejecting credit card applications, even if you have a 790+ CIBIL score!!
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks