Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2023, 14:38   #6871
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Is there any other way of redemption which can give > 0.5 ratio?
Tanishq gift vouchers 1:1 redemption, the GV can be used for 70% of purchase amount.
Old 9th August 2023, 15:52   #6872
BHPian

Experts: I have approx. 60,000 rewards points in my HDFC Regalia Credit Card Account. I am planning to upgrade to DCB/Infinia. What should be the best strategy to use these 60,000 reward points? Vistara Airmiles conversion (2:1), Transfer to new card (dont know the conversion ratio), convert to cash (5:1) or anything else? Thanks.
Old 9th August 2023, 21:21   #6873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Experts: I have approx. 60,000 rewards points in my HDFC Regalia Credit Card Account. I am planning to upgrade to DCB/Infinia. What should be the best strategy to use these 60,000 reward points? Vistara Airmiles conversion (2:1), Transfer to new card (dont know the conversion ratio), convert to cash (5:1) or anything else? Thanks.
In case you manage to upgrade your card to Infinia or DCB, the value of points will be maintained, just halved as transfer ratio is mostly 1:1 for those cards. But you will have many more optiions for transfer incl Accor.
Definitely do not convert to cash, its better to transfer to Vistara CV points at 2:1. I had redeemed approx 60k points to Vistara recently when they had a bonus offer.
Old 9th August 2023, 21:52   #6874
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Air Tickets and Hotels via SmartBuy offer the best redemption value for your points. You can pay 70% of the price with the points and the rest on the same credit card. Its worth it, especially when you plan vacations.
Old 9th August 2023, 23:03   #6875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
To all the people thinking of swiping Priority Pass in Domestic Lounges, please consider this: Priority Pass issued with HDFC Infinia, Citi Prestige, Axis Reserve, Axis Magnus are eligible to be swiped in Domestic Lounges.

All other Priority Pass will be charged 27$ if you swipe them at the Domestic or even India based International Lounges. These are meant to be used only in foreign countries' lounges.
Same goes for Dreamfolks.
Mine is Axis Select. My card was charged but amount reversed, so net payment is zero.
Old 10th August 2023, 08:12   #6876

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
All my cards are visa/Amex (AmazonPay/MRCC/infinia & HSBC cashback).

Now, wondering why the issuers are reluctant to issue a card? Any hints?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
I have faced a very similar situation recently. My profile also is very similar to yours (salaried, long history of IT returns filing, no missed payments, good CIBIL score, etc.).

You'll have better luck going to banks where Rupay cards is a key offering and where you currently don't hold any existing relationships. This is my sense.
I guess you both should apply for AXIS bank Indian Oil Rupay credit card. With this kind of credit history, it will guaranteed approved. Moreover, LTF promotion is going on, so no harm in trying.
navigator_ravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 10:20   #6877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
I have faced a very similar situation recently. My profile also is very similar to yours (salaried, long history of IT returns filing, no missed payments, good CIBIL score, etc.).

To the best of my knowledge, HDFC Bank has a known policy of not issuing multiple credit cards to one person.

So on one Saturday, I decided to fill out the application for their Kotak IndianOil Rupay credit card. I have been an Optima account holder with Kotak and hold their League credit card for several years now. When I went to the branch, they told me that I'm eligible for a LTF White Card upgrade but not for the Rupay card and asked me to take that as it's their premium offering with lounge access, rewards, etc. I told him that I specifically need the Rupay card from them at this juncture and proceeded to fill out the application.

Within 3 days; I got the rejection. On probing further; they told me I already hold several cards so this one has been rejected. Curiously though, when I checked with the credit bureaus; there was no inquiry against my account. They rejected my application based on internal data alone. Strange.

I have a hunch that they don't want to give Rupay cards to the more premium customers with longer credit histories so that they can direct the spend towards alternative cards to earn a higher MDR and hence greater margins.

You'll have better luck going to banks where Rupay cards is a key offering and where you currently don't hold any existing relationships. This is my sense.
I have a HDFC Regalia, I also recently got a HDFC Tata Nue Rupay card last month. There was a note in the Nue app about existing customers can apply too. So you can try that out if you are specific on a Rupay card.
arsudarsan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 13:55   #6878
BHPian

Update: Infinia is now accepted at Bangalore 080 lounge! Some people have asked in this thread earlier and used PP instead!
heysac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 14:02   #6879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
Update: Infinia is now accepted at Bangalore 080 lounge! Some people have asked in this thread earlier and used PP instead!
AFAIK, Infinia itself cannot be swiped, but its Priority Pass needs to be used.
Is there any change in this understanding?
Old 10th August 2023, 14:04   #6880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
AFAIK, Infinia itself cannot be swiped, but its Priority Pass needs to be used.
Is there any change in this understanding?
Yes, I used it 2 weeks ago without PP! That is why I posted.
heysac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 14:07   #6881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
I have a HDFC Regalia, I also recently got a HDFC Tata Nue Rupay card last month. There was a note in the Nue app about existing customers can apply too. So you can try that out if you are specific on a Rupay card.
I think it is a glitch on the HDFC side. I also hold a Regalia and when I applied for the Tata Neu Rupay card from their website, the application was denied suggesting me to request for a credit increase instead. Then applied using the Tata Neu app and got the card.

Even using the app, the application got stuck initially for over a month. Finally got a message that the application has expired and I just tried my luck one more time and got the card approved in a few days.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 14:34   #6882
BHPian

Any recommendations for the RuPay Card? Want to try it with GPay and other apps
Old 10th August 2023, 14:58   #6883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
The Hdfc Neu one. Works seamlessly with Gpay & Paytm atleast.
deep_blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 15:26   #6884
BHPian

How is HDFC Solitaire Credit Card? Or any other suggestions welcome

I am not a big spender on Credit Card. Typical spends are around 50k average per quarter. Most spends are on Hotels, Restaurants and other miscellaneous stuffs. I don't have a defined/recurring spending pattern. I m not very keen on Lounge access. I don't do a lot of online shopping/online groceries.

Having been a Citi Rewards customer since a decade, the major benefit I have used it to Redeem Cashback from Points.

Thanks in Advance
Old 10th August 2023, 16:33   #6885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
You can also opt for the virtual HDFC Bank RuPay card.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks