Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2023, 13:19   #6781

Re: The Credit Card Thread

With the Burgundy account, this still comes out to a 4.8% reward ratio which is higher than Infinia's 3.3%. Enjoy till the party lasts :-)
Old 25th July 2023, 14:45   #6782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
I dont mean to be rude in anyway but your knowledge on the subject seems limited and is quite off here.
We need Tajas's expert opinion on how to proceed with the Magnus here.
Old 26th July 2023, 01:00   #6783
BHPian

Hello. Need help with regards to the best apps for paying Credit Card Bills. Cred was paying good rewards/cashback earlier which has now dwindled. Suggestions welcome.
Old 26th July 2023, 09:13   #6784

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Hello. Need help with regards to the best apps for paying Credit Card Bills. Cred was paying good rewards/cashback earlier which has now dwindled. Suggestions welcome.
If you have HDFC account get a Platinum Debit card (comes free with Saving Max account) and gives 1% cashback till Rs 750.
Best Combo : Mobikwik + Platinum DC ( 1% plus mobikwik discount in range of Rs. 100.) But you have give access to SMS for getting mobikwik discount and max payment in one go is Rs. 20K.
Other Combo : HDFC Bill Pay + Platinum DC(1% cashback). Cannot be used to pay HDFC CC bills. (Preferred)

IndusInd also has some DC which gives cashback according to amount paid. Not sure on this.

OT: BTW may i know which credit cards you hold, as me being a mariner too, getting a credit card is a hassle.
navigator_ravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 10:51   #6785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator_ravi View Post
OT: BTW may i know which credit cards you hold, as me being a mariner too, getting a credit card is a hassle.
Hello to a fellow mariner.
I have ICICI Amazon Pay, HDFC Money-back Plus (against FD) and Axis Privilege CC. I will have a look at the methods mentioned by you. Thanks.
Old 26th July 2023, 11:18   #6786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Is anyone using the SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card? How many days does it normally take for approval? I had applied around 10-12 days back and have had 3 verification calls till now. The customer care isn't of any help. My credit score is Excellent (as per Experian).
I have an SBI BPCL credit card that was issued to me 5 years ago. As far as I remember, it look around 2 weeks since the date of application for the card for the card to get approved.

Recently, I was offered a SBI SimplyClick credit card with a separate Credit limit (not linked to the credit limit of my BPCL credit card). Like you, I also got 3-4 verification calls. I got a decent limit on it and this new card and it is on it's way to me. On the application for this Simplyclick card, the card network type was mentioned Visa, but I see that it is a Mastercard on the SBI Card app.

But this Simplyclick card approval almost a month and a half. May be it's due to the large number of applications they handle daily now or some other reason, I do not know. The odd part was that the application reference number for this card I had received on SMS never worked while trying to track the card application status on website. It mentioned that the application number was wrong. I had given up on the card approval when suddenly I received an SMS yesterday that the card as been approved and dispatched. I can see the card details on the app as well.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 26th July 2023 at 11:22.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 16:17   #6787
BANNED

Hello lovely people,

Has anyone has any experience of buying a car by making complete payment via Credit card? I am looking to buy the upcoming Mercedes GLC which is expected to cost around 70-75 lakhs on the road. I know the booking amount can be made via CC, but what about the complete payment? I do have a supporting card with enough credit limit to complete the transaction.

I am yet to reach out to the nearest dealership to ask them about this, but if anyone has done a similar thing in the past, then it will be helpful to know the experience, or any tips.

Thanks.

Last edited by aseem23 : 26th July 2023 at 16:43.
Old 26th July 2023, 16:28   #6788
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem23 View Post
Has anyone has any experience of buying a car by making complete payment via Credit card?
A few people on this thread have made vehicle purchases on the credit card, although I doubt the amount has exceeded 10, or maybe 15 lakhs.

a) The dealership will charge a card fee, typically 2%. That's almost 1.25 lakhs.
b) If you're doing this for points, do check with the card issuer on the points disbursal for such a transaction:
- if there's a per transaction limit
- limit on points / day / month, or whatever
Old 26th July 2023, 16:46   #6789
BHPian

Quote:
Hello lovely people,

Has anyone has any experience of buying a car by making complete payment via Credit card? I am looking to buy the upcoming Mercedes GLC which is expected to cost around 70-75 lakhs on the road. I know the booking amount can be made via CC, but what about the complete payment? I do have a supporting card with enough credit limit to support the complete transaction.

I am yet to reach out to the nearest dealership to ask them about this, but if anyone has done a similar thing in the past, then it will be helpful to know the experience, or any tips.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
A few people on this thread have made vehicle purchases on the credit card, although I doubt the amount has exceeded 10, or maybe 15 lakhs.

a) The dealership will charge a card fee, typically 2%. That's almost 1.25 lakhs.
b) If you're doing this for points, do check with the card issuer on the points disbursal for such a transaction:
- if there's a per transaction limit
- limit on points / day / month, or whatever
Technically possible and I am sure people would have done that for partial payments, if not full.

But, dealership will have to pay the transaction on the card swipe amount which eventually will go from your pocket. So better to pay via bank transfer and get some additional discount for this amount as part of negotiation.

Though, I can understand if you are doing this to convert your CC outstanding into a zero-charge EMI and for any other additional benefits. Just check your benefits amount as libranof1987 has suggested.
Old 26th July 2023, 19:38   #6790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone has any experience of buying a car by making complete payment via Credit card?

The two dealerships I had bought my cars from said they charge a card fee of 2-3% on card payments and preferred cheque or bank transfer instead.
Old 27th July 2023, 13:26   #6791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator_ravi View Post
Other Combo : HDFC Bill Pay + Platinum DC(1% cashback). Cannot be used to pay HDFC CC bills. (Preferred)
Hi, could you please share the link and process to use HDFC Bill Pay? Can I use any bank DC to pay any back CC bill using this? Thanks!
Old 27th July 2023, 13:53   #6792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
Can I use any bank DC to pay any back CC bill using this?
Logically speaking - yes, if the option is available.

When you are using your DC for a transaction, the amount is instantly debited from the underlying account linked to the DC. So instead of using netbanking you are using the DC as a channel for the same end purpose.
Old 27th July 2023, 14:33   #6793
BANNED

is anybody using ICICI emeralde credit card. The card offers unlimited access to Lounges (national/International)+ unlimited spa service at airports.

I have specific questions on fuel surcharge waiver on this card. Is it a good card for fueling?
Old 27th July 2023, 16:12   #6794
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, could you please share the link and process to use HDFC Bill Pay? Can I use any bank DC to pay any back CC bill using this? Thanks!
Using HDFC Bank bill pay, you can pay CC billers available in it (Most card issuers are available as drop down) using HDFC Bank debit card.

You need to go to netbanking select bill pay and in the new window, first register your Credit card as biller. It will take few days for verification by HDFC Bank. Then you can use it to make payment. You cannot do auto pay for credit cards. While doing payment, select your HDFC debit card and enter it's details, submit OTP and bill is paid.

Please note it may take 3 days to settle by HDFC Bank and may take around same days to reflect in your credit card. This is excluding holidays. Though the date of payment in credit card will reflect the original date you paid, to avoid hassles at least pay before a week.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 17:35   #6795

Quote:
Basically No. If using HDFC bill pay, one can pay any bank CC bill using HDFC DC and netbanking only. For more info, refer :

https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pa...utions/billpay

For paying any bank CC bill using any bank DC, you can use apps like Paytm, Mobikwik, Cred with nil charges(Mobikwik gives decent cashbacks using different coupons with access to SMS). One can even pay CC bills using other Rupay CC but don't wanna go into that uncharted territory.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks