Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2023, 16:16   #6706

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Faced an issue with SBI cards recently where a Pune aiport parking swipe was tagged under the 'rental payment' MCC code and I was charged a fee of 199+GST against 'rental payment'.

Anyone else faced such an issue and what resolution options are available in such cases ? I can't be expected to go and question the parking service provider that the wrong MCC code is being used !
I had faced a similar issue with Axis bank card. The problem is not with the credit card issuing bank. The merchant and the POS issuing bank are the main culprits. During the setting up of the POS machine, the rental payment MCC code was issued by the merchant bank as per the details given by the merchant and hence credit cards are charged as per the MCC provided.
Only solution can be to inform the merchant of the same and request to change the MCC code assigned or get a new POS machine with correct MCC if one uses the service regularly.
Old 10th July 2023, 19:27   #6707
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Party over for Axis Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gismosin View Post
If rumors are to be believed,
News articles mentioning it's true. Yes, major changes.
Old 10th July 2023, 22:50   #6708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Create a Paypal account and link your SB/credit card to it. That's it.
Did this but sadly it didn't work because NYT does not have a Paypal payment option for subscribers from India, only credit card. Thanks anyway: it was worth trying. Surprising that NYT still hasn't worked out some payment option for India subscribers that honors the RBI restrictions.
IcarusMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 07:43   #6709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusMan View Post
Surprising that NYT still hasn't worked out some payment option for India subscribers that honors the RBI restrictions.
Agree, primarily their loss though due to their intransigence or arrogance. We also gave up our news + games subscription for the same reason.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 10:46   #6710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
News articles mentioning it's true. Yes, major changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gismosin View Post
If rumors are to be believed, the party is very much over for Axis Magnus card holders. A major devaluation is underway starting on 12th August...
Worst fears coming true.

Regardless, if the devaluation happens, customers will just stop using the card. I have been exclusively using the Magnus card for the last 5 months. At the very least they shouldn't apply the devaluation conditions retrospectively which will be downright cheating. At least let people convert the points in the same ratio that was prevailing at the time the money was spent in the card because people are using the card keeping the rewards in mind.

Instead of changing the ratio, they can increase the spend requirement to 1.5L or 2L in my view which will make people spend more (and not stop using the card).

P.S: I just spent 5000 Vistara points (~6200 EDGE points) on a Delhi-CCU flight ticket prices for which is currently at INR 12K. So essentially, I could buy 6 such tickets ~ INR 72K for a spend of INR 100K. That indeed is quite crazy.

Last edited by Pancham : 11th July 2023 at 11:10. Reason: Trimmed quote and fixed a couple typos. Thanks.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 23:44   #6711
BHPian

Anyone here got any information about Regalia Gold card? I am not able to understand if this is better than the existing Regalia/Business Regalia. Annual fees seems to be same, but I don't see the milestone reward points, instead it gives flight vouchers for milestone spends. Also spending requirement for annual fee waiver seems higher than regalia.
Old 12th July 2023, 08:05   #6712
BHPian

Is there a better way to pay the BESCOM electricity bill than using 'ICICI Amazon Pay' CC on 'ICICI Bank' bill pay?

It's frustrating in the recent past, as the 'pay' button has been turned into 'modify' button, and wouldn't know what they want to us to modify. Just a simple click and pay within ICICI has been ruined.

Any alternatives for this? Please advise.
Old 12th July 2023, 08:47   #6713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is there a better way to pay the BESCOM electricity bill than using 'ICICI Amazon Pay' CC on 'ICICI Bank' bill pay?

It's frustrating in the recent past, as the 'pay' button has been turned into 'modify' button, and wouldn't know what they want to us to modify. Just a simple click and pay within ICICI has been ruined.

I use gpay along with Axis Ace card which gives me 5% cashback. Worked fine so far
alexgv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 09:56   #6714
BHPian

Anyone using SBI octane credit card, wanted to know the benefits of the same. My monthly fuel expenditure is approximately Rs. 8000 was thinking to apply for this card.

Please suggest any other credit card also which will be best for my kind off usage.
Old 12th July 2023, 11:58   #6715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

As far as I know, there is a limit of 10K at Amazon Pay. More than 10K use UPI in amazon pay.
Old 12th July 2023, 20:48   #6716
BHPian

Looks like Axis is on a devaluation spree..

The Credit Card Thread-axisflipkart.jpg
Old 13th July 2023, 11:15   #6717

Surprisingly, Axis devalued 5 cards but no news on Magnus yet.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...-10948081.html
Old 13th July 2023, 12:34   #6718
BHPian

Is anyone using FIRST Power+ Credit Card? I want to have a HPCL co-branded CC and this one looks okay. Any feedback about this card is welcome.
Old 13th July 2023, 15:33   #6719
BHPian

If anyone is looking for a credit card for a senior citizen in the family, this may help ...

I applied for a secured credit card for my mom from IDFC First Bank (they have secured CC products for Senior Citizens, something that many other banks don't seem to give).

Incredibly smooth process, fully online process, and card got delivered in less than 48 hrs. I was blown away!

By "secured CC", I mean secured-by/linked-to an FD. So if you keep a 25K FD (in auto-renew mode mandatorily), the bank offers a CC with a credit limit upto the FD principal. Bank pays interest on the FD as usual. Just that if you close the FD, the CC also gets cancelled. You use the CC like a normal CC, paying your CC bills in time etc.
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 16:55   #6720
Senior - BHPian

@vharihar
Another way is to simply get the Senior parent a card as an addon to your own. And set the limits of expenditure on different channels on the addon. This way the Senior has access to your ‘limits’ in case of emergency or similar.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed