Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2023, 10:52   #6601
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Since initial complaint process is not very easy, just goes round and round even after logging into netbanking , I have directly emailed to this ID with transaction details and failure. Received reply that, it will be investigated, with long wait times(~30-45 days).
not sure, if inital process is made deliberately inconvinient to avoid people from complaining. I waited for 5 business days(as per error it shows auto refund in 5 working day), after which I made complaint.
I am not sure what the issue was, but complaining directly to the Nodal officer directly does not work, as he/she studies what was done by the lower level on that complaint.
Once you raise a basic complaint, follow up, if they dont revert properly, inform them you'll be escalating it with the Nodal Officer, they mostly resolve it, if not approach the Nodal Officer with all the paper trail, this can make things go smooth & avoid wait times.
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 11:02   #6602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
I am not sure what the issue was, but complaining directly to the Nodal officer directly does not work, as he/she studies what was done by the lower level on that complaint.
Once you raise a basic complaint, follow up, if they dont revert properly, inform them you'll be escalating it with the Nodal Officer, they mostly resolve it, if not approach the Nodal Officer with all the paper trail, this can make things go smooth & avoid wait times.
Ok, thanks. I will try again to raise complaint with lower level.
Old 16th June 2023, 11:31   #6603
BHPian

Quote:
Since initial complaint process is not very easy, just goes round and round even after logging into netbanking , I have directly emailed to this ID with transaction details and failure. Received reply that, it will be investigated, with long wait times(~30-45 days).
not sure, if inital process is made deliberately inconvinient to avoid people from complaining. I waited for 5 business days(as per error it shows auto refund in 5 working day), after which I made complaint.
montsa007 is right. When you go to nodal officer you actually have to give reference of the complaint you gave at the lower level else you will be redirected to the first level. There is a wait time (30 days with no response I guess) before you can escalate your complaint to nodal officer.

A nodal officer usually wont ignore a complaint since the next level is RBI Ombudsman and he can rule things in favor of the customer and add fine for causing inconvenience for the customer. I however doubt the timelines provided. I have contacted nodal officers of 2 banks - one public and one private; both times my issue was resolved in the same day. I believe there is a RBI mandate to publish information of nodal officers on bank website including office address and phone number. On both occasions I called them up, explained the issue followed by a formal email. With in hours I received calls from the concerned department and a resolution follows the same day.

Last edited by d.w.w. : 16th June 2023 at 11:33.
Old 16th June 2023, 11:41   #6604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.w.w. View Post
I however doubt the timelines provided. I have contacted nodal officers of 2 banks - one public and one private; both times my issue was resolved in the same day.
thanks for your response. I made formal complaint via support page, but haven't received and request ID either at the end or via email/sms. but the message emntioned, complaint submitted successfully.

Agree with you, on timelines in general, but surprisingly, this was not same with Axis Service request.
Had much smooth and fast experience with HDFC, SBI and Standard Charted.
Here is a screenshot of estimated time for resolution, I'm okay with it since it is not large amount.
Attached Images

Old 16th June 2023, 11:42   #6605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.w.w. View Post
A nodal officer usually wont ignore a complaint
Oh he won't,
Spouse had a Paytm Bank's Bank Account where surname was prior to marriage, Paytm customer care could not change the surname, provided them with
-Voting Card (Old surname)
-Marriage certificate
-Aadhar Card (New Name)
-SBI Pass Book (New Name)
They were asking for Voting card with new name, and did not recognize the Marriage Certificate/Aadhar Card alltogether.

Smashed them by taunting "Seems Paytm is much bigger than SBI, since SBI has very few and lame checkpoints, they are able to change the surname", had followed up for a month, but no avail.

Dropped a letter to their Nodal Officer, matter was resolved within a week.
---
Another incident was where an SBI Branch Manager refused to transfer the PPF Account from his branch (A small town in South Maharashtra) to Mumbai branch due to various reasons, for 6 months (Yep 6 months). Our representative would visit often only to get disappointed. Wrote a letter to their Nodal Officer & bam, the manager was at our representative's feet begging for his job & account was transferred.
---
Yet another incident was where we had 3 policies of LIC which were matured, an agent posing as someone from LIC called, we sent him the policy & he was sleeping on the papers. Some day he was driving, some day he was sick, some day he said its in process, some day he would say that he will submit it for processing, he basically wanted me to buy some policy from him. I was fed up & informed him, you take rest now I'll handle it. Wrote a mail to his branch (Small city, just 2 branches so addressed it to both & kept a CC to their Regional Officer), got a mail at 10.55 in the night (Yep, from LIC at 11 pm , imagine the level of fear in their minds), stating documents will be processed.

Don't take my word for it, here's the mail.

The Credit Card Thread-13.png.

Quote:
Here is a screenshot of estimated time for resolution
Seems Topgear should make another series, they have found a candidate for "Captain Slow"

Last edited by montsa007 : 16th June 2023 at 11:51.
montsa007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 15:18   #6606
Senior - BHPian

Take note that most credit cards are nowadays putting a cap on maximum points burn in each calendar month, for travel and hotels.
Old 17th June 2023, 15:54   #6607
BHPian

Quote:
Here is a screenshot of estimated time for resolution, I'm okay with it since it is not large amount.
The time-line is of 4 months?

Seems like they have to investigate in great detail.
Old 18th June 2023, 12:11   #6608
BHPian

Hi,

My father has received a message from his HDFC relationship manager that all rewards points accrued on his credit card will have a validity of 2 years (i.e. points accrued in April 2023 will expire by April 2025). As far as I remember, there was never an expiration date for reward points but not sure if things have changed. Any HDFC credit card user here who has received a similar message?
Old 18th June 2023, 13:20   #6609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi,

My father has received a message from his HDFC relationship manager that all rewards points accrued on his credit card will have a validity of 2 years (i.e. points accrued in April 2023 will expire by April 2025). As far as I remember, there was never an expiration date for reward points but not sure if things have changed.

They introduced expiry dates for reward points around 2017 / 18 IIRC. The statement highlights the points due for expiry in the next 30/60 days in a separate table.
Fx14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 15:03   #6610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi,

My father has received a message from his HDFC relationship manager that all rewards points accrued on his credit card will have a validity of 2 years (i.e. points accrued in April 2023 will expire by April 2025). As far as I remember, there was never an expiration date for reward points but not sure if things have changed. Any HDFC credit card user here who has received a similar message?
Cards upto Regalia has 2 year expiry whereas DCB and Infinia have 3 years validity for reward points.

Cards upto Regalia have redemption fee also whereas it is not there for DCB and Infinia.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 08:47   #6611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Strange incident recently. Signed up for the new SBI-Paytm RuPay card but got a Visa card instead! Trying to cancel the same and move to RuPay.

No where on any online form was it mentioned what the network will be.
Quoting myself, SBI could not swap the network from Visa to RuPay. Cancelled the card on my own.

Any advice on which RuPay credit card to go for? Intent is to have a lowish credit limit so as to link to UPI + take advantage of the usually great RuPay e-commerce offers as and when they pop up.
Old 19th June 2023, 13:11   #6612
BHPian

Quote:

Any advice on which RuPay credit card to go for? Intent is to have a lowish credit limit so as to link to UPI + take advantage of the usually great RuPay e-commerce offers as and when they pop up.
I got my Tata Neu Rupay credit card through the Tata Neu app which I use for my UPI payments. Maybe you can check if they are still issuing Tata Neu credit cards through RuPay.
denzdm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 14:55   #6613
BHPian

Quote:
Quoting myself, SBI could not swap the network from Visa to RuPay. Cancelled the card on my own.

There are quite a few Rupay credit cards which have tied up with Fuel brands (to further the Government's agenda to increase Rupay penetration). Considering mainstream cards don't really give RPs to Fuel spends; you can go for one of these. Besides, we can prioritize cards that reward offline grocery spends - IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card and IDFC First Power RuPay Select Credit Card are a couple of good examples. Of these, the IDFC First one might be better as it's a Select card (thereby qualifying for more benefits).
Iconoclast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 15:10   #6614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any advice on which RuPay credit card to go for?
Check this website, they have all the cards currently available on the platform across various banks. Choose the one which suits your requirement best.

https://www.rupay.co.in/our-cards/ru...dit-card-range
dass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 19:30   #6615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
which RuPay credit card to go for?
I have the tata neu card applied through the app. If you are using IOCL for filling up, then the axis iocl co branded card is available on the rupay network.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks