Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2022, 22:48   #5641
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

HDFC Regalia reward points have been deducted twice on smartbuy portal(since i selected pay by points option again as webpage was stuck first time) but flight tickets were not confirmed and webpage went blank again. Any pointers how to get back the lost points(points deducted but not redeemed)?

No amount has been deducted from credit card.

Last edited by abhipuri : 11th August 2022 at 22:51. Reason: Correcting typos
Old 11th August 2022, 23:06   #5642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuri View Post
HDFC Regalia reward points have been deducted twice on smartbuy portal(since i selected pay by points option again as webpage was stuck first time) but flight tickets were not confirmed and webpage went blank again. Any pointers how to get back the lost points(points deducted but not redeemed)?

No amount has been deducted from credit card.
The points get deducted at the time of creating the voucher even before you make the payment. Unused vouchers are credited back within a timeframe of 90 days.

Would still suggest raising a complaint with HDFC customer care and confirming the same directly with them.
Old 12th August 2022, 09:13   #5643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I have an Ultimate card and Std Chartered has applied late payment charges(sizable number) with the head "A4 interest charges + GST".

My primary started off the month with a credit balance, so I paid the difference alone. Most of the transactions happened on the supplementary. SC says only incoming payments are transferred automatically to the supplementary to offset, while credit in primary is not automated and this allowed an overdue to happen in the supplementary. Apparently it is the customer's responsibility to call and ask for this to be moved to the supplementary. Obviously I stood firm and asked for it to be waived. They've asked 2 days to work on it.
After much effort, SC has reversed the A4 interest charge but not the GST. In fact they've charged INR 90.56 more. I am happy to an extent and am yet to discuss the GST part, assumed it would have gone the interest way. Let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-screenshot-20220812-09.07.46.png  

Old 12th August 2022, 15:21   #5644
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I had a Landmark Rewards lifetime free card from Standard Chartered.
They sent another card (without my request) in 2019 called Digismart.
This card was having a fee of INR 50 for a month, if the usage is less than 5000 INR for that month.
I thought that I will easily cross it and kept this card.

However, both Amazon and Flipkart introduced discounts on Amazon ICICI card and Flipkart Axis card during this time and my other card usage fell rapidly.

As my usage fell for SC card, I was randomly charged per month usage fee. Now, my Landmark card was expiring this month and I was fed up with this monthly deduction on the digismart card, so I called SC and requested for cancelation of both the cards.

They easily converted the digismart card to a lifetime free card and I wondered why I didn't call them earlier.

If anyone is using this unwanted, never requested digismart card and paying the non usage fee randomly, please call SC and get it converted to lifetime free card. Even better, do not accept this unwanted card when delivered.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 19:47   #5645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
If anyone is using this unwanted, never requested digismart card and paying the non usage fee randomly, please call SC and get it converted to lifetime free card. Even better, do not accept this unwanted card when delivered.
I had the same issue. They have not converted it to LTF, but waive off the charges. How do you refuse to accept the card? How do you even know what's in the courier?

I'm also stuck with this Digismart card which seems to the the worst in their lineup.
Old 12th August 2022, 23:41   #5646
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I had the same issue. They have not converted it to LTF, but waive off the charges. How do you refuse to accept the card? How do you even know what's in the courier?

I'm also stuck with this Digismart card which seems to the the worst in their lineup.
I accepted the delivery thinking it is a replacement card for my Landmark card. I should have refused to accept the courier.
Ask them to cancel the card, if they cannot convert to lifetime free card.
Old 17th August 2022, 12:56   #5647
BHPian

I have a emi account(manhattan plc) associated with my primary Standard Chartered Card account. My last installment was due on 12th August. I normally pay 2 to 3 days before due date but this time around i was a bit pre-occupied and ended up paying the balance amount on the last date i.e 12th morning. Today morning i logged into netbanking and to my shock the payment is yet to be updated. Instead they have charged me 700 rs extra late fees. I immediately called up customer care and asked them to update the payment & waive off late fees. They have apparantly agreed for waiver. It will take two days time for it to reflected in my account. Now, my point of concern is will this have any adverse effect in my CIBIL Score? I don't find any fault of mine since i have paid the installment within due date.
Old 17th August 2022, 13:02   #5648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
I don't find any fault of mine since i have paid the installment within due date.
They go by when the money hits their accounts and not when it left yours. I used Amazon Pay to pay my CC bills, but, they took 2-3 days to credit, not worth the INR 10 something they give you as cash back. Shifted to ICICI bank. Their turn around time is 15 mins, problem solved.

Edit: Paid a CC bill just now via ICICI bank. Here is the screengrab.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-whatsapp-image-20220817-1.29.47-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by vinu_h : 17th August 2022 at 13:31.
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 13:16   #5649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
I normally pay 2 to 3 days before due date but this time around i was a bit pre-occupied and ended up paying the balance amount on the last date i.e 12th morning.
Quote:
They go by when the money hits their accounts and not when it left yours.
I agree. I had suffered earlier of the same with one of the banks and I wasn't lucky to get waiver of late charges.

I have tried different payment methods with my current HDFC card. Their own banc account to CC account is the fastest. NEFT from another bank also credits and reflects on the same day. Payment through Amazon pay or others which use billdesk like intermediaries takes 2 to 3 days.

When you miss payments, we get levied late fee and interest charge. So to atleast avoid one fee, I pay minimum amount due the same day I get statement, through Amazon pay, a one click solution. Rest I pay on due date using NEFT.
shipnil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 16:17   #5650
BHPian

Quote:
They go by when the money hits their accounts and not when it left yours. I used Amazon Pay to pay my CC bills, but, they took 2-3 days to credit, not worth the INR 10 something they give you as cash back. Shifted to ICICI bank. Their turn around time is 15 mins, problem solved.
SBI cards are credited instantly via sbi card app. HDFC i pay via cred which is also credited instantly. Have to think of a way of paying SC Credit cards which is credited in a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
When you miss payments, we get levied late fee and interest charge. So to atleast avoid one fee, I pay minimum amount due the same day I get statement, through Amazon pay, a one click solution. Rest I pay on due date using NEFT.
Ok. Will try this method.
Old 17th August 2022, 16:50   #5651
BANNED

Quote:
I agree. I had suffered earlier of the same with one of the banks and I wasn't lucky to get waiver of late charges.

I have tried different payment methods with my current HDFC card.
Try using Paytm. I've experienced instant settlement with both SBI & HDFC CC.
Old 18th August 2022, 09:47   #5652
BHPian

Quote:
I have tried different payment methods with my current HDFC card. Their own banc account to CC account is the fastest.
If you are anyway using their own bank account, why not register for their auto-debit option?

This option shifts the onus of payment onto them. Also the debit happens on the due date itself and in rare cases a day after the due date (without charges levied since the delay was on their part).
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 13:03   #5653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
If you are anyway using their own bank account, why not register for their auto-debit option?
That is not the account where I maintain my savings, that's why. Only for seeing the settlement time, I used it. I have my savings in another bank hence NEFT is better option for me.
Old 18th August 2022, 17:19   #5654
BHPian

I am completely new to the world of credit cards / any kinds of loans.

Till about a year back, my CIBIL was -1. I bought a couple of good mobile phones on EMI from Bajaj Finance and repaid those small loans in the stipulated period - just to create a CIBIL score. Now my CIBIL score is good.

Seeing it, the Kotak guys (it is one of the banks where I have a savings + demat account) insisted me that I get a credit card which has a limit of Re 11,000/-. I have not used it and 6 months have passed. In the meantime, I bought an air conditioner on EMI and am repaying its EMI in time. I bought the mobiles and AC on finance - solely to create and maintain a good score and not because I needed finance.

However just for the sake of knowing how to use the credit card, I used this credit card and did some e-commerce purchasing. Now I want to know the following: -

1. How do I repay the amount I used on the card? It is merely Re 500~ around.

2. How can I surrender this credit card without any damages to my pocket and my CIBIL?

3. I'm told that surrendering a credit card disturbs ones' CIBIL and also introduces certain penal charges to the card holder. - Is this correct?
Old 18th August 2022, 18:08   #5655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
However just for the sake of knowing how to use the credit card, I used this credit card and did some e-commerce purchasing. Now I want to know the following: -

1. How do I repay the amount I used on the card? It is merely Re 500~ around.

2. How can I surrender this credit card without any damages to my pocket and my CIBIL?

3. I'm told that surrendering a credit card disturbs ones' CIBIL and also introduces certain penal charges to the card holder. - Is this correct?

1) The bank will have the portal for this. If the Card and Bank account are with same bank, online payment will be a smooth affair. You can also pay the bill via UPI using Amazon Pay or PayTM or Cred, or even using net-banking if the bank account is with different bank.

2) No damage will be done if all payments are cleared and there is no amount due/overdue. Simply call the customer care and tell them to close the CC account. Or you can go to branch and submit a written application for the same. You will only have to cut the card into pieces once the application is taken.

3) Nothing of this sort unless your bank had some condition/terms for closure charges when you signed up for the card. I have surrendered multiple cards earlier for different reasons. Those were the days when CCs were handed over like free water Nothing happened to my Cibil (you can see the history at any point).

However, holding a CC is a good thing. It gives you access to some credit in case of emergency, you don't have to worry about carrying money and it allows you to build your CIBIL slowly, when used properly.

Last edited by sunilch : 18th August 2022 at 18:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks