Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2022, 10:11   #5521
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
I am always billed with 1% surcharge on any fuel station apart from HPCL which is exempt. Guess you are mistaken about 3% surcharge.
Yes, it's 1% for BPCL and IOCL.
2.5% for non PSU fuel stations
Old 4th July 2022, 10:54   #5522
BHPian

Seems Amazon has been removed from the SmartBuy Portal.
Old 4th July 2022, 13:58   #5523
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Smartbuy was not processing purchases on Amazon whole of last 7 to 10 days in June as well. I tried multiple times to buy a laptop but the payment for the order was not processed.
Old 5th July 2022, 09:40   #5524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Seems Amazon has been removed from the SmartBuy Portal.
Now the only way to get additional points for amazon purchases is via gift coupon purchases (capped at 5k + ~rs150 processing charges).
I'm thinking of switching to amazon ICICI card for amazon purchases from now on.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 09:52   #5525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
I'm thinking of switching to amazon ICICI card for amazon purchases from now on.
I second that. For long, I did not use credit cards but only recently I went for HDFC CC, after reading here only about the year round offers on Amazon if you purchase through smart buy. I am not a heavy spender on restaurants, hotels or flights so those don't matter much.

HDFC CC does not make much sense if you are big online shopper, especially on Amazon
shipnil is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 10:26   #5526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I second that. For long, I did not use credit cards but only recently I went for HDFC CC, after reading here only about the year round offers on Amazon if you purchase through smart buy. I am not a heavy spender on restaurants, hotels or flights so those don't matter much.

HDFC CC does not make much sense if you are big online shopper, especially on Amazon
I stopped using Smartbuy Amazon GV for any purchase from Amazon, since they reduced 10x/5x reward points to 3x reward points for my card. I stopped using Smartbuy Amazon GV for bill payments from Amazon, since they added processing charges. So, any purchase/payment from Amazon is through my ICICI AP CC only. But I still use my HDFC DB CC for all non-Amazon purchases/payments, since it still gives me 1.67% CB compared to 1% in ICICI AP CC.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:53   #5527
BHPian

Lot of Flak for HDFC Credit Cards & Smartbuy since Amazon has gone. Strange that people consider Smartbuy = Amazon

There are tons of other options for using reward multipliers on HDFC Smartbuy. Just that, earlier it was a one-stop shop @ Amazon, now people will have to take a look at Instant vouchers section for multiple stores / brands instead of one-stop shop.

Electronics - Croma, Vijay Sales, Reliance Retail
Clothing - Myntra, Reliance Trends, Pantaloons, Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle and many more
Groceries - Big Basket, Big Bazaar, Blinkit
Swiggy for Food Ordering
IRCTC
Redbus
Hotels
Flights

At least I dont see a reason to quit using HDFC Cards yet.
tejas08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 12:10   #5528
BHPian

I have an ICICI Bank Amazon credit card and the Citibank Premiermiles card (with around 60k points). With Citi exiting India, I am thinking of closing both the cards and applying for a new card. I am looking for a card to accumulate airline miles. I spend around 70-80k per month, and wouldn't mind paying upto 5k a year as annual fees. Which card would be ideal for me?
Old 5th July 2022, 12:47   #5529
BHPian

My wife has just started using a HDFC Millenia Credit Card. I had a couple of doubts regarding the same as this is the first credit card we are using.
1. The autopay option for paying the bill amount in full has been enabled through the HDFC Bank app itself. When is the money deducted?
2. 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India. What is the normal fuel surcharge applicable when paying through credit cards?
Thanks.
Old 5th July 2022, 13:58   #5530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Yes, it's 1% for BPCL and IOCL.
2.5% for non PSU fuel stations
I recently filled fuel and paid through my HDFC DB CC. I could see that they have charged me total of 3.5% as surcharge and out of which only 1% has been returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Electronics - Croma, Vijay Sales, Reliance Retail
Clothing - Myntra, Reliance Trends, Pantaloons, Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle and many more
Groceries - Big Basket, Big Bazaar, Blinkit
Swiggy for Food Ordering
IRCTC
Redbus
Hotels
Flights
Except for Big Basket, none of the above listed stores are relevant for me. And even in BB, the last time when I checked, there was an offer of mere Rs30 when paid through payzapp.
Again, for people who shop from the above stores may still find smartbuy beneficial, but not for me.
Old 5th July 2022, 14:02   #5531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
1. The autopay option for paying the bill amount in full has been enabled through the HDFC Bank app itself. When is the money deducted?
The amount is debited on the payby date.

Quote:
2. 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India. What is the normal fuel surcharge applicable when paying through credit cards?
Thanks.
The fuel bunks I have been to seem to have 1% surcharge nowadays.
I am not sure if the surcharge amount is linked to the POS or the fuel retailer.

Note that HDFC will not refund the tax on the surcharge.
However, Amex & ICICI HP cards do not not charge any additional amount.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 14:11   #5532
BHPian

Quote:

On the due date.

Some times have observed the debit on the day after the due date.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 14:26   #5533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Except for Big Basket, none of the above listed stores are relevant for me. And even in BB, the last time when I checked, there was an offer of mere Rs30 when paid through payzapp.
Again, for people who shop from the above stores may still find smartbuy beneficial, but not for me.
You seem to be either living a life of a monk or you get some super benefits from some other places if none of these brands are beneficial for you via Smartbuy.
Old 5th July 2022, 14:34   #5534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I recently filled fuel and paid through my HDFC DB CC..
Hi - Since you are Diners black user, checking with you on acceptance of HDFC DB CC. Does the fuel pumps accept DB cards like Visa or MasterCard?

I believe in offline, only bigger hotel chains and stores like Tanishq accept it. Not sure retail stores like Lifestyle or Max accept it. Even in online space, does it get accepted in IRCTC or even travel portals, or big basket or Zomato? I know all of these accept Amex though.

Reason is HDFC Bank is showing me Pre approved instant DB card. Though it is shown as LTF in the banner inside my net banking login, it shows joining fee waiver for 1.5L spend within 90 days. Worse, it shows renewal waiver only at 5L spend which is their regular terms and condition. In the application screen, it is written that DB and Infinia is not given as LTF. I know it's not true but why do they have to mis sell it as LTF . They can advertise it as joining fee waiver or First year free rather than LTF. I could not make up my mind whether to take it or not as I didn't liked this way of marketing or end up having a card I can't use much.
Old 5th July 2022, 14:49   #5535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Hi - Since you are Diners black user, checking with you on acceptance of HDFC DB CC. Does the fuel pumps accept DB cards like Visa or MasterCard?
Most of the times, I do UPI payments at the fuel stations. But whenever/wherever I have tried with my HDFC DB CC, it has worked.

Quote:
I believe in offline, only bigger hotel chains and stores like Tanishq accept it. Not sure retail stores like Lifestyle or Max accept it. Even in online space, does it get accepted in IRCTC or even travel portals, or big basket or Zomato? I know all of these accept Amex though.
Most of my purchase/spend (almost everything) happens online. Many of the online portals like FTH Daily, Meesho, Go Colors, Hathway, etc does not accept Diners card. And I have also seen that my card is not accepted at some offline stores (small ones). So, one needs to be prepared to face this reality.

Quote:
I know it's not true but why do they have to mis sell it as LTF . They can advertise it as joining fee waiver or First year free rather than LTF. I could not make up my mind whether to take it or not as I didn't liked this way of marketing or end up having a card I can't use much.
You need to be really careful here. They did this trick with me and I had to fight a lot with them to convert my card to LTF. I got this card as an upgrade from Regalia and at that time they had verbally told me that LTF feature will be continued from Regalia to DB. But after one year, I saw 11800 as renewal fee in my credit statement. That's when I started my fight with them and finally they agreed to make it LTF and also to reverse that Rs11800 charge. Their only condition was, I had to open one savings account with them (with MAB of Rs10000).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks