Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2019, 23:35   #3196
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I never requested for it. They sent Regalia First card after my HDFC Allmiles card expired in December 2018.
You need to specifically request for the card. For me, if i remember correctly, I had to make 3 or 4 transactions using the card, before I could request for the card. The good feature of Regalia First is that you can get an add-on card for your partner/family member and get a priority pass for that card as well.
Old 22nd May 2019, 01:31   #3197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Can I take my wife & kid along with me and mark all three of us in one go?
The Chennai lounges are very sad and they do not permit the same card to be used more than once. One needs to have a separate card for each family member. My last trip I sent in my two kids and didn't bother for my wife and me as we had just 45 mins but this is definitely a pain.
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:42   #3198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
The Chennai lounges are very sad and they do not permit the same card to be used more than once. One needs to have a separate card for each family member. My last trip I sent in my two kids and didn't bother for my wife and me as we had just 45 mins but this is definitely a pain.
I don't know when you last experienced them, but the new lounges by TFS are quite good. I passed through them last month and had a very good experience.

Here's an online review - https://www.cardexpert.in/new-tfs-tr...view-domestic/
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:04   #3199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
I passed through them last month and had a very good experience.
I was at the international TFS lounges twice this month and am there almost every month. In Feb I was able to take in three people on my card into the domestic lounge but soon after, they introduced a name check on the card policy and also one card one person limit. The latter might have been a restriction in force earlier as well but I have used one card for multiple folks in Feb and prior too.
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:10   #3200
BHPian

Quote:
I was at the international TFS lounges twice this month and am there almost every month. In Feb I was able to take in three people on my card into the domestic lounge but soon after, they introduced a name check on the card policy and also one card one person limit. The latter might have been a restriction in force earlier as well but I have used one card for multiple folks in Feb and prior too.
I agree regarding the one card one person limit. However, I have had experiences when they allowed second person on another card of mine, i.e., without being insistent that the boarding pass name matches credit card name.
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:18   #3201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
However, I have had experiences when they allowed second person on another card of mine, i.e., without being insistent that the boarding pass name matches credit card name.
Yes this depends on the mood of the person but I have been denied and accepted as well.
Old 22nd May 2019, 14:17   #3202
BHPian

We ( Me, Wife,10 y.o & 4 y.o) were at Delhi T3 15 days ago, with a long layover ( was flying Pant Nagar to Mumbai via Delhi).
Wife entered with her Regalia Visa card with a 2 Rs swipe. I entered with my Infinia Visa with a 2 Rs swipe. I was also carrying my Priority Pass and swiped it once for my elder kid. The younger was free.
The guy said Priority Pass can take in self + 1 guest. I was checking if I could swipe my Priority Pass 3 times for 3 persons entry and the guy said that if the Priority pass is swiped the second time immediately, they get an error asking to cancel the 1st transaction.
For the Priority Pass entry, Boarding pass was asked and the Delhi-Mumbai Air India Boarding pass was not a problem.

For those wondering why I would use the Priority Pass in India, for Infinia Cards, HDFC has unlimited usage Domestic or International ( hence was checking if I could swipe it 3 times to save on 4 Rs )
Old 22nd May 2019, 14:28   #3203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
For those wondering why I would use the Priority Pass in India, for Infinia Cards, HDFC has unlimited usage Domestic or International ( hence was checking if I could swipe it 3 times to save on 4 Rs )
Did you get charged on your priority pass for that swipe for your elder kid? I didn't try my priority pass as I have received communication that there is a 27$ fee when used in India. On asking them at the lounge they say they can't tell if we will get charged or not.
Old 22nd May 2019, 14:46   #3204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
We ( Me, Wife,10 y.o & 4 y.o) were at Delhi T3 15 days ago, with a long layover ( was flying Pant Nagar to Mumbai via Delhi).
Wife entered with her Regalia Visa card with a 2 Rs swipe. I entered with my Infinia Visa with a 2 Rs swipe. I was also carrying my Priority Pass and swiped it once for my elder kid. The younger was free.
What is the criteria for kids? Is it based on age or height?
Old 22nd May 2019, 15:33   #3205
BHPian

All the discussion on airport lounge access is very enlightening. I had assumed I can take in my family (all of three members) with one card.
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:00   #3206
Senior - BHPian

The Plaza premium lounge in the Delhi T2 domestic terminal doesn't accept Regalia card. The lounge itself is pretty small, so nothing much you would miss out on.
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:55   #3207
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you get charged on your priority pass for that swipe for your elder kid? I didn't try my priority pass as I have received communication that there is a 27$ fee when used in India. On asking them at the lounge they say they can't tell if we will get charged or not.
For HDFC Infinia card holder use of PP in domestic lounges is not chargeable
Old 22nd May 2019, 21:58   #3208
BHPian

SBI Prime document says PP domestic is chargeable $27 per visit. Guest also chargeable at same rate, which probably mean you can use (pay accordingly) for multiple persons on same card, right?
Old 23rd May 2019, 12:33   #3209
BHPian

Similarly, I got charged on my ICICI card when I accidentally used PP for domestic lounge. Also, the charges showed up after 3 months. Please be careful while using PP in India.
Old 23rd May 2019, 12:51   #3210
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get charged on your priority pass for that swipe for your elder kid? .
They are right. They just have a swiping machine for PP. They can't determine the no. of visits we have done or if any charge is going to be applicable.

As mentioned by rkg, for HDFC Infinia, usage of PP domestically is also not charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
What is the criteria for kids? Is it based on age or height?
Age. Less than 5 years is free.

Just to make it somewhat clear, using your Priority pass in India ( whether traveling International or Domestic, will lead to a charge of USD 27 converted.

When on Indian territory, always use your Mastercard or Visa or Amex or Diners, to enter lounges.

Once you leave Indian soils, then Priority Pass will work free of cost, within your limit.

To check if your Visa/MC/Amex/Diners has a tie-up with Lounges, check on your Banks website.
Priority Pass also has a website and lists all lounges worldwide, affiliated to them. Priority Pass allows self + 1 guest to enter. This 1 guest counts towards your 2nd visit quota.
Most of the lounges have a cap of 3 hours, however no one checks when lounges are empty. I have spent 5 + hours both ways at Istanbul Lounge.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 24th May 2019 at 01:55. Reason: Removing extra spaces

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks