Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2019, 13:38   #3016
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I've HDFC Diners Club black card. One of the key reason is the really good rewards program. The card statement only reports the total points earned during the billing period. There is no breakup of the points earned per spend. Its difficult to track the points, especially the bonus points.

BTW, the ICICI credit card statement has a column for points earned.

Any idea how we can get the breakdown of points earned on Diners Club Black card?

Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 16:36   #3017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
I've HDFC Diners Club black card. One of the key reason is the really good rewards program.
Any idea how we can get the breakdown of points earned on Diners Club Black card?

Thanks
I don't have answer to your question but instead have a question for you.

I heard that the super attractive rewards program on HDFC diners black card was valid till 31st December 2018. Is it true? Or is the rewards program open ended with no termination date?

Your inputs are highly appreciated.
Old 5th January 2019, 11:30   #3018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

I heard that the super attractive rewards program on HDFC diners black card was valid till 31st December 2018. Is it true? .
The 5 points for 150 spend has no expiry. There is 10X points on certain purchases, the end date for this keeps getting extended. Now its set to 31st March 2019.

HTH
Old 6th January 2019, 02:18   #3019
BHPian

I have been using the diners black for the last 8 months and have just used close to 1 lac points for tickets to turkey for me and the family. The 10X points is the real kicker here as you get a lot of points for transferring to the forex card as well. The best card for points and also one of the few cards with 1 point = 1 Re. For travel spends through the concierge service.
Old 7th January 2019, 11:24   #3020
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I am on a card cancellation spree. Just got off the call with the American Express customer care, regarding the cancellation of my Jet Airways card.

No issues with the card or service as such; However the bone of contention was survival of Jet Airways. I did not find it worth paying 10,000 towards annual charges, if the airline doesn't survive. My travels have dropped drastically to one travel a year and hence, I would not mind waiting in queue to check in.

I can always be back to Amex (and will be back), provided the condition of airline improves or they tie up with another airline.
Old 7th January 2019, 13:09   #3021
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I have been using the diners black for the last 8 months and have just used close to 1 lac points for tickets to turkey for me and the family. The 10X points is the real kicker here as you get a lot of points for transferring to the forex card as well. The best card for points and also one of the few cards with 1 point = 1 Re. For travel spends through the concierge service.
Does this attract an annual fee? And is there a way to upgrade to this from the Diners Club Premium on the basis of existing credit limit?
Old 7th January 2019, 13:28   #3022
BHPian

I don't know about the upgrade, but I am sure there is some way to do it. The annual fee is waived if your spend is more than 6 lacs per annum is what I understand.
Old 8th January 2019, 19:19   #3023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Looks like I am on a card cancellation spree. Just got off the call with the American Express customer care, regarding the cancellation of my Jet Airways card.

No issues with the card or service as such; However the bone of contention was survival of Jet Airways. I did not find it worth paying 10,000 towards annual charges, if the airline doesn't survive. My travels have dropped drastically to one travel a year and hence, I would not mind waiting in queue to check in.

I can always be back to Amex (and will be back), provided the condition of airline improves or they tie up with another airline.
I also did think of getting the Jet AMEX card, but finally gave the idea up, as I too have stopped travelling frequently.

I am still maintaining AMEX Indian Airlines (now Air India) Gold Charge Card, since around 2005. Even though Air India no longer supports this card with benefits, the card as such is extremely useful. I have two supplementary cards with it (free) for the family.

I also have an AMEX Gold Card (Lifetime free - no charges) since 2000, which I use sparingly.
Old 8th January 2019, 19:54   #3024
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
+1 and when I made the call for cancellation, there were NO efforts from the executive to reconsider or stay unlike past. I was mostly a satisfied customer of AMEX but off-late their quality has deteriorated, looks they have transferred most of their fairer sex staff to international operations And of course, situation of Jet is equally troubling.

Another problem with Amex is relating to payment, unlike other banks like Citi, it takes Days 2-3 + bank holidays when you make payment. Whereas with most other banks its on same day even if I dont have an account.
Old 8th January 2019, 20:43   #3025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Another problem with Amex is relating to payment, unlike other banks like Citi, it takes Days 2-3 + bank holidays when you make payment. Whereas with most other banks its on same day even if I dont have an account.
I used to have similar problems where it took a couple of days for the payment to reflect, as I tend to pay on the last day. Though their system tends to credit the payments a few days after I pay online, I have never had any problems from their side, as payment would be deducted from my bank immediately.

A few months ago AMEX sent me the particulars of the Stan Chart account where I can do a NEFT transfer, and that is reflected in their system the next day.

For other cards, when I pay through the corresponding Bank, it is reflected immediately.
Old 9th January 2019, 09:13   #3026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
....Though their system tends to credit the payments a few days after I pay online, I have never had any problems from their side, as payment would be deducted from my bank immediately.
For other cards, when I pay through the corresponding Bank, it is reflected immediately.
I think this is because all other cards are issued by banks. I mean Stanc or ICICI are banks and when you transfer from another bank, it is bank to bank transfer and it happens immediately. Amex may not be a bank - in the technical term - and so it takes more time.
Old 9th January 2019, 13:53   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post

I also have an AMEX Gold Card (Lifetime free - no charges) since 2000, which I use sparingly.
They are issuing this card to me, to maintain the existing relationship. I am okay with it, as the annual charges will come up only in January 2020.

If I am do not use it, will cancel!
Old 10th January 2019, 15:00   #3028
BHPian

Anybody over here using SCB Ultimate Credit Card? I just applied for this yesterday on a Card on Card Basis.

One of the things is unclear almost on every site - Fuel Surcharge waiver

Does this card provide Fuel Surcharge Waiver or not?
Old 10th January 2019, 16:11   #3029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Anybody over here using SCB Ultimate Credit Card? I just applied for this yesterday on a Card on Card Basis.

One of the things is unclear almost on every site - Fuel Surcharge waiver

Does this card provide Fuel Surcharge Waiver or not?
When in doubt, do refer to the below linked website.
https://www.cardexpert.in/standard-c...t-card-review/

I also did some research on your behalf in the Comments section of the above mentioned blog to see that Reward points are earned even on Fuel transactions. However, they also charge 1% Fuel surcharge. No waiver as such.

Do update when you actually do a test transaction.
Old 16th January 2019, 03:37   #3030
Senior - BHPian

Team, is there a product in India that works like a prepaid charge card. I am a NRI and deactivated my cards years ago. I hate to carry cash when travelling to pay for hotels/fuel.

What are my options?

Most Viewed