Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2016, 13:36   #2371
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Talking about upgrades and replacement cards.
My HDFC World credit card was supposed to expire this month. So, last month HDFC sent me a Regalia First credit card as replacement.
I did not use, nor did I add it to Netbanking since I did not get time to visit the ATM to set my PIN, until 28 December.
But this created a problem for me. When I checked for my bill early this month on Netbanking, I saw the due amount as Rs. 0.
The new card was not registered automatically in Netbanking.

As a result, I thought all is good and did not make any payment.

Now, on 29th, I added the new card to Netbanking and then I realized there was outstanding amount also late fee charged (since my due date was 25 December).

This explained why early during this month, amount due was Rs. 0. The entire balance from last bill and unbilled amount was getting tagged to the new card.

So, due to this change over, I have missed timely payment of my credit card bill.

So, be careful when you go for a change or upgrade.

Last edited by S_U_N : 31st December 2016 at 13:38.
Old 31st December 2016, 16:09   #2372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Don't go for Regalia First. Try for Regalia only
Regalia card gives 12 Priority pass complimentary lounge access/year, where as for Regalia First it is only 4.
How do you use lounge access? Do you need to request a different card as "Priority pass" or does card itself work and you can give it to lounge ?
Old 31st December 2016, 16:14   #2373
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
How do you use lounge access? Do you need to request a different card as "Priority pass" or does card itself work and you can give it to lounge ?
Regalia card will be issued along with Priority Pass card ( atleast thats what happened in my case) which needs to shown at Lounge. Of course, I have never used it till now. But the accompanying information with card clearly mention 12 visits per year are free.
Old 31st December 2016, 19:32   #2374
A.R
BHPian

A question on the HDFC Regalia card. Though I was told that this will be a life time free card and no other obligations, I don't see this mentioned anywhere wither in the package I received nor in the statements. In fact the welcome package has the usual charges mentioned for renewals amongst others. Do I need to confirm with the CC that this is no annual charge card?
Old 31st December 2016, 19:46   #2375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Regalia card will be issued along with Priority Pass card ( atleast thats what happened in my case)
Looks like they have tweaked the process and priority pass needs to be requested separately. I did not receive Priority Pass, have raised it with CC.
Old 31st December 2016, 19:58   #2376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like they have tweaked the process and priority pass needs to be requested separately. I did not receive Priority Pass, have raised it with CC.
I just go to the lounge reception and show my credit card to get access. They charge Rs. 25 on the card though. This is Citi PremierMiles, though.
Old 31st December 2016, 20:30   #2377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I just go to the lounge reception and show my credit card to get access.
Does it work outside India ? From what I recall, access provided via MasterCard / Visa's premier cards is limited to domestic airports.
Old 31st December 2016, 22:36   #2378
Senior - BHPian

The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Does it work outside India ? From what I recall, access provided via MasterCard / Visa's premier cards is limited to domestic airports.

These must be only for domestic lounges. For international lounge access, one needs Priority Pass or Diners Black card. I don't think there's any other standalone Indian credit card that gives international lounge access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I just go to the lounge reception and show my credit card to get access. They charge Rs. 25 on the card though. This is Citi PremierMiles, though.
That amount is not actually charged. It's just an authorization request to check if the card is valid.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 31st December 2016 at 22:37.
Old 31st December 2016, 22:44   #2379
BHPian

I have used standard chartered, hsbc, hdfc cards which are all platinum cards for accessing lounges at Delhi and Chennai airports for a price of Rs 2 everytime. Standard chartered is inner circle card, hsbc is platinum and hdfc is all miles.
Old 3rd January 2017, 17:03   #2380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Talking about upgrades and replacement cards.
My HDFC World credit card was supposed to expire this month. So, last month HDFC sent me a Regalia First credit card as replacement.
I did not use, nor did I add it to Netbanking since I did not get time to visit the ATM to set my PIN, until 28 December.
But this created a problem for me. When I checked for my bill early this month on Netbanking, I saw the due amount as Rs. 0.
The new card was not registered automatically in Netbanking.

As a result, I thought all is good and did not make any payment.

Now, on 29th, I added the new card to Netbanking and then I realized there was outstanding amount also late fee charged (since my due date was 25 December).

This explained why early during this month, amount due was Rs. 0. The entire balance from last bill and unbilled amount was getting tagged to the new card.

So, due to this change over, I have missed timely payment of my credit card bill.

So, be careful when you go for a change or upgrade.

I called the customer care and explained them the circumstances which lead to the missed due date. They asked me to pay all dues (including unbilled dues) and then call back.
I did the same and called them yesterday requesting to reverse the late fee.
Today, I checked netbanking account - all the late fees and surcharges were reversed. Good guys!
Old 3rd January 2017, 21:06   #2381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
These must be only for domestic lounges. For international lounge access, one needs Priority Pass or Diners Black card. I don't think there's any other standalone Indian credit card that gives international lounge access.
You need the Priority Pass card (linked to the CC) for international lounge access. You have to apply for Priority Pass separately once you receive your credit card.

HDFC AllMiles provides 4 free lounge accesses per quarter. But that is not the case with all credit cards. I was hit with a bill of Rs.1500 on my Amex card for lounge access in Bangalore domestic terminal. So check the fine print of your CC.
Old 4th January 2017, 23:31   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Diners Premium also gets unlimited domestic access and international access 4 times a quarter to the same set of lounges. Can be had in a lifetime free variant, unlike Black.
Old 5th January 2017, 10:14   #2383
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT. I am talking debit cards.

I have Platinum from both SCB and SBI, daily limit 1L International. Both expire between December 2016 and March 2017. In fact I used the SCB card in Dubai ATMs with no hassles. SCB I got the new card with the limit enhanced to to 2L.

SBI asked me to resubmit the KYC docs, which I did. What do I get, is a 'Classic' card with the limit reduced to 40,000, India only. Talked to the Manager, and he asked me to apply for a new card online. I have done so. Did not see the Platinum option, fingers crossed. Now the SBI is not even responsible enough to check what card I have. This info is with them (from the card number). The fellow was trying to persuade me in move some of my investments to SBI. Fat chance!!
Old 5th January 2017, 10:23   #2384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Slightly OT. I am talking debit cards.

I have Platinum from both SCB and SBI, daily limit 1L International. Both expire between December 2016 and March 2017. In fact I used the SCB card in Dubai ATMs with no hassles. SCB I got the new card with the limit enhanced to to 2L.

SBI asked me to resubmit the KYC docs, which I did. What do I get, is a 'Classic' card with the limit reduced to 40,000, India only. Talked to the Manager, and he asked me to apply for a new card online. I have done so. Did not see the Platinum option, fingers crossed. Now the SBI is not even responsible enough to check what card I have. This info is with them (from the card number). The fellow was trying to persuade me in move some of my investments to SBI. Fat chance!!
Did SCB also ask you to submit the KYC form ?

I also have a SCB Titanium with 2L credit limit expiring in 2017.
Old 5th January 2017, 11:22   #2385
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a random musing: now that card acceptance has become more prevalent, I find myself using credit card for virtually every transaction, including Rs. 6/- for chai at our company cafeteria. While is is great for the cashless economy I find that it clutters up my CC statement no end!

I used to use one card exclusively for petrol and another for everything else. In the aftermath of the big D, one card is almost exclusively with the missus these days, so all my transactions go on my primary card.

Need to figure out a better system!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks