Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2024, 09:59   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fake / Fraud / Scam Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post
Anyone can put funds into your account. But no one, even the bank, can take the funds out of your account without your approval.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
If A can raise a dispute request for reversal then so can B raise a similar dispute request for reversal of funds transferred by him/her. What's am I missing here?
As already mentioned, the comments under the LinkedIn post are quite informative. He mentions about submitting proof to his bank of returning the amount to A, trying to dispute his return transaction with his other bank, etc.
That person has given detailed updates on the steps taken, processes followed, the outcomes - so have others who have had experiences of the same or similar kind.

Last edited by adisan : 12th July 2024 at 10:02.
Old 12th July 2024, 13:01   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
As already mentioned, the comments under the LinkedIn post are quite informative. He mentions about submitting proof to his bank of returning the amount to A, trying to dispute his return transaction with his other bank, etc.
That person has given detailed updates on the steps taken, processes followed, the outcomes - so have others who have had experiences of the same or similar kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
Summary:
[1] A makes a UPI transfer of Rs 10,000 to a stranger B, immediately informs B that the transfer was mistakenly done and requests B to transfer the amount back.
[2] B, in good faith, transfers Rs 10,000 to A.
[3] A then proceeds to raise a dispute with the bank on the original transaction. If the bank reverses that transaction, A gains Rs 10,000 at B's cost.
Ah, my bad. I did not look at the linkedIn post.
I just looked at the simplified narrative, and as such, (3) cannot happen.

But now that I went through the post, I am not clear on what eventually happens if the Disputer does not revoke his complaint.

Though there is a lien on the account, the amount is still in the OPs account but he cannot spend the amount. Unless he gives consent, that amount cannot be debited from his account.
There should also be a time period for the lien expiry I guess, as lien cannot be indefinitely held.

This could have been a genuine case where the disputer actually transferred the money unintentionally ( as he would need a transaction to raise a dispute) and then he raised a dispute and parallely tried to give a shot at getting his money back.
Luckily for him, it worked and he got the money back and the interbank red-tape might have taken time to both apply the lien and clear the lien.

Normally in the scamster version, one would just get the SMS and not the actual credit in the account as the scamster would be left hanging if the other party refused to give it back.
In this version, it seems the OP got the credit and that is why the Original creditor could even dispute it.
Old 13th July 2024, 02:22   #378
BHPian

Talking of scams, the following video just blows the mind. An Indian boy stepped up the scam game a notch higher than the rest and took a USA based university for a spin. The narration of the tale is fantastic in the video posted by Brut.

And as if on a spree, Yotube showed me another good one on scams. An IAS lady landed herself in a soup, or rather landed the system in a soup.
Fuldagap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 10:46   #379
BHPian

Fake / Fraud / Scam Calls-img_8588.jpeg
Have been summoned to District Court!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
The narration of the tale is fantastic in the video posted by Brut.
The narration is good, but sharing a link below if someone wants to read his actual descriptive confession. His actions were nothing short of what you see in a movie! Must give it to the mod of the sub-Reddit too for reporting him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/JEENEETards/s/2LfncaT0OQ

Fake / Fraud / Scam Calls-img_8587.jpeg
How smart he thought he was :-)
ex-innova-guy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 12:47   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Must give it to the mod of the sub-Reddit too for reporting him.

How smart he thought he was :-)
Mind blowing! If only he had kept mum about his fraudulent journey.

Since he took up a marketing internship (where he was slacking as well), he must have thought - “lemme market myself and get paid $1500 also.”
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 13:23   #381
BHPian

How many genuine students are going to miss the bus now because of this fiasco and image of Indians across the globe is gone for a toss.

No Uni will believe our mark sheets and they might mandate Academic validation by third party like Canada at a cost of $150

Pompous talk and arrogancy has costed him his life now. Just imagine what their family and future kids have to go through now if they ever find out.

I feel he sincerely apologises to everyone and start afresh with a shop.

I would recommend Reddit also to remove this story to prevent wrong motivation for others.

To some extent fakes do happen in H1B etc but not at every level like this one.
Ananthang is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks