Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2023, 23:14   #331
BHPian

Re: Fake / Fraud / Scam Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
Might be someone entering a wrong number by mistake and that happening to be yours. Unless it's happening multiple times.
Hopefully thats the case, nowadays you can never be sure what all scams are going on.
Old 6th July 2023, 11:21   #332
BHPian

Received only 3 spam calls in the entire week
Seems my trai reporting trick is doing its thing.
Old 28th August 2023, 11:14   #333
BHPian

Once bitten...

I have to admit my foolishness and falling to this site https://www.kpqixz.top/

The products are offered at meaty prices, however, please refrain from buying from this site. There is no acknowledgement, order updates or any comms post the payments.

I have raised a cyber fraud complaint on govt website to ban this site and seller, however, the things moved from the cyber cell to the local police station, only to get closed asking to engage the consumer court. I don't have any intention to go further, however, I warn fellow BHPians based on my experience and lesson.
Attached Thumbnails
Fake / Fraud / Scam Calls-productordered.jpeg  

sanstorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 13:13   #334
BHPian

Registering for DND is useless. The sheer volume of calls soliciting interest for credit card, personal loan, real estate, etc on an everyday basis is superbly annoying! I am in a profession where I need to answer calls from unknown numbers as well.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 13:50   #335
Senior - BHPian

This has really become a menace.
This is a good solution:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...-scammers.html

In my experience almost all Spam or Scam calls involve the person at the other end speaking in Hindi. I just say "I don't understand Hindi, can you talk in English?". 95% of the time the caller just disconnects.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 10:27   #336
Senior - BHPian

The New E-Challan Scam
Source: www.NDTV.com

Quote:
Government authorities and police are warning citizens about an e-challan scam targeting vehicle owners with SMSes that resemble text alerts for traffic challans.
The scammers send a text message to your phone that closely remembers e-challan alerts. The messages have a payment link.
Old 31st August 2023, 13:17   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
The New E-Challan Scam
Got a message asking to pay a fine. It was from "VAHAN" and the link in the sms was to a gov.in site.

But a url shortener was used in the sms. Using the actual link would help a bit i think.
Old 31st August 2023, 13:33   #338
BHPian

I have put one big scam details in another post where my cousin lost 11 lakhs. May be it belongs to be in this thread.

Post #127:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...-number-9.html (Aadhaar Card: Updating mobile number)
Mystic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 22:14   #339
BHPian

Got a message like this:

Fake / Fraud / Scam Calls-img_9751.jpeg

I dont have an RNSB gold loan account, what is this all about? Any scam? Because it is coming from BP-RNSBLD i wonder if i need to contact customer care of this bank.

First time i am hearing of such a bank.

Ps: because its a loan account I am wondering, the way of wording also makes me wonder

Last edited by SideView : 12th September 2023 at 22:18.
Old 13th September 2023, 11:25   #340
BANNED

I have been receiving several calls from Indonesia, Dubai, Saudi, etc, and I am sharing screenshots of few numbers for awareness. Stay safe everyone. I use focus mode on iPhone in which I have switched ON settings where calls from unknown/not saved numbers don’t even ring. Calls from unknown/not saved numbers are shown as miss calls in my call log. If any number is important, then I call back. I know it might not work for everyone, but it works for me, and keeps me safe from such ultra annoying calls.
Attached Thumbnails
Fake / Fraud / Scam Calls-img_7737.jpeg  

Fake / Fraud / Scam Calls-img_7738.jpeg  

Last edited by aseem23 : 13th September 2023 at 11:45.
Old 13th September 2023, 11:45   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Ps: because its a loan account I am wondering, the way of wording also makes me wonder
Check your CIBIL Score & check for any outstanding loans under your PAN. You may have not taken one, but some smart joker may have typo-ed your PAN against some else's.
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 13:19   #342
Team-BHP Support

Not exactly me, but just fell victim to a heartless scam.

Some family member of our domestic help needed blood urgently. I tweeted to some blood donors society's handle along with the phone number of the patients attendant. The tweet was amplified by the donor group.

The attendant received a call and was asked for Rs 300 as travel cost to come and donate blood. Although he could ill afford, the poor guy UPI'd immediately up since the caller mentioned my name (from the tweet) and they were desperate for blood.

Nobody turned up and the phone is now off. What heartless creatures taking advantage of poor when they are down. Obviously, I have reimbursed the money but this totally sucks!
Eddy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 12:31   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Not exactly me, but just fell victim to a heartless scam.

Some family member of our domestic help needed blood urgently. I tweeted to some blood donors society's handle along with the phone number of the patients attendant. The tweet was amplified by the donor group.

The attendant received a call and was asked for Rs 300 as travel cost to come and donate blood. Although he could ill afford, the poor guy UPI'd immediately up since the caller mentioned my name (from the tweet) and they were desperate for blood.

Nobody turned up and the phone is now off. What heartless creatures taking advantage of poor when they are down. Obviously, I have reimbursed the money but this totally sucks!
Sad, i wonder how such people sleep at night.
Old 27th October 2023, 15:36   #344
BHPian

The number of scam calls have gone through the roof. I used to get a call almost everyday. So much that as soon as I hear Hindi on the other end, I cut the call immediately. After religiously reporting them on the DND app, the number of calls have indeed reduced, but of late, these scammers seems to have shifted to Whatsapp.Blocking and reporting doesn't seem to be helping.

Fake / Fraud / Scam Calls-screenshot_20230918_183511_whatsapp.jpg

Fake / Fraud / Scam Calls-screenshot_20230918_183828_whatsapp.jpg

Fake / Fraud / Scam Calls-screenshot_20231022_124347_whatsapp.jpg

Fake / Fraud / Scam Calls-screenshot_20231024_145920_whatsapp.jpg
Old 25th January 2024, 07:48   #345
BHPian

WhatsApp has introduced screen sharing. It is going to be a magnet for scamsters to target senior citizens.
DigitalOne is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks