Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2020, 01:00   #571
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Anyone here has heard of / used / using "Morning Owl" brand of latex mattresses? Another online only player hence wanted some genuine feedback if available.

Thanks much.

Last edited by Nimz : 18th June 2020 at 01:02.
Old 19th June 2020, 18:04   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Now that this is done and dusted, a DuroFlex BackMagic costing a fraction of this Sunday crap replaced it. It has a 7 year warranty, and by initial impressions has a firm back support...
Thanks for sharing. I am also evaluating Duroflex BlackMagic. Did you order the mattress online. If yes via their website or amazon.in ? I like mattresses with a soft outer lining but with firm support underneath. I have been using Kurlon aramaesh for the past 10 years which is basically a coir mattress with a half an inch of foam at the top. It served me well but is now sagging and at the end of its life. Am a big heavy person.
Old 20th June 2020, 00:43   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Thanks for sharing. I am also evaluating Duroflex BlackMagic. Did you order the mattress online. If yes via their website or amazon.in ? I like mattresses with a soft outer lining but with firm support underneath. I have been using Kurlon aramaesh for the past 10 years which is basically a coir mattress with a half an inch of foam at the top. It served me well but is now sagging and at the end of its life. Am a big heavy person.
Why not try latex? Even am looking at a medium firm - soft with a firm support. Duroflex Backmagic has a lot of positive reviews but I read on this thread that coir can lose shape in a few years + hard mattresses are not recommended for back ache. So am considering the Duroflex Tatva - coir + latex.
Old 20th June 2020, 12:21   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Kurl On Ortho issues

We had a queen size Kurl On DRC 250 mattress for 3 - 4 years which eventually started sagging and as a result we were getting back pain. I looked around the internet including this thread and since my parents had recently bought new Kurl On mattresses for their home (I think it cost them around 14-15K each) and were happy with it, we decided to go ahead with the Kurl On itself. After more research and checking the mattress options, we finalized on the new Ortho mattress. In Jan 2019, we purchased it from Geo Agencies which in Cochin and paid Rs 20,500 (against the MRP of Rs 26,991). They offered the generous discount themselves and we were happy with the price though they took a few days to deliver it. The mattress was firm and was such a relief for our backs when compared to the old mattress. It made all the back pain that we were facing immediately disappear. We even recommended Kurl On to a few folks who were mattress shopping after that.

However by February of this year (i.e. 13 months of usage), we started noticing that the mattress was causing us some back pain and there was slight sagging. Due to the corona virus, we had to manage with the increasing sagging and it got so bad that we even ended up flipping (not rotating) the mattress for a few days though that was not very comfortable either. We have flipped it back to normal now and the sagging is very evident. When you take a side view, the 5 inch mattress retains the 5 inches at the ends but in the middle it is now down to 4 inches.

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-20200616_092946.jpg

I tried calling the national helpline but it is unmanned. I sent an email with the details to their customer care on the 12th of June but I am yet to receive any email response or a call back. Meanwhile I headed back to the store and they were very helpful and professional in dealing with the situation. They have provided me with the contact details of someone in Cochin who deals with these warranty claims and I have sent him the pictures of the sagging mattress with all the measurements. Due to the corona virus, they are not making in person visits to check the mattresses for warranty claims and are asking customers to share details of the bill, sag measurements, serial code (on the side) etc.

Hopefully they are able to process the claim quickly and replace the mattress.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 17:41   #575
BHPian

An update for those in a similar boat:

Visited Peps and Duroflex.

Peps - everything was spring based. Evem the ortho one (spring + memory foam). We currently have a pocket spring mattress and also have back ache so we were not too keen.

Duroflex experience center was a better experience. Backmagic is a bit too hard but was certainly not uncomfortable. Not too sure if it will cause back aches later. Tatva (coir + latex) seemed more comfortable. Comes to around 40k for a Queen size.

Morning owl - reached out. They said they can bring s sample for demo. Waiting to hear back.
Old 30th July 2020, 20:25   #576
BHPian

I am looking to get a mattress for my parents queen size bed. Looking to get the Ilavam Panju mattress. I checked nearby dealers and see that the thickness is less and the filling is not firm enough. Any pointers to where I can find good Ilavam Panju mattress in Bengaluru?
Old 6th September 2020, 18:13   #577
Senior - BHPian

First of all I would like to thank fellow members for contributing to this thread. I have been checking this thread on and off for a few months since I knew I would have to get some decent mattress for our house.

Now that we have moved back to Kerala (at least till my company calls me back into office in Bengaluru) I have tried to go through the entire thread and this is definitely a treasure trove of information.

It's kind of difficult to put all the pieces into context since it seems that unlike what I thought before mattress seem to be a very personal choice.

For my family home a latex mattress seems to be the best choice. The prices for these are too high for me to be able to afford though so I think something with 2inch or so latex foam on top would be good.

Something with Latex+coir or Latex+pocket springs seems to fit our requirements. I am not too sure of memory foam (even if it's treated for heat retention) and PU foam.

Can fellow members here suggest products based on their long term feedback.

My max budget is around 30k (already stretched to more than what I am comfortable with. Our family has never had a mattress cost over 15k..but I can do 40k if it lasts long). This is for my parents both above 60 years and combined weight of (130kg+).The two other bedrooms for me and my sis need mattresses too but I rather save up for those. I don't mind sleeping on the floor in the meantime as such.

My questions are basically:
1. Can I really get a good pocket spring based mattress on this budget? Especially if it needs to be Latex topped? It seems like a stretch to me.
2. Do these pocket spring mattress come with zones that make them easily replaceable. I mean if one of the springs deforms or pops out I should be able to just replace that spring instead of throwing out the bed right?
3. Do Orthopedic beds make sense at this price range? For example, Duroflex has a range called Duropedic https://www.duroflexworld.com/collections/duropedic.

My current choices seem to be:
1. Snoozer Ortho firm https://www.snoozermattress.com/prod...firm-mattress/ - Pocket spring but I am not sure if its' zoned and replaceable springs and while it's expensive it still uses PU foam. More importantly, from the limited reviews here I see that their after sales service is not great.
2. KurlOn https://kurlon.com/collections/trend...33113448448135 - Not really sure about this since the website is just too scant on details.
3. Checked out Kingkoil Chiropedic and NaturaBond. These seem to be expensive and my size of 75*60 is classified as custom size which would be more expensive.
4. In Duroflex, I rather go for Backmagic (https://www.duroflexworld.com/collec...cts/back-magic)- reasoning is that parents can use this now and we can shift this later to my bedroom
Or
Prana(https://www.duroflexworld.com/products/prana) - this one meets most of my requirement. Not sure if I should be spending this much on Duroflex.
Or
Tatva (https://www.duroflexworld.com/products/tatva) - I saw some fellow members talk about this one here. But for the price this seems like a bad deal. Why pay Rs. 39,000+ for a Coir+Latex mattress when Duroflex itself is offering Prana (Latex+Pocket spring) for Rs.40,000+. Am I missing something here?
Or
Posture Perfect (https://www.duroflexworld.com/produc...e-perfect#null) - this one doesn't have Latex but heat reduction memory foam + pocket springs + 5zone - Orthopedic support. It's like a more expensive version of the Back magic.
5. Sunday Ortho Plus 4(https://www.sundayrest.com/products/...-plus-mattress) - saw quite a few people who are happy with their Sunday mattress but also saw the negative experience that a fellow member had. I am not sure of spending too much here since support outside Bengaluru would be non-existent.
6. Peps I can see a few members who have recommended Restonic (https://www.pepsindia.com/restonic)
and
Spineguard (https://www.pepsindia.com/spine_guard)
Here Restonic with Pocket springs seems to cost (Rs. 28,000) which is less than Spineguard (Rs. 36,000) with Bonnell springs. The website is scant on details but on the plus side they have a dealer in Kannur.
7. Springair - I am not able to decide since the website details are not well presented and they don't even have prices listed.

As you can guys can see I am confused almost beyond redemption. I am leaning towards getting something cheaper form Duroflex as of now and dealing with all this noise once the other stuff in the house is taken care off.
JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 18:58   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
4. In Duroflex, I rather go for Backmagic (https://www.duroflexworld.com/collec...cts/back-magic)-f.
Mid last year I started developing severe lower back pain. Later we found that the PEPS mattress that we were using, was sagging. After some research and a couple of days of visiting stores, we finalized Duroflex Backmagic. To begin with, the back pain got better. However, there was minor pain in other parts of the body. Probably because we were used to spring mattress. All pains went away after a week.

We are using it for a year now. No big problems yet. I am not sure about long term performance.
vinodh_eee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 21:10   #579
BHPian

Guys any recommendations for a folding mattress. I am looking for one in King Size 78" x 72"

I am looking for one that is 3" to 4" thick. Prefer models on the firmer side something like the Ortho mattress. I saw one model from springtek. But some reviews rate the quality of the top material very low

https://springtek.in/tri-folding-or-...tress-4-inches
Old 13th September 2020, 12:06   #580
BHPian

Quote:
First of all I would like to thank fellow members for contributing to this thread. I have been checking this thread on and off for a few months since I knew I would have to get some decent mattress for our house.

Now that we have moved back to Kerala (at least till my company calls me back into office in Bengaluru) I have tried to go through the entire thread and this is definitely a treasure trove of information.

It's kind of difficult to put all the pieces into context since it seems that unlike what I thought before mattress seem to be a very personal choice.

For my family home a latex mattress seems to be the best choice. The prices for these are too high for me to be able to afford though so I think something with 2inch or so latex foam on top would be good.

Something with Latex+coir or Latex+pocket springs seems to fit our requirements. I am not too sure of memory foam (even if it's treated for heat retention) and PU foam.

Can fellow members here suggest products based on their long term feedback.

My max budget is around 30k (already stretched to more than what I am comfortable with. Our family has never had a mattress cost over 15k..but I can do 40k if it lasts long). This is for my parents both above 60 years and combined weight of (130kg+).The two other bedrooms for me and my sis need mattresses too but I rather save up for those. I don't mind sleeping on the floor in the meantime as such.
You can check out Sunidra mattress. Last year I was also looking for coir + latex mattress. After exploring almost all available options, decided to go with Sunidra. The SL mattress which I bought has 1 inch of latex and 4 inch of coir. It is neither very soft nor very hard. I placed it in the guest room, which is not being used very frequently these days, so can't comment on the the impact of long term usage on the mattress. But so far it seems to be good value for money.
MBond007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 11:08   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Now that this is done and dusted, a DuroFlex BackMagic costing a fraction of this Sunday crap replaced it. It has a 7 year warranty, and by initial impressions has a firm back support. We were getting sick with the neck aches and back aches and it was just this mattress and with everyone in the family using the same. Will keep this thread posted on how this DuroFlex BackMagic fares the long term. At this point, stopped trusting online reviews and went by prior experience with a similar product at home, which is beyond 5 years of age and still going strong.
Hi DRIV3R,

How are you finding DuroFlex BackMagic after couple of months of usage? I have been having really bad neck aches and desperately need to find a new mattress. Kindly advise!
Old 13th October 2020, 09:46   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Hello, we ordered it direct on DuroFlex’s website. Please read my update below on our long term experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Hi DRIV3R,

How are you finding DuroFlex BackMagic after couple of months of usage? I have been having really bad neck aches and desperately need to find a new mattress. Kindly advise!
Hi Prasath, initially all seemed well, and after couple months of usage, the DuroFlex BackMagic is giving severe back pains to whoever is using the mattress. The others and I have never had backaches this bad ever. This is a major downer and I sure would not recommend these as an orthopaedic mattress. They are not any different from Sunday mattresses.

I still would swear by our 6 year old KurlOn KurloBond, which is still firm and supports the back very well.
DRIV3R is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 19:20   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I have been checking this thread on and off for a few months since I knew I would have to get some decent mattress for our house..... I am leaning towards getting something cheaper form Duroflex as of now and dealing with all this noise once the other stuff in the house is taken care off.
This is hilarious!

I just logged in to Team-BHP to update that I just got a Duroflex Back Magic 75" by 60" for Rs. 12,900 (with two additional pillows) from a local retailer.

and I see this:

Quote:
...the DuroFlex BackMagic is giving severe back pains to whoever is using the mattress. The others and I have never had backaches this bad ever. This is a major downer and I sure would not recommend these as an orthopaedic mattress.
Sir, are you getting any support from DuroFlex to resolve this?

Duroflex website didn't deliver to my parents home. Amazon quoted about Rs. 14,500+. Got the number for a retailer from DuroFlex website and called them up today mid-afternoon and they delivered it here by evening 5pm.

For the price, it seemed like a decent option at the time. Hopefully, it will last for a few years at least.
Old 15th October 2020, 15:34   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...initially all seemed well, and after couple months of usage, the DuroFlex BackMagic is giving severe back pains to whoever is using the mattress. The others and I have never had backaches this bad ever. This is a major downer and I sure would not recommend these as an orthopaedic mattress.
Just remembered something. Sir, have you checked the orientation of the bed here? As such, I don't think the Duropedic range mattress can be flipped since they have a orthopedic support pad in the top layer.

But I was wondering if you haven't kept the head of the mattress at the tail end of your platform and vice versa (this would put the part of the pad meant to support your back right below your legs). Just in case this helps with the backache.

NOTE: Mods, please merge this post with my previous one if necessary. They are not actually back-to-back posts.
Old 18th October 2020, 02:01   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
An update for those in a similar boat:

Morning owl - reached out. They said they can bring s sample for demo. Waiting to hear back.
Hi, did you hear from Morning Owl? I am also thinking about Latex bed.

With the feedback on Sunday, looking at other options.

Morning Owl and Boston are the ones that came up. Boston doesnt have return policy. So looks like the only option is Morning Owl or Tatva.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks