Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2022, 02:08   #14971
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Today Deepak Chahar and Venkatesh Iyer suffered injuries during the match. Their availability depends on scan reports. This is becoming very common now, a player suffers injury after one good game or good series. Is BCCI faking their injuries?
Old 17th February 2022, 09:03   #14972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Today Deepak Chahar and Venkatesh Iyer suffered injuries during the match. Their availability depends on scan reports. This is becoming very common now, a player suffers injury after one good game or good series. Is BCCI faking their injuries?
They both were hit really hard by Pollard shots. Did you even see the match or came here directly with your conspiracy theory?
And why will BCCI fake anyone's injury?

The competition is so severe no player can afford to miss matches. Look at shreyas Iyer. Got injured and now having a tough time getting a spot in playing 11.

Last edited by harry10 : 17th February 2022 at 09:04.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 10:15   #14973
Senior - BHPian

Calm down, it is my opinion, not a conspiracy theory. I have stopped watching India matches after the BCCI-Kohli incident. We will see a repeat of 2007 WC debacle with these kind of experiments. I am not here to make any personal comments.

Last edited by deehunk : 17th February 2022 at 10:34.
Old 17th February 2022, 10:26   #14974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
It is my opinion, it can also be a conspiracy theory. I have stopped watching India matches after the BCCI-Kohli incident.
Chahar it seems was bleeding as well, good that you have decided to stop watching matches, but the above statement is funny rather then a conspiracy theory.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 11:54   #14975
Senior - BHPian

I like the intent by Kohli against spin yesterday. After long he was using his feet to come down the track and hit. Don't mind his dismissal if he keeps going aggressive. Even in small innings he looks so class. Got a feeling a big one is around the corner.

Rohit was absolutely awesome to watch. Such lazy elegance in every shot he plays.

MI fans must be wondering why they paid 15 CR for someone who can't hit in powerplay and absolutely clueless afterwards.

SKY has been a revelation in white ball and should be above everyone else.

Pant is pant. One day brilliant, another dumb as a duck.

Venky Iyer showed glimpses of a good finisher. If Hardik doesn't find form with bat and ball in IPL, Venky is a sure starter in world cup.

Bhuvi was ok but we can't play him in Australia. His 130km speed will be smashed everywhere. Siraj and Avesh should be given more opportunities.

Chahar is now an allrounder and gives breakthrough with new ball so have to play him.

Bishnoi was better than Chahal though he was quite nervous initially, understandably. We can play both of them if 2 spinners are played as most players still struggle against wrist spin.

Once Rahul is back batting order will look more solid. Unlucky for Iyer but he as a backup is good. Next match I would love to see Gaikwad open in place of kishan.

If we win the next match then in last match we should bat first. Chasing is always easier under lights and with dew. Need to set targets to defend too.

Last edited by harry10 : 17th February 2022 at 11:57.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 05:52   #14976
Senior - BHPian

A conversation between my friend and I:

Friend: RSA forgot how to bat ?!?!?!?

Me: They have still not recovered from the hangover of beating a 11 man team with 9 players.
Old 18th February 2022, 22:48   #14977
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant win under so much pressure. Kudos to everyone..

Harshal came under hammer but kept his nerve.

Bhuvi was simply brilliant. Only if he can increase his pace and become consistent like before.

Bishnoi was quite good again except for the missed catch.

Kohli looked in great touch at start. Wickets made him slow down and just when he was getting in mode again got out. Still will take his 50.

Pant and Iyer were brilliant and their partnership made the match.

Please get Gaikwad in last match and end Kishans horror show.
Old 19th February 2022, 07:29   #14978
BHPian

Bihar's Sakibul Gani smashes a world record 341 on Ranji Trophy debut!
Quote:
Sakibul Gani, the 22-year-old right-hand batter from Bihar, made history by becoming the first man to hit a triple century on first-class debut, on the second day of the Ranji Trophy 2021-22. Bihar piled up 686 for 5 declared in 159.4 overs against Mizoram in a Plate Group match at the Jadavpur University Campus 2nd Ground in Kolkata. Gani hit 341 in just 405 balls with two sixes and 56 fours and shared in a gargantuan partnership of 538 runs for the fourth wicket alongside double-centurion Babul Kumar, who made 229 not out.
Emvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 17:28   #14979
Senior - BHPian

Many would be happy to see PuRane been dropped from the test squad against SLC.

My Playing XI:

R Sharma
M Agarwal
S Gill
V Kohli (would drop him in the 2nd test if he doesnt score)
S Iyer
R Pant (wk)
R Jadeja
K Yadav
Mhd. Siraj
Mhd. Shami
J Bhumrah

Last edited by VWAllstar : 19th February 2022 at 17:29.
VWAllstar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 19:33   #14980
BHPian

U-19 world cup winning captain Yash Dhull scores twin centuries on Ranji Trophy debut to become only the third Indian player to achieve the rare feat. What a player!

News Link
Emvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 02:13   #14981
Senior - BHPian

The incident involving Saha is just sad. Just shows the ruthless nature of Indian cricket and how quickly players can be discarded. Only marquee players like Sachin, Dhoni, and Kohli get preferential treatment by the BCCI. Saha should have been the primary keeper for this 'farewell' series vs SL while BCCI rested Pant.

For the series against SL, I won't be surprised if we play 4 bowlers (2 fast + 2 spin) and pack our lineup with batsmen. Vihari & Iyer might chip in with a few overs of part time spin.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 21st February 2022 at 02:15.
Old 21st February 2022, 02:21   #14982
Team-BHP Support

I think a lot of people are confusing the Saha issues.

1- Him being told that he will not be considered henceforth is very good communication. He can personally be disappointed and is angry, which is understandable. However, it seems to be a thought out strategy by the management. As far as Ganguly's assurances to him go, I have lost all respect for Ganguly. He just says anything without thinking. Idiot.

2- Saha being bullied by a senior journalist is just plain harassment and blackmail. The culprit most likely is Boriah Majumdar, who probably does all the dirty work for Ganguly. Good that this behaviour is being called out, and I hope Saha names and shames whoever has done this.
Eddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 08:19   #14983
BHPian

Although India have managed to sweep the limited overs series(ODI+T20I) 6-0, it wasn't exactly a cakewalk as the scoreline suggests. West Indies had India under the cosh on multiple occasions in the series. It was excellent batting from middle order batsmen and superb bowling effort of bowlers that saved India the blushes. MOM and MOS awards do present the story as well with bowlers and middle order batsman sharing the spoils equally.

Curiously I have a few interesting observations.

1. The 1st match of both the series were dominated by India. In both the matches, India's opening partnership was in excess of 50. In the ODI, India's first wicket fell at 84 and the second at 93, while in the T20I it was at 64 and 93 respectively! India won both the matches by 6 wickets!

2. In both the 2nd and the 3rd ODI, India lost first 3 wickets before reaching a team score of 50!

3. In both the 2nd and the 3rd T20I, India lost the 1st wicket at the score of 10 and went on to finish the innings 5 wickets down with near identical scores of 186 and 184 respectively!
Old 21st February 2022, 15:13   #14984
BHPian

Dropped from the Test squad, Rahane and Pujara scored 129 and 91(off 83 balls!) respectively in a Ranji Trophy encounter. Interestingly, both these players were playing against each other for their respective teams Mumbai and Saurashtra!

Last edited by Emvi : 21st February 2022 at 15:16.
Old 21st February 2022, 15:40   #14985
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
Dropped from the Test squad, Rahane and Pujara scored 129 and 91(off 83 balls!) respectively in a Ranji Trophy encounter.
I hope they're not drafted back in to the side just based on this performance. Definitely, they need to play consistently right through the Ranji season, let's see how it pans out.

Ind Vs WI T20I series - it was good to see middle order batting coming good when under pressure. Similarly the bowling came good in the death overs and we won despite not playing Bumrah and Shami

Last edited by NPV : 21st February 2022 at 15:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks