Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2021, 19:11   #13276
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Team India squad for Paytm ODI series against England announced.

Team - Virat Kohli (Capt), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, Shreyas, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant (wk), KL Rahul (wk), Y Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Krunal Pandya, W Sundar, T Natarajan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Md. Siraj, Prasidh Krishna, Shardul Thakur. [/url]
That's a good selection. My prefered XI would be:
R Sharma
V Kohli
Suryakumar Yadav
S Iyer
R Pant
H Pandya
W Sundar
S Thakur
B Kumar
M Siraj
T Natrajan
Old 20th March 2021, 21:19   #13277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
One more loss to Kohli in toss. Do we have any stats on how bad Kohli is when it comes to winning the toss? I do not even remember when was the last time he won the majority of the tosses in a series?
What do you think Kohli should do? Go home and practice a million tosses?
There are a few things in this game well beyond your control.
1. Umpire’s soft signal
2. Toss
3. Third umpire’s decision

We have to live with it
Old 20th March 2021, 22:11   #13278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
What do you think Kohli should do? Go home and practice a million tosses?
May be, send a 'proxy' captain for toss? I do remember this happening earlier. So, may be, Kohli should think about this option?
Old 20th March 2021, 22:30   #13279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
May be, send a 'proxy' captain for toss? I do remember this happening earlier. So, may be, Kohli should think about this option?
I don’t know if you are serious or unaware about how coin tosses work.

A coin toss is not dependent on a person.
Old 21st March 2021, 10:09   #13280
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I think Kohli and the team management pulled a rabbit out of the hat with the team selection for the last T20I and for deciding to open with Rohit They did the right thing to strengthen the bowling attack so that 6 bowlers can share the workload and an off day for one of them can be offset easily. The fourth game was tad too close for comfort, Shardul held his nerve at the very end to give us the win in that game, but couple more bad balls/big blows could have meant a loss.

Kohli also led from the front, while being the patient anchor and playing second fiddle to Rohit and Surya who were in the aggression mode

Though he played superbly in the previous T20I series against Australia, it now looks like Rahul won't find it easy to make his way back to the playing XI, but that's how it is - he had his chances and didn't make much of them.

Last edited by NPV : 21st March 2021 at 10:10.
Old 21st March 2021, 10:34   #13281
BHPian

Rohit, Virat, Surya, Shreyas, Pant, Hardik, Jadeja seem to be the template for the WT20. With Bhuvi getting back to his best, Bhumrah to come supported by Natrajan and Shardul/Siraj, it's like a winning team already. For the first time in the last few years, England's T20 team is exposing their weakness. Stokes is wasted down at 6, Morgan needs to play few balls before he switched to T20 mode. A lot of concerns on their batting order. May be Morgan should do what Kohli did. He should open with Roy/Bairstow followed by Malan, Butler, Stokes.
Old 22nd March 2021, 00:36   #13282
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Going ahead with the T20 WC later, we have no choice but to go with the 6th bowling option, its a must when invariably one of your top 5 bowlers has a bad day! Bumrah,Bhuvi,Natarajan,Chahal,Jadeja,Hardik should be our 6 bowling options ideally.
Old 22nd March 2021, 02:53   #13283
Senior - BHPian

The pitch was tailor-made for Rohit and he made full use of it. In the end, England lost by 36 runs. 25 of those runs were saved by Bhuvi and deservedly received the MoM. England lost because their middle order didn't pick the slower ones from Indian bowlers. A point to poinder for England coach.

On Virat Kohli opening the batting, he has opened for RCB in a couple of seasons and moved back to his No 3 position.

PS: Did anyone notice, the game drifted towards India when Kohli was off the field? Happened in the 4th match and also in the 5th match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
A coin toss is not dependent on a person.
Then how Morgan can call what he wants, happened in 4 of 5 instances .
Old 22nd March 2021, 09:52   #13284
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
PS: Did anyone notice, the game drifted towards India when Kohli was off the field? Happened in the 4th match and also in the 5th match.
Very much noticed. Due to presence of Bhuvi/Rohit and absence of VK we won the match from loss. The way he is reacting to very young bowlers like Chahar, Washy, Nattu when they leak runs, shout at players for misfielding or not throwing at stumps when he himself misses an easy direct hit or a catch isn't going well at all. Worst was when he created scene when Buttler was caught. . I'm seeing him in team only as a batsman. The young Indian bowlers learn from players like Buttler quality and they are learning. So I feel that these youngsters aren't safe under him and the coach.

Last edited by KPR : 22nd March 2021 at 09:54.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:00   #13285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Team - Virat Kohli (Capt), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, Shreyas, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant (wk), KL Rahul (wk), Y Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Krunal Pandya, W Sundar, T Natarajan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Md. Siraj, Prasidh Krishna, Shardul Thakur.
Is Dhawan a going to get a place in next years 50 over WC? If not, we should start giving others opportunity. Need some experienced player opening in an important tournament like WC. Rahul is the only bet we can back. I see no one else taking that slot for WC.
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:26   #13286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Is Dhawan a going to get a place in next years 50 over WC? If not, we should start giving others opportunity. Need some experienced player opening in an important tournament like WC. Rahul is the only bet we can back. I see no one else taking that slot for WC.
I know the opinions are 'split' when it comes to Prithvi Shaw, especially considering his struggles in AUS. But he is quite young and had a stellar performance in recently concluded Vijay Hazare tourny. So, he should be given a chance along with Rahul.
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:59   #13287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post

True. We have seen this happening a lot with Mumbai Indians too. They have the knack of bringing back games when the other team is chasing. Rohit has got better control over bowlers I think. But then Kohli is the only one who has an assured place in all three formats. The moment Rohit cements his place on the test side, there will be pressure on Kohli to let go of captaincy. Kohli should take some lessons from MSD and Rohit about how to react when youngsters make mistakes.
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:37   #13288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Very much noticed. Due to presence of Bhuvi/Rohit and absence of VK we won the match from loss. The way he is reacting to very young bowlers like Chahar, Washy, Nattu when they leak runs, shout at players for misfielding or not throwing at stumps when he himself misses an easy direct hit or a catch isn't going well at all. Worst was when he created scene when Buttler was caught. . I'm seeing him in team only as a batsman. The young Indian bowlers learn from players like Buttler quality and they are learning. So I feel that these youngsters aren't safe under him and the coach.
I completely agree with what you have written. I still remember how Rohit handled the things in the 4th match also when the game was slipping away from us. I dread to imagine how Kohli would have reacted when Shardul got hit for 6 and then bowled those two wides in the last over.
Old 23rd March 2021, 05:03   #13289
Senior - BHPian

Jason Holder to WI is what Kapil Dev was to India a couple of decades ago.

The man has the Midas touch and is worth his weight in gold. What a great 5 wicket haul.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 07:08   #13290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Jason Holder to WI is what Kapil Dev was to India a couple of decades ago.

The man has the Midas touch and is worth his weight in gold. What a great 5 wicket haul.
After Ian Bishop, if anyone deserves to be called a gentle giant, it has to be Jason Holder. He is one of the most underrated and understated players in the world today. He is never in the limelight, but always does the job for his team. What a player!
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks