Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2019, 14:05   #11686
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

2. Chahal is over rated IMO. And with Kuldeep in, Chahal wasn't needed.
I think he is a terrific bowler. His statistics are very good. 71 wickets in 41 ODIs with an average of 24, a strike rate of 30 and an economy of 4.8. He is a great fielder as well. A complete rabbit with the bat which works against him. His IPL statistics are also extremely good. Always at the top section of the bowlers table or thereabouts for the last few seasons.

Kohli must play both Kuldeep and Chahal in the playing 11 unless it is an absolute seaming wicket. I think Kuldeep struggles a bit if he plays as the lone spinner or if he plays with Jadeja. They need to bowl as a pair.
Old 16th April 2019, 17:56   #11687
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Below is a tweet by Ambati Rayadu taking a dig at Selector MSK Prasad who had described Vijay Shankar as a 3D (3 Dimensional) player!

The Cricket Thread-d4rep9fvuaaw3ai.jpg
Old 16th April 2019, 19:20   #11688
Oxy
BHPian

Another back up fast bowler was needed, a hit the deck type. Ishant Sharma would have been ideal (in place of DK). When you have picked Rahul, what was the need of a back up keeper? DK isn't even a good keeper.

Shankar has potential, he can be good at number 4.

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Shankar
Dhoni
Rahul/Jadhav/DK
Pandya
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Chahal/Shami
Bumrah
Old 16th April 2019, 22:34   #11689
BHPian

(1) Shankar who has never batted 4 is supposed to start there? He seems an amazing player for getting 20s and 30s. Good luck, I think DK might replace him in the XI or MS/Jadhav will move up the order. I would have picked Raydu, he is a proper batsman, he hasn't had great form off late but we've seen him bat and he is to me the most suited of Indian batsmen at 4 if not for MSD.

(2) Jadeja was getting in the squad no matter what, just because he has more control in the middle overs, and considering its a long tournament, most expect the pitches to spin a bit. He would most likely start ahead of Chahal.

(3) I really wanted Pant as he seems to be the guy who has some X-Factor to him, he can be carefree and just go after bowlers; there really isn't anyone like him.

In the end, I would have loved Raydu in place of Shankar and Pant in place of KL. Some of the logic is stupid, KL Rahul as a backup opener, Shankar as a 3d a player! I mean that guy makes 20s and cannot bowl really. He is a good fielder though, but is that enough. This team has far too many players who play alike, specially in batting. It's tailor made for batting first and making 280 and chasing 270, the moment the chase is 320; we might find it tough.

Still, that's the team we've got and I hope I am wrong. I hope Shankar plays well because he has been given a big role.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 16th April 2019 at 22:39.
Old 17th April 2019, 00:22   #11690
Distinguished - BHPian

Felt Pant missed out. However, he lacks consistency but can win games single handed. Now getting the playing XI according to the pitch is key. Hope Ravi Shashtri does not have much say in it.
Old 17th April 2019, 07:08   #11691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Felt Pant missed out. However, he lacks consistency but can win games single handed. Now getting the playing XI according to the pitch is key. Hope Ravi Shashtri does not have much say in it.
In my opinion Pant is still a work in progress. His time will come for sure. Just not yet
Old 17th April 2019, 08:48   #11692
BHPian

Looks like most fans feel the same way.

- Pant should have been in the 15. He played well in Aus and is an X factor which will be handy during big run chases or to go after the bowling when wickets are in hand. I really hope selectors, senior players have a word with him to keep his morale high.

- Jadeja getting picked is really a surprise for me. I wouldn't call him an all rounder, atleast in English conditions.

- Rahul/ DK doesn't make sense, either one of them can be backup for Dhoni. If Pant was in, this question wouldn't arise in the first place.

- Investing in Vijay is good, World cup is not the tournament for this though.
Old 17th April 2019, 08:58   #11693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Below is a tweet by Ambati Rayadu taking a dig at Selector MSK Prasad who had described Vijay Shankar as a 3D (3 Dimensional) player!
This is unfortunate. Whatever his grievance, the team needs to stand as one, not openly take digs at each other. Rahane, Dhoni and Kohli have all even carried water for the team when they have been rested for matches. That's team spirit.

And anyway Rayudu has only himself to blame for not being selected. A few months ago, he had the public backing of one of the more influential captains of the Indian team, so from there if he lost the chance, it was only because of his performances.

Well, I have even less sympathy for Rayudu after this. Good that he was dropped if this is his attitude.
Old 17th April 2019, 10:09   #11694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
And anyway Rayudu has only himself to blame for not being selected. A few months ago, he had the public backing of one of the more influential captains of the Indian team, so from there if he lost the chance, it was only because of his performances.

Well, I have even less sympathy for Rayudu after this. Good that he was dropped if this is his attitude.
Even I thought his tweet was a bit out of place and cheeky. It was not as if he were setting the stage on fire with every innings. He has squandered away so many chances in the recent past. If even after those performances in the past few months if he was thinking automatic selection, that was arrogant in my opinion.
Old 17th April 2019, 11:26   #11695
BHPian

Quote:

His tweet reflects his team-spirit.
Selectors may feel more justified in dropping him after this episode.
Old 17th April 2019, 11:26   #11696
BHPian

Quote:
I disagree. I don't have a problem with his statement or attitude. Unfortunately, it may have closed the doors of his selection in the future. Unless he's already decided to retire.
Old 17th April 2019, 14:50   #11697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
I disagree. I don't have a problem with his statement or attitude. Unfortunately, it may have closed the doors of his selection in the future. Unless he's already decided to retire.
I work hard to the best of my ability for the entire year.
unfortunately the results are not that great to show on paper.
My manager doesn't give me a promotion I'm expecting.
Instead he gives it to a new joinee who has impressed my manager.
I don't talk to my manager or keep quiet but I take to facebook/twitter and post my dissatisfaction and write a cheeky message about this... What will possibly happen?

Rayudu's situation is somewhat similar
Old 17th April 2019, 18:07   #11698
BHPian

It's cheeky, it's witty. It's Funny also.
I never expected to find someone as witty in the current team.

Why split hairs on it.
What will happen to him?
I am sure has has taken cognizance before posting it.
Old 17th April 2019, 18:18   #11699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post

His tweet reflects his team-spirit.
Selectors may feel more justified in dropping him after this episode.
This has nothing to do with team spirit, if so remember what Kohli did to Kumble or how Dhoni once commented on Lakshman.
Old 17th April 2019, 19:48   #11700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post

Attachment 1868638
Come on guys!! Just see the humor in it and move on. We don't need to judge Rayudu on his tweet. I believe Rayudu is more upset than anyone with regard to the team selection. He has the right to express his view, which he has. If Shankar doesn't deliver, AR will have the last laugh!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks