Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2017, 18:24   #9631
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

If they had integrity, the Lanka Board would surrender the Test by refusing to play - batting today while the air turned worse than it was yesterday undermined what they did yesterday.

Only overseas folk can call a spade a spade; we, including BCCI and our players, haven't the gumption to do so, and have become the frogs that will boil to death without protest as long as the water temperature is gradually increased.

I read today that Nehra has relocated outside of Delhi because of the air quality issue - no idea if the report is factual, but it could easily be so.
Old 4th December 2017, 18:39   #9632
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely. Blaming SL or its players for what happened yesterday is incorrect.

Quote:
Only overseas folk can call a spade a spade
Not very easy for a small board to go against the might of BCCI.
Old 4th December 2017, 18:46   #9633
Senior - BHPian

As hard as it is for the BCCI and our players to go against the might of GOI. And so it goes...till we die natural deaths that are not natural in better administered countries.

Over to cricket.
Old 4th December 2017, 18:46   #9634
Team-BHP Support

+1 what Eddy said. BCCI can easily make life difficult for anyone who dares cross them. It sounds ridiculous, but the amount of clout BCCI has in world cricket is what's actually ridiculous.

Slightly I've lived in Delhi in the past, and have in-laws there now who I usually visit in the winter. Last year, my allergies were triggered bad enough that it took me 6 months and several courses of medication to get back to normal, and I skipped this year's visit altogether.

I wouldn't wish a smoggy Delhi winter on my worst enemy.
Old 4th December 2017, 20:32   #9635
BHPian

Finally a good session for England and a great spell by Anderson. Aus still ahead and should win this. Lyon will be key for Aus.
Old 5th December 2017, 07:00   #9636
Senior - BHPian

Shami on pollution:
""Yes, pollution is an aspect that we seriously need to think about. But what has been portrayed (by Sri Lanka), it wasn't to that extent also. Also it could be a factor that we are more used to (pollution) it and our ability to adjust is much more compared to them," Shami said.
But the speedster did mention that one needs to get to the root of the problem and solve it.
"I think we need to check what is the reason for this pollution and try to minimise it. Look we are used to suffering from all these problems," Shami replied with a smile."

As long as we can smile about it because we are used to it, job done as far as our rulers are concerned.

Folks in Delhi may as well enjoy the benefits of smoking as well; they are used to bad air anyway by having adjusted to it.

Why should things ever improve if we dole out free passes to perpetrators of a shortening of natural lives?

Last edited by Sawyer : 5th December 2017 at 07:01.
Old 5th December 2017, 11:03   #9637
Distinguished - BHPian

With Australia 138 All out in their 2nd innings, England need 354 runs to win in around 154 overs. Series will be really interesting if they do so

Meanwhile India have not been able to get runs at a pace they would've liked to. They should at least score 200 in their second inning to declare and have a go at the Lankans
Old 5th December 2017, 12:54   #9638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
With Australia 138 All out in their 2nd innings, England need 354 runs to win in around 154 overs. Series will be really interesting if they do so
Yeah, finally some fight from Eng. Good for the game.
We were chasing similar target 3 yrs ago at the same venue. That century from Kohli is one of the best and again it was Lyon taking majority of the wickets.
Old 5th December 2017, 12:57   #9639
Team-BHP Support

With Cook gone, it is going to be a difficult chase for England.

If they do make it somehow, it will be epic !!
Old 5th December 2017, 14:27   #9640
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

With another low score in the second innings of this Test against Sri Lanka, I guess Rahane will be on the possible list of batsmen to miss out on the South Africa series ?
Old 5th December 2017, 14:43   #9641
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I guess Rahane will be on the possible list of batsmen to miss out on the South Africa series ?
Less chances of that happening. Rahane has a better record in foreign conditions than at home, which is a bit surprising!
Looks like India will go in with 6 frontline batsman which is a safer option. I would like to see Pandya in the 11 as 5th bowler, the lone spinner in SA will find it difficult to get too many wickets.
Surprised with the exclusion of Kuldeep Yadav for the SA tests, thought he would have had more purchase on SA pitches than our 2 finger spinners.
Old 5th December 2017, 14:57   #9642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Less chances of that happening. Rahane has a better record in foreign conditions than at home, which is a bit surprising!
Looks like India will go in with 6 frontline batsman which is a safer option. I would like to see Pandya in the 11 as 5th bowler,

Squad to South Africa announced yesterday.

http://m.cricbuzz.com/amp/cricket-ne...-africa-series
Old 5th December 2017, 15:05   #9643
Team-BHP Support

No chance, he will definitely start the series in the 11. He's been our best overseas batsman for a while. Hope he gets his mojo back soon.
Old 5th December 2017, 16:40   #9644
Distinguished - BHPian

India need 7 wickets to win
England need 178 runs to win
Australia need 6 wickets to win

2 out of the above three will turn into reality tomorrow.
Old 5th December 2017, 16:49   #9645
Senior - BHPian

The combination of Adelaide and the day night concept has brought another very interesting variable in the mix: bowling in the last session, and preferably with the new ball.

Smith probably missed a trick by letting go of that opportunity yesterday by not enforcing the follow on.

Most Viewed