Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2011, 11:04   #6346
BANNED

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
If you rate DBV above Azhar, then you got to rate SM too among these top lists, he was also one of the best until he went to Australia much the same as our own colonel, in fact our colonel got hit on his head playing in India, please do not say that it is because he was brave enough to play without a helmet.
DBV was outstanding in England. I would consider DBV's hundreds in England to be best 100's scored by any Indian in England ever. All of them came on difficult pitches against good attacks.
Old 26th November 2011, 11:18   #6347
Team-BHP Support

In other news, WI were all out for 134 this morning. Ojha bagged 6 wickets and Ashwin nearly managed another 5-fer, ended up with 4! From an overnight score of 81/2, WI have managed to collapse to 134 in dramatic fashion.

India needs 243 to win with a minimum of 64 overs left in the days play (2 sessions)

India: 5/0 in 0.2 overs.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th November 2011 at 11:23.
Old 26th November 2011, 13:16   #6348
BHPian

150 from 46 overs @ 3.2 RPO we are looking at a Whitewash here. If Sehwag stays then the match could be over with 20 overs to spare
Old 26th November 2011, 14:20   #6349
Team-BHP Support

95 runs to get in the last session, with 6 wickets remaining. Laxman and Kohli look steady at the moment. And with Dhoni and Ashwin yet to come, I believe India can win this. All we need is a 100 run partnership, and Laxman has been in similar situations before
Old 26th November 2011, 14:55   #6350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
if that's not greatness I'm sorry I don't know what it is
Definitely not comparing Sachin with Dravid here. Both have their own techniques and Sachin is really great and we love him for sure.
Our point was that Dravids game being overshadowed by Sachins game which is true. Any serious follower would say that.

By the way, the videos were bringing some of the great times in game .
Old 26th November 2011, 15:00   #6351
Team-BHP Support

Laxman gone. 77 to get from 23 overs with 5 wickets left.

It's looking a bit tight now.
Old 26th November 2011, 15:24   #6352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Laxman gone.
Bit of Ramayan, Laxman c Bharath b Ram (VVS Laxman c AB Barath b R Rampaul)

Last edited by msdivy : 26th November 2011 at 15:25.
Old 26th November 2011, 15:28   #6353
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Bit of Ramayan, Laxman c Bharath b Ram (VVS Laxman c AB Barath b R Rampaul)
I see another Cric-Info follower.

56 to win now, from 16 odd overs. Quite possible. But Dhoni and Kohli need to be there right till the very end! They must not leave it to Ashwin and the tail.

So MOM predictions? I think it's an easy one. It will be Ravichandran Ashwin. 5-wicket haul in the first innings, and then getting a century when the team required it the most, and then finishing off the WI 2nd innings with a 4-fer.

I wonder what's stopping Sammy from putting himself on to bowl. He got Dhoni out the previous time, and Sehwag too. Loss in confidence, perhaps?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th November 2011 at 15:30.
Old 26th November 2011, 15:45   #6354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturalist View Post
Definitely not comparing Sachin with Dravid here. Both have their own techniques and Sachin is really great and we love him for sure.
Our point was that Dravids game being overshadowed by Sachins game which is true. Any serious follower would say that.

By the way, the videos were bringing some of the great times in game .
I don't agree on that point there

The jobless media is doing that and any serious Cricket lover would know how valuable Dravid is to the team. It was extremely painful to see him struggle after giving up the captaincy due to a fall out with selection committee led by Vengsarkar. And now I'm really happy to see him do what he knows best - Scoring runs by the Tons and being India's ever reliable pillar.
Old 26th November 2011, 17:57   #6355
PPS
Senior - BHPian

What a match! Never thought the match would be so exciting. And the end result - Draw.
I think our team should be disappointed with the result. It was smart on the part of Ashwin on the second last ball to defend it. But again we could have been a bit ruthless & gone for a win. Aaron trying to be hero in the last over by looking to play shots & not for singles made the match more exciting!
Old 26th November 2011, 19:32   #6356
Team-BHP Support

It was indeed a great match. Would have loved to see a 3-0, especially after the way we came back in the match. let's face it, it was WI's game for 3 and a half days. I like Ashwin's spirit. He has a very level head and is a cool customer. After some experience, he could be a good candidate for the captain's post.

Finally an all-rounder. We have been looking for one, for sometime now.

A certain Mr. H. Singh should be worried. Let's hope he takes some inspiration from this and hope 2012 will be a better year for him. A spin-combination of these guys could be ruthless. Aaron has proved to be promising, and it's good to see Ishant bending his back and not taking matters lightly.

Umesh Yadav is another great find. So it looks like our bowling department has been sorted, somewhat.

Kohli shouldn't lose heart. He played really well, scoring half-centuries in both innings. His fielding has been sloppy though. He certainly requires more exposure in test-matches, and he seems to have found a more-or-less permanent place in the test-side now.
Old 26th November 2011, 20:25   #6357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A certain Mr. H. Singh should be worried. Let's hope he takes some inspiration from this and hope 2012 will be a better year for him.
He certainly would be, after being ignored for the Australia tour along with his balle balle friend Yuvraj. But I think bajji will be brought back for the ODIs.
Old 26th November 2011, 20:50   #6358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
He certainly would be, after being ignored for the Australia tour along with his balle balle friend Yuvraj. But I think bajji will be brought back for the ODIs.
I hope he is not, especially after seeing the way the 2 spinners bowled today. Cant recall the last time bajji had the opponents on the mat.

On a different note, it was heartbreaking to see India draw this match. Cant fathom the way Ashwin went about the last couple of overs. A victory was definitely on the cards.
Old 26th November 2011, 22:10   #6359
BANNED

Quote:
Kohli shouldn't lose heart. He played really well, scoring half-centuries in both innings. His fielding has been sloppy though. He certainly requires more exposure in test-matches, and he seems to have found a more-or-less permanent place in the test-side now.
Anyone who watched him play in the test matches played in WI will know that he will be a sitting duck in Australia.
Old 26th November 2011, 22:17   #6360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Anyone who watched him play in the test matches played in WI will know that he will be a sitting duck in Australia.
No, he will not, he could be a walking duck sir. But seriously, I believe that kid has some stuff and he WILL learn, that is what will make him great someday, if not in tests at least in LOIs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks