Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2007, 20:05   #2341
BHPian

what was wrong with the wicket? I saw pretty much the whole thing .. did i miss something?
Old 26th December 2007, 20:17   #2342
Team-BHP Support

Just their bit of playing psychological games, nothing else.

Btw, I think that its good that we didnt get the last wicket. Let the Aussies play for half an hour tmrw morning. That would ensure that we dont face the new ball in first half hour of play.
Old 26th December 2007, 20:26   #2343
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Just their bit of playing psychological games, nothing else.

Btw, I think that its good that we didnt get the last wicket. Let the Aussies play for half an hour tmrw morning. That would ensure that we dont face the new ball in first half hour of play.
Its all about mind games and just coz they had a hard day at work they wanna make the Indians feel that the pitch is acting weird . They must be thinking that it might work on the Indians minds and have them double minded when they come out tom and hope we don't prove them right .

As for the last wicket not going could really be a blessing in disguise as it would have been double pressure if we had batted at the fag end of the day and lost a wicket or two !! But wish they hadn't let these guys score the extra 25 runs that the last pair has added .... get them cheaply half and hour after play starts without giving them too many runs .

By the time we wake up tomorrow we will know wether its gonna be a good game by Day 5 or not , I wake up at 5 to watch it

GO INDIA GO !!
Old 26th December 2007, 20:35   #2344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
By the time we wake up tomorrow we will know wether its gonna be a good game by Day 5 or not , I wake up at 5 to watch it

GO INDIA GO !!
Yes, nothing beats watching an Indo-Aus test match early morning in a rajai with a hot steaming cup of tea.

And the ice on the cake: India doing well. Dravid blocking one end and Sachin flowing from the other. Alas.........................
Old 26th December 2007, 20:39   #2345
rks
BANNED

I am glad that Yuvraj made it to the Test team at last. The move to drop Karthik is justified as he ran out of form in the last few games, and Dravid should be able to open without much of a fuss (he has been virtually opening anyway in most of the Test matches). Now I hope a way can be found to fit in Pathan as all-rounder. He scored a century in his last Test match and can pick up useful wickets when the ball swings and seams around.

It is a good achievement to get the Aussies below 400 in the first innings of a Test match; this has happened very rarely in recent times as per my recollection. Let us see how our batsmen cope with the bounce, pace and movement on Australian pitches. Most of our batsmen do not enjoy these conditions and Ganguly for sure will not have an easy time with his loose technique outside the offstump.
Old 26th December 2007, 21:57   #2346
BHPian

Guys how come Bhajji was selected in place of a seamer? Is the track expected to turn. Couldn't wake up early enough for the pitch report.
Old 26th December 2007, 22:01   #2347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Guys how come Bhajji was selected in place of a seamer? Is the track expected to turn. Couldn't wake up early enough for the pitch report.
They didnt want another left arm seamer (pathan). Did not have enough confidence in the two right arm seamers ( sharma and pankaj). So they chose whatever was left.

Read somewhere that they are planning to send an SOS to Munaf, of all people. That would be the most stupid move ever, IMO.
Old 26th December 2007, 22:03   #2348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
and Ganguly for sure will not have an easy time with his loose technique outside the offstump.
I would pay big time to see you eat your words, Mr. Scientist.
Old 26th December 2007, 22:16   #2349
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I wouldn't mind eating my words, I would be quite happy if Ganguly does well. But one should not let emotions rule over over the head, which can clearly see that Ganguly's habit of waving his bat outside the offstump will get him into trouble on the bouncier pitches in Australia. Instead of the ball going through the covers as on Inidan pitches, he will find that it goes more often in the air to the slips/gully/point region, where the field is sure to be packed with expectant Aussies. The Aussies with Lee, Johnson and Clark, have a strong seam attack and will surely try to exploit Ganguly's well-known weaknesses against the short-pitched stuff.
Old 26th December 2007, 22:29   #2350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Quote:
I wouldn't mind eating my words,

So, you can pay me now steer.
Old 27th December 2007, 00:09   #2351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
Now I hope a way can be found to fit in Pathan as all-rounder. He scored a century in his last Test match and can pick up useful wickets when the ball swings and seams around.
rks - I really do not understand why you say Pathan is an all-rounder or he swings the ball.

These days he is a batsman who can bowl a bit as a change bowler while the other main bowlers take a breather. And his swing seems to have deserted him big time as has his pace.
Old 27th December 2007, 01:30   #2352
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
rks - I really do not understand why you say Pathan is an all-rounder or he swings the ball.

These days he is a batsman who can bowl a bit as a change bowler while the other main bowlers take a breather. And his swing seems to have deserted him big time as has his pace.

He is a fifth bowling option rather than a full fledged bowler. Just can't see him breaking into the playing 11 now.
Old 27th December 2007, 01:45   #2353
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

I think Pathan can be used as a fourth or fifth bowler. On Indian pitches, you cannot expect fast bowlers to be very effective and this was true of all Indian and Pakistani pacemen. We have not yet seen him on more repsonive pitches. If he can continue to contribute with the bat, he will be an asset to the team.
Old 27th December 2007, 01:49   #2354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think Pathan can be used as a fourth or fifth bowler. On Indian pitches, you cannot expect fast bowlers to be very effective and this was true of all Indian and Pakistani pacemen. We have not yet seen him on more repsonive pitches. If he can continue to contribute with the bat, he will be an asset to the team.
Fifth: Yes. But when has India gone in with 5 bowlers against a major opposition ?
Fourth: No way. Not on his current form with the ball.
Old 27th December 2007, 10:44   #2355
BANNED

BAD MORNING ..... Sachin showed a lil class but didn't last long enough !!

Ganguly is proving rks wrong :-) ... He and Kumble have a sweet lil partnership going . Not that we can expect them to do anything drastic but then Kumble's determination might add a twist in here . Praying that they do something BIG .. !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks