Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2007, 17:22   #2191
BHPian

To sum this one up, I feel Rahul bhai has been dealt with in a very unprofessional manner..but Im sure he will be waiting to get his critics silenced by just letting his bat do ALL the talking
Old 31st October 2007, 18:17   #2192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Same lobby had projected Agarkar as all-rounder when he still had to prove his capability as bowler.
How true, what kinda allrounder is he? The guy should never find a place back in the Indian team. He has been give a zillion chances and he hardly, if ever, delivers.
Old 31st October 2007, 18:43   #2193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Dravid is a class act and very shortly India will need him as he still is the most solid guy when you are 2 wickets down in the first 2 overs
As we invariably would be against a strong pace attack. Helps to have 5 opening batsmen, 2 of them will click every match. thats the reason, vengsarkar did not want dravid's solidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
This Bombay lobby in the BCCI is back to work and just when we thought we were over the regional politics in the selection process or the personal ego battles .
But there is no quality player from bombay, so it wont be surprising if agarkar & rohan gavaskar are drafted into the team for australia.
Old 31st October 2007, 21:25   #2194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
But there is no quality player from bombay, so it wont be surprising if agarkar & rohan gavaskar are drafted into the team for australia.
Rohan Gavaskar played for Bengal and now ICL.

But they still might pick him
Old 31st October 2007, 21:45   #2195
Senior - BHPian

Rahul Dravid was more of the able, dependable Lieutenant than the mercurial Leader. He was the ideal foil to Ganguly.

He would've been the last person to have to be ASKED to step down, unlike several others who have outlived their utility to the team and still continue to hang on and hanker for posts and batting slots like spoilt little children.

Those that want to lead the team should bravely step forward and ASK for it, not wait to be called up and then pretend that its a burden they have to 'consider', as though they are doing someone a favour.

Dravid is a victim of petty regional politics. The same rotten politics thats keeping the careers of some others 'alive' on life support.
Old 31st October 2007, 21:57   #2196
Senior - BHPian

All these politics that have crept into the game seem to have made a mockery of the sport. Seems more like a money making chance. I wonder i any of the other teams deal with such a high level of vulgar politics.
Ours is a zone where talent is crap,money & power is everything.
Old 31st October 2007, 23:32   #2197
BANNED

Just in:
2009 ICC Twenty20 cricket World Championships in England, T20 World Cup: India get easy draw

Groups:
Group A: India, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe
Group B: Pakistan, England, Associate 1
Group C: Australia, Sri Lanka, West Indies
Group D: New Zealand, South Africa, Associate 2.

Super 8 berth assured for India !!!
Old 1st November 2007, 00:01   #2198
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
All these politics that have crept into the game seem to have made a mockery of the sport. Seems more like a money making chance. I wonder i any of the other teams deal with such a high level of vulgar politics.
Ours is a zone where talent is crap,money & power is everything.

Nitin , politics in cricket has existed for a very long time ... you can trace it back to the 70's atleast if not farther . That time it was about the zone and Bombay always felt they had the birth right to have the max number of players but that changed when Kapil Dev emerged as a star and there were moves to curtail his career at an early stage but somehow the so called lobby didn't succeed in doing so .

And now with loads of money coming into cricket , politics has taken a totally new meaning and it aint just about zonal selection but egos of former cricketers , politicians , etc etc . Players who could never manage even the simplest of tasks are now out there being experts -- that too in the deptt that they were miserable in . Maninder Singh on how to play a fast bowler on the front foot , Rohan Gavaskar on how to play a long innings and rotating the strike regularly , Bishan Singh Bedi on how cricketers should behave , and so on . Of the field the cricket is a dirty game --- on the field is what saves it a little bit .

Cheers
Old 1st November 2007, 00:19   #2199
Senior - BHPian

You are right,Khaadu. Politics in cricket did exist in the 70's..its just the way its gotten here thats baffling.
Anyway,I hope we begin to perform as a team,no matter who the playing 11 are. A few trophies to talk about,would be nice too.
Old 1st November 2007, 09:24   #2200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Just in:
2009 ICC Twenty20 cricket World Championships in England, T20 World Cup: India get easy draw

Groups:
Group A: India, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe
Group B: Pakistan, England, Associate 1
Group C: Australia, Sri Lanka, West Indies
Group D: New Zealand, South Africa, Associate 2.

Super 8 berth assured for India !!!
Lets put it this way. Chances of a super 8 berth for India are high. With India you never know!
Old 1st November 2007, 09:37   #2201
BANNED

But, Yuvraj might have the last laugh Deepika Padukone spotted with cricketer Yuvraj Singh! : Bollywood News : ApunKaChoice.Com

Some gossip IndianPad / Yuvraj pips Dhoni for Deepika
Quote:
Its well known secret that Yuvy was not happy about not becoming captain.. but strangely he has taken his revenge over his new captain by going out late night with Glam Sham Deepika..
Interesting times ahead ...
Quote:
Some interesting read Deepika says 'yes' to Dhoni
Old 1st November 2007, 11:01   #2202
BANNED

Diabloo , You really me .. I mean where do you get time to follow the bull **** gossip of these Pg 3 items and so on ??? As long as they both stay happy and keep making India win , i don't care even if they plan to have a three some ....

But can we not let the cricketers off the field activities change the way we think ... onfield is what matters for me .

Cheers
Old 1st November 2007, 11:08   #2203
BHPian

Quote:
ROFL!

Seriously where did you get this gossip from??
Old 5th November 2007, 13:03   #2204
BHPian

I am surprised, no one posted about today's match here!

India just lost SRT (who still wants to hear the bat hitting the ball or some crap like that!).

What do you guys think? Who's gonna win today?
Old 5th November 2007, 13:41   #2205
Senior - BHPian

Akthar was unlucky to miss Gambhir wicket for consecutive ***** and worst thing is that both of them went for 4's in the slip cordon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks