Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2024, 22:45   #17686
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Meanwhile, Pakistan is bullying England in the Multan test.

The scoreboard reads 203/1 as I type. They are going at a run rate of 4.8. Incredible turnaround considering they lost to Bangladesh at home last month.
I won't call it a turnaround if you look at the pitch which Stevn Finn has described as 'carpet laid in a living room'. Also this is one of the weakest England attacks I have seen. Pak cricket is going down the drain because of these flat pitches and administration is still clueless and hell bent on making pitches for draws. I hope England does some Bazball Shenanigans when they bat and get Pak under pressure in second innings.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2024, 12:43   #17687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Clearly the term 'pecking order' is used & abused as per the team management's fancy.
That might very well be the case, but it could be a good thing if guys like Mayank, Varun & Abhishek are backed. Harshit will also get his chance fingers crossed. Bishnoi has been found out by most teams now, unless he can turn his leg spinners, it would be tough for him to make a comeback.

Meanwhile, I've fallen into the rabbit hole that is Pakistan Cricket youtube. It's basically ex pakistani cricketers and random "kirkit" experts going on often funny rants against their own team and falling over each other to praise the Indian cricket team. Guess they know where the bigger market for views is
Old 9th October 2024, 15:28   #17688
BHPian

What a flat pitch at Multan, keeping its legacy alive where our Viru smashed 300+ and Sachin was deprived of his double century. And currently England cruising at 5 RPO in a test match with Root past century having cramps and only 8 boundaries to his name, shows how dead the pitch is, Can England go past 700, that would turn this match worth watching.

With all the hoopla of having the finest pace battery in the world, they keep on producing the flattest pata wickets just to save their face, in turn they are damaging their own cricket. Anil Kumble wrecked them in the 2nd innings on last day I guess, Let's see now what demons the pitch has on 5th day.

I'm sure Pakistan won't stop to surprise us.

Damn, how boring and long it would be for umpires.
NomadSK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2024, 09:44   #17689
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I won't call it a turnaround if you look at the pitch which Stevn Finn has described as 'carpet laid in a living room'. Also this is one of the weakest England attacks I have seen. Pak cricket is going down the drain because of these flat pitches and administration is still clueless and hell bent on making pitches for draws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
What a flat pitch at Multan,
They want to make it easy for Root to go past Sachin Tendulkar
Old 10th October 2024, 14:05   #17690
BHPian

And here's Brooks 300.

What a DUD test match so far. Either England should go for breaking records, Lara's 400 under threat, or Pakistan should surprise the audience like me to keep entertained.

Also, the pitch curator should be hired by BMC to make Mumbai roads.

Edit - At mammoth 779/5, still no declaration in sight, seems they are going for records.

Last edited by NomadSK : 10th October 2024 at 14:10.
Old 10th October 2024, 14:44   #17691
Distinguished - BHPian

Both Brook and Root have been dismissed, while England’s total has swelled way past 800. It’s been a long time since these many runs were scored in a Test innings. Given that wickets have fallen in a cluster, there is a real possibility that England can win this. 10 wickets to get in the last five sessions is doable. Pakistani batters will be under extreme pressure to avoid another home loss.

Eng have declared at 823 for 7, with a lead of 267. Saving this will be a tall ask for Pakistan.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 10th October 2024 at 14:48.
Old 10th October 2024, 15:23   #17692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Eng have declared at 823 for 7, with a lead of 267. Saving this will be a tall ask for Pakistan.
At tea already a wicket down and few dropped catches, doesn't look Pakistan will keep it boring.
Old 10th October 2024, 17:24   #17693
BHPian

Pakistan 5 down as I type. Trust Pakistan to be capable of anything.I think England are taking the match.

Cheers
Old 10th October 2024, 17:37   #17694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
Pakistan 5 down as I type. Trust Pakistan to be capable of anything.I think England are taking the match.
If Pakistan do go on to lose this match, and it sure looks that way, it still will not be the highest first innings score after which a team goes on to lose the match. That was Bangladesh's 595/8d vs NZ in Wellington, in 2017.

However, an interesting (somewhat) fact, their 556 could be the 3rd instance of a team scoring 556 in either innings, and losing.

(Source: https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...m;view=innings)

Last edited by am1m : 10th October 2024 at 17:47.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2024, 17:49   #17695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
If Pakistan do go on to lose this match, and it sure looks that way, it still will not be the highest first innings score after which a team goes on to lose the match. That was Bangladesh's 595/8d vs NZ in Wellington, in 2017.
With Pak already having lost 6 wickets, I guess it could very well be the highest first innings score after which a team goes on to lose by an innings.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2024, 09:11   #17696
BHPian

It is really tough to listen to Murali Karthik's commentary and post match interviews.
It feels so irritating to listen to him, even while watching the highlights.
I don't know if there is a mechanism where the listeners can give the feedback?
kavensri is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2024, 22:07   #17697
BHPian

Absolutely brutal batting display by India. Sanju finally delivers when he got a full series with backing by the captain and coach. Delighted to watch him in full flow. He can be a perfect replacement for Rohit I believe.
Asish_VK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2024, 13:21   #17698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
...Sanju can be a perfect replacement for Rohit I believe.
I don't know if you are being sarcastic but the gap between Samson and Rohit is the same as the one between Babar and Kohli
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2024, 13:32   #17699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
I don't know if you are being sarcastic but the gap between Samson and Rohit is the same as the one between Babar and Kohli
“Can be” vs “will be”
With Rohit now retired, he can be a good replacement as an opener partnering with YJ. Other options are Gill, Abhishek Sharma, Ruturaj and Ishan.
Old 14th October 2024, 14:14   #17700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Not being sarcastic and not intending a fan fight.

I hope you remember the trolls and backlash ("Talent", "Sharmaji ka beta") Rohit got during his initial years. He was considered an inconsistent player with bucket loads of talent. With a long rope of opportunity and backing from team, he became the Rohit we know now (Obviously he had the talent too).

Sanju too was / is in the same situation now. He got the talent and ability to play all the shots and shine at least in the shorter format of the game. Only thing Sanju have against him is the so called "inconsistency". But again that's something to be looked objectively. If he had got the support and backing of extended run like Rohit (in his initial days), Pant & Gill etc got, he could've been a permanent name in Indian team by now.

Last edited by Asish_VK : 14th October 2024 at 14:18.
Asish_VK is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks