Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2023, 15:41   #16591
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

CWC Qualifiers:
The Dutch have reduced SL from 180/3 to 190/7 in the finals.

Few of their regulars are away playing county cricket and would strengthen them further come the World Cup.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 20:13   #16592
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Never underestimate the great tendency to self destruct by England. Root and Stokes will be key cos only they can curb the Bazball instincts if needed.
England managed a win without too much drama at the end, despite losing Root and Stokes. Harry Brook played a nice, crucial knock;Woakes and Wood took them home
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 00:21   #16593
BHPian

There are reports of Rahul Dravid been sacked in favour of a foreign head coach by BCCI. As per the report, Dravid to be replaced before the CWC 2023. Good or bad news? Never thought I would say this, but for the first time Dravid has disappointed me, never as a player but as a coach.
VWAllstar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 01:20   #16594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
There are reports of Rahul Dravid been sacked in favour of a foreign head coach by BCCI. As per the report, Dravid to be replaced before the CWC 2023. Good or bad news? Never thought I would say this, but for the first time Dravid has disappointed me, never as a player but as a coach.
It will be fantastic if true, but I doubt the timing of it. Before a home WC?

What is the source of this information?
Old 10th July 2023, 06:08   #16595
BHPian

Rahul Dravid was not good with the senior(s) team, always felt out of place, as much he was successful with the chokras (under 19) team.
Old 10th July 2023, 08:00   #16596
BHPian

Quote:
As per the report, Dravid to be replaced before the CWC 2023.
Could you post the source please?

Even without knowing the details, I would say it’s almost impossible that the BCCI would replace him just before the series against West Indies or indeed before the World Cup which is a few months away. I would gladly see the back of Dravid (the coach). He has been underwhelming to say the least.

Last edited by pandey.jai : 10th July 2023 at 08:01.
Old 10th July 2023, 08:24   #16597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Could you post the source please?
Below is one of the article from 8th July. There are few more. However, I feel these are fan's feelings/ contemplation which the editor is mentioning. Dravid is in spot for the underwhelming performance of the team and post his best buddy Dada not being the president, high chances he could be replaced. Timing would be the key, dont think any change before CWC would happen.

Personally would prefer someone like Fleming, Ponting or Langer to be given a chance.

https://https://cricketaddictor.com/cricket-news/bcci-to-hire-a-foreign-head-coach-for-team-india-as-rahul-dravid-ready-to-be-sacked-before-icc-world-cup-2023/#:~:text=Cultural%20Diversity%3A-,BCCI%20To%20Hire%20A%20Foreign%20Head%20Coach%20F or%20Team%20India,to%20victory%20in%20important%20 competitions.
Old 10th July 2023, 09:40   #16598
BHPian

Quote:
Below is one of the article from 8th July. There are few more. However, I feel these are fan's feelings/ contemplation which the editor is mentioning. Dravid is in spot for the underwhelming performance of the team and post his best buddy Dada not being the president, high chances he could be replaced. Timing would be the key, dont think any change before CWC would happen.
I checked the article. It’s just an opinion piece (a poorly written one at that). I don’t think there’s any serious talk of Dravid being replaced.
If I recall, his contract is till the end of the World Cup, so beyond the World Cup, I’m sure the team will have a new coach.
Old 10th July 2023, 10:01   #16599
BHPian

I am still skeptical about the role of head coach in cricket setup. Unlike in football where first team coach calls the shots, the role of coach in cricketing world is entirely different and miniscule. The power lies with the captain. So replacing Dravid and having Fleming or Ponting won't make any difference. The only exception I can think of is McCullum with his "Bazball" but again England were already playing that kind of cricket in ODI's and translated that to test cricket. Apart from England I don't see any other teams where coach is of that significance.

Unless there is certain brand of cricket we want to play and the incoming coach is known for implementing that brand it won't make any difference in my opinion.

Last edited by Revvatron : 10th July 2023 at 10:02.
Revvatron is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 13:37   #16600
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are reports of Rahul Dravid been sacked in favour of a foreign head coach by BCCI.
Don't see this happening at all! His contract is till the end of WC & I doubt he'll seek a renewal of his contract. Along with him the Batting Coach & Fielding Coach also need to be sacked!
Old 11th July 2023, 21:40   #16601
BHPian

The new test jersey has been unveiled. It definitely looks weird and the internet is having a field day
Looks less like a test jersey and more like ODI/T20. Not to mention that bright odd colour combinations
Attached Thumbnails
The Cricket Thread-screenshot_20230711213721__01.jpg  

Last edited by Revvatron : 11th July 2023 at 21:41.
Revvatron is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 07:43   #16602
BHPian

The new jersey looks in very poor taste for a test jersey. But what’s happening with Rohit Sharma? He looks to have shed a lot of kilos. Is that the real him or is it the photoshop effect?
Old 12th July 2023, 11:47   #16603
BHPian

Jaiswal is to debut as an opener and Gill is to play at 3. Looks exciting. But does this mean this is the definitive end of the road for Pujara?
Old 12th July 2023, 15:02   #16604
BHPian

I never thought one can destroy the looks of a Test jersey since it is just white and not many colours are allowed. But Adidas and BCCI somehow achieved that.
Old 12th July 2023, 16:56   #16605
Distinguished - BHPian

Even worse is BCCI agreeing for a betting company to be an official sponsor of National cricket team. This jersey I won't wear for free also.

Glad i got the India Jersey without the horrendous logo of Dream 11, If anyone is interested it is still on sale on Adidas site without the logo. Soon all those will be sold out, and there will be no choice but buy one with this stupid logo.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks