Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 09:45   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
Hi Friends

I am planning to hire a driver. I own a M800 and plan to buy( may my wish come true ) the 2.2L Safari in near future. I am putting up in South Delhi.

Yesterday one driver had turned up through some contact.
Here is what he demanded

1) Duty of 10 hours per day
2) Rs 5200/- per month salary
3) Rs 20 overtime @ per hour
4) 5 days a week from Monday --> Friday

I took a driving session with him and the driving looked good. He happened to be the previous driver for one of the homes in my locality only ; and the feedback I got from there was good( The other guy got an office car with driver and hence had to do away with this driver)

This guy had a valid driving license registered in Delhi. I have plans for getting the police verification done as well.

I had one confusion. Is the remuneration that he is expecting reasonable and inline with what is in general the market rate in Delhi for a driver .

Also can anyone give pointers to from where I can get any good driver other then some contacts OR what else should I look for in a driver from hiring pint of view

Thanks in advance
-svaid

Note from the support staff: Please search before opening new threads. Thanks.
I think 5200 is over the tops. It should be closer 4 or max 4.5 but then it is South Delhi and you never know
Old 9th October 2007, 15:26   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am too pooped out by the end of the day and driving just takes away from my sleep time. Not that I have a driver; I would find it very tough to give my car to one; but sometimes it becomes easier to utilize your time more efficiently if some one else is driving.
What if you love to drive? When I drive to work in the morning, its usually before rush hour and the drive really charges me up. Traffic is always thick in the evenings; even then, I look forward to the drive. Have two chauffeurs but rarely ever use them.

That said, I dearly miss driving my Jeep to work. Hope to have her back on her feet soon.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:58   #63
BHPian

the driver salaries in Pune for a C class sedan can range from 3.5K to 5.5K. I have appointed a driver for my Indigo ( me -- not allowed to drive in India) and i pay him 3.5K , a weekly off( most of the times its 2 days Sat\Sun) and OT for more than 12 hour duty. He takes care of the car very well attending to the slightest of niggles arising in it and drives well too -- his only passion in life is to the blow the horn at any\every vehicle blocking his way
Old 9th October 2007, 18:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
He takes care of the car very well attending to the slightest of niggles arising in it and drives well too -- his only passion in life is to the blow the horn at any\every vehicle blocking his way

Must find out if my driver has a brother in Pune, my guy has the same affliction with the horn, he sounds it even when there in no one nearby. Otherwise he's good.
Old 11th October 2007, 16:19   #65
BHPian

I guess this is part of training they recieve from fellow drivers. Blow horn and use dipper unnecessarily in the night. Specially on Highways, this is regular scenario with all the drivers of Qualis/tavera gang.
Old 8th January 2008, 23:56   #66
BHPian

Friends,

Very soon i'll be buying a car in around two to three months time... I dont need a driver, but due to my work pressure i will not be able to attend the car, clean it every day ... check the basic things and so on... i usually turn home late night and leave for work at morning ( Am Single ) so given this, i need a person to attend my car early in the morning, clean it.. and once in a week wash it and do basic check ups every now and then... where can i get those people.... part time jobs of course and what would be the amount i would have to pay for them.... thanks.
Old 9th January 2008, 08:23   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

@pingping: why not the security guard of the building or a servant working with you. We pay Rs 200/car to the servant to wash our car every morning and they do a pretty good job.

We just hired a driver in Mumbai - 4.5K with housing, food, phone.
Old 9th January 2008, 09:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Good Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That said, I dearly miss driving my Jeep to work. Hope to have her back on her feet soon.
I pay 5000 per month but my driver takes care of many errands for me and has his cel on 24/7 in case I need him at 3am. He is a good, intelligent fellow and I over-pay him to help him and his family get along in this world.

GTO, now that you have reached tycoon status you have no time for your much beloved Mahindra Classic. So, out of a deeply felt sense of compassion and self-sacrifice, I would like to offer to buy it from you, restore it fully and give it a good home where it will be coddled and loved.
Old 24th January 2008, 02:16   #69
Senior - BHPian

You think 5K p.m. is over-paying?! :o

My new driver is getting paid 6500 p.m. (and he's not a very good driver) but he does help with lots of house-hold and office work and, most importantly, keeps the M3 squeaky clean!
Old 24th January 2008, 08:21   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
You think 5K p.m. is over-paying?! :o

My new driver is getting paid 6500 p.m. (and he's not a very good driver) but he does help with lots of house-hold and office work and, most importantly, keeps the M3 squeaky clean!

There is a Huge difference in Cost of Living from Mumbai to Dharmasala. Rs. 5000 may be high in dharmasala but Rs. 6500 may be low in Mumbai.
Old 31st January 2008, 00:31   #71
Senior - BHPian

You're absolutely right about that. I totally missed that crucial point. I guess DD's driver should be a very happy man!
Old 31st January 2008, 01:15   #72
LLL
BHPian

used to pay 4k to my driver for 8 hrs/day of work. Would give him 3-4 holidays per month and 100 bucks extra for workday longer than 10 hrs.

outstation trips...would negotiate with him and give him extra stuff.

he used to do some errands as well...like paying bills etc
Old 16th December 2009, 11:26   #73
Senior - BHPian

Bumping the old thread.

What is the current payouts for driver in Pune? Assuming 8-9 hours per day with occasional errands here and there and Sunday off.

-BJ
Old 16th December 2009, 11:35   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Since I am the only one who drives in my house, we have two drivers to transport the rest of the family around.

6.5 K plus overtime.

GTO
Shall i send some from my side?
how does 4k sound? 24hrs.

you would pull your hair off guiding him from Jogeshwari to lokhandwala and if you send him to Parel he may go to Ville Parle
Old 16th December 2009, 12:29   #75
BHPian

We have a driver for our family. We pay him 5k as monthly salary and give him daily allowance anywhere between 50-100rs every day. He takes food(breakfast to dinner) at our house.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks