Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 14:10   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
That trumpeting is getting into my nerves already and I'm getting a headache because of that. It's highly irritating.
Tell me about it. I am watching the games with the tv almost on mute.
Old 15th June 2010, 14:51   #107
Senior - BHPian

Is Dunga's Brazil is playing really differently? Probably we'll know tonight.
Yesterday's Italy Vs Paraguay match was a good one. One thing I don't like about Italy is that they try too many in field histrionics of getting injured even with the slightest touch. Many times the referee chose not to even stop the game as he knew those buggers were just acting But anyway it was an entertaining match yesterday.
Old 15th June 2010, 15:33   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One thing I don't like about Italy is that they try too many in field histrionics of getting injured even with the slightest touch. .
+1 to that. It got downright irritating after a while. Not that Paraguay didnt playact, but it was nothing compared to Italy. One thing is for sure, even if Italy doesnt win the World Cup they will surely win an Oscar for their performance.

Last edited by sammyboy : 15th June 2010 at 15:34.
Old 15th June 2010, 18:03   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Tell me about it. I am watching the games with the tv almost on mute.
They really need to do something for this menace, I mean atleast move the commentary team inside some soundproof glass or something. And add the noise separately with reduce volume level. This is really poor broadcasting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
+1 to that. It got downright irritating after a while. Not that Paraguay didnt playact, but it was nothing compared to Italy. One thing is for sure, even if Italy doesnt win the World Cup they will surely win an Oscar for their performance.
Yeah, everyone tries it but Italy has taken it to the next level. They'll even put Rivaldo to shame. Last time I remember referee was showing cards to the actors specially if they act inside the box. dunno if they've changed the rules now.
Old 16th June 2010, 01:53   #110
Senior - BHPian

North Korea just proved that no one is a pushover at that level of game. They played really well to deny the giants a goal till 55th minute and even after 2 goals they were able to redeem one. Portugal and Ivory Coast will be very weary of them now. This surely is the group of death.
Old 16th June 2010, 10:54   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
North Korea just proved that no one is a pushover at that level of game. They played really well to deny the giants a goal till 55th minute and even after 2 goals they were able to redeem one. Portugal and Ivory Coast will be very weary of them now. This surely is the group of death.
Effective, but one of the most boring performances I've seen after the 96 euro cup winning Greece team. Hope they dont make it to the next round and kill the joy of watching further.
But hontestly Brazil should have used a little more imagination in getting behind the north korean defence, instead of trying the same moves repeatebly and failing. Shows that Kaka is no Ronaldinho. Robinho was good in individual capacity, but except when setting up Elano, he too was not very succesful in doing much damage to the korean defence. And the much talked about Dunga defence was scattered. (But personally i liked this version of Brazil team - not what I'd imagined knowing Dunga's style of play in 90 & 94 )
Old 16th June 2010, 11:15   #112
BHPian

Brazil played well but I felt that they would have scored more goals if they had used the wings effectively.

For me the match was interesting and North Korean defense reminded me of the "Catenaccio" that Italy was famous for.

Nevertheless I feel that the Brazilians will get a sterner test from Ivory Coast rather than Portugal which I felt was kinda listless yesterday.

Eagerly waiting to watch Spain play tonight, but until now the Germans have looked the best.
Old 16th June 2010, 13:03   #113
Senior - BHPian

Seems like they are going to silence the Vuvuzelas, if so it's definitely a good news. 2010 World Cup: BBC mulls vuvuzela-free option for viewers - ESPN Soccernet. I hope everyone follows suit and silence them out..

And read Sepp Blatters comments, he thinks it's Music, well if that thing is music then I'm Elvis Presley.

Yeah, till now Germany looking to be the best followed closely by Argentina (although they were not able to convert the chances to goals they still played better football). I was disappointed with Brazil game yesterday, was it Dunga effect by any chance?

Last edited by kaushik_s : 16th June 2010 at 13:11.
Old 16th June 2010, 21:27   #114
Senior - BHPian

Switzerland 1 Spain 0 -- Hows that for a result. The Swiss had never beaten them in the last 18 matches . What a day for a come back. Brilliant Its still the Germans in the lead for the best game till now.

Last edited by sammyboy : 16th June 2010 at 21:28.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:21   #115
Team-BHP Support

With multiple threads running on the WC, i am unsure as to where to post! Posted my post-match comments on the other thread.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:24   #116
Team-BHP Support

Ok guys, please continue on the thread with the poll

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-2010-a-3.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks