Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2014, 15:00   #781
BHPian

re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Guys,

Anyone who has got an Australia PR recently or have applied for one, on your own, could you let me know how did you go about the process?

I've worked in Australia before and am contemplating applying for the PR on my own. Would like to hear from people who have walked that path recently.

I think the process is quite transparent and really given with details on the AUS immigration website
Old 20th July 2014, 07:42   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Anyone who has got an Australia PR recently or have applied for one, on your own, could you let me know how did you go about the process?

I've worked in Australia before and am contemplating applying for the PR on my own. Would like to hear from people who have walked that path recently.
Applying for Aus PR is actually quite easy. Everything u need to know about it can be found on the Immi website. There is a process called SkillSelect with which u need to apply through. Plenty of step-by-step information on what documentation to prepare and how to apply. There is no need to look at any other website or agency for this purpose.

PM me if you want to know more.

Cheers!
Old 20th July 2014, 09:59   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Its pretty easy if you have the necessary documentation. The only documentation which you might have to run around a bit is the "reference letters" from your employers, the others are easily obtainable. I suggest you look over these websites which have tons of information - http://pr4oz.com/wp/ and http://www.expatforum.com/expats/aus...ing-australia/
Old 20th July 2014, 11:42   #784
BHPian

Y-Axis guys say that I may be eligible for Canada PR and want me to take the eligibility test for about Rs.1700.

However, when I take the eligibility test on Canada CIC website it says I am not eligible now.

Any idea what's up here?
Old 20th July 2014, 19:27   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Y-Axis guys say that I may be eligible for Canada PR and want me to take the eligibility test for about Rs.1700.

However, when I take the eligibility test on Canada CIC website it says I am not eligible now.

Any idea what's up here?
Don't pay anyone. You did it right, check the CIC website, check your eligibility and if you don't make it, try to improve your skills, language or other criteria.
Old 20th July 2014, 21:20   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Don't pay anyone. You did it right, check the CIC website, check your eligibility and if you don't make it, try to improve your skills, language or other criteria.

I agree. The process was very transparent many years ago and I doubt anything has changed over the years. There are forums where you could seek help for specific questions and back in the day even cic would help if you called them. If you don't qualify then no one could help except your own self. If they are promising to make it work, it probably sounds fishy.
Old 26th July 2014, 13:12   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Is this the link that you checked - http://onlineservices-servicesenlign...a/eapp/eapp.do
This link doesn't ask for much information like work ex and all, and just altering one question - whether your spouse will work or not decided whether I was eligible or not ! In fact genuine answers to that question said I'm eligible but just wanted to check whether there are any other link which checks your eligibility based on work ex and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj1008 View Post
I agree. The process was very transparent many years ago and I doubt anything has changed over the years.
Raj, are you aware of any other link which checks the eligibility?
Old 27th July 2014, 09:14   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
Is this the link that you checked - http://onlineservices-servicesenlign...a/eapp/eapp.do
This link doesn't ask for much information like work ex and all, and just altering one question - whether your spouse will work or not decided whether I was eligible or not ! In fact genuine answers to that question said I'm eligible but just wanted to check whether there are any other link which checks your eligibility based on work ex and all.

Your link doesnt take me anywhere but I took a look and there doesnt seem to be a point system any longer. It seems to have simplified more. Here is what I found. Look through the programs and see if you fit in any. It seems very simple. I could be wrong because it was way complex before, now its very basic questions. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

Seek help on these forums www.immigration.ca and http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...itizenship-33/

I remember even finding the process manuals for the visa officers, online on the CIC site, the process is(was) that transparent

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Raj1008 : 27th July 2014 at 09:19.
Old 27th July 2014, 09:44   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any idea what's up here?
anytime Canada CIC knows better than any x-y axis. Y axis does the same thing gathering data from you and update in website. nothing more. Y axis is not giving or making anyone eligible for visa. any immigration website from any country has all the information required than any 'axis'.
Old 27th July 2014, 14:34   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
anytime Canada CIC knows better than any x-y axis. Y axis does the same thing gathering data from you and update in website. nothing more. Y axis is not giving or making anyone eligible for visa. any immigration website from any country has all the information required than any 'axis'.
The problem is I get different results for when I choose to "Work" and live "Permanently", and "Immigrate" and live "Permanently". It says I'm eligible in the former case. Also choosing a region to live in (without ever being there) is sort of weird.
Old 27th July 2014, 14:38   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
Check this link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...ly-factors.asp

Basically there are Six factors where in you can "accumulate" points.

Experience
English Skills
Offer of Employment in Canada
Adaptability (Like Your spouse's English Skills or your study/work in Canada etc)

Each one give you specific points and you need a total of 67 or more to be eligible for applying. Apart from this, your "occupation" needs to be on this list : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

If you satisfy all these, you can send in the app. The "hottest" occupations which usually gets filled up early are, obviously, Computer programmers and Financial Analysts. So better hurry up!
Old 28th July 2014, 09:58   #792
BHPian

Any body applying under Manitoba's Skilled Worker Program needs to hurry up as 1st Aug 2014 is the last day to apply for this year. After which you'll have to wait for the next year quota to open.
Old 29th July 2014, 19:17   #793
BHPian

When I add up points for Canada FSW program, I get a neat 72. However, it is only when I take the "eligibility" test that I am told I'm not eligible.

Age 29 - 12 points
My IELTS score is CLB9 qualifying for 24 points.
4 years experience - 13 points
Education Master's - 23 points

Total 72.

Do you guys think I could proceed with my application?
Old 20th August 2014, 22:08   #794
BHPian

A colleague of mine working here in the US has an offer to move to Dubai for a couple of years. He has no details yet on the package, but has few questions
Quote:
1) What is a typical salary range for IT consultant
2) How much salary is can be expected to live in Dubai(Bur Dubai or someplace)
3) How is the work culture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
...Tagging
Tagging Ram

Last edited by kraft.wagen : 20th August 2014 at 22:09.
Old 21st August 2014, 00:36   #795
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
A colleague of mine working here in the US has an offer to move to Dubai for a couple of years. He has no details yet on the package, but has few questions

Tagging Ram
Before I answer you couple of questions
  1. How senior is this person in his or her chosen field
  2. How long has he been in USA is he married or single.
Once I know that I will check with a good friend who is the Senior HR Manager with a MNC IT Company here in Internet City Dubai.

I take that he is an Indian ?

Best Regards & Thanks

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks