Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2014, 19:31   #751
BHPian

re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Guys, Any idea reg the Canadian FSW process? I searched the canada immigration website, its a little bit confusing! Any help is appreciated!
Old 26th April 2014, 06:00   #752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh.machine View Post
I am also waiting for the results of the lottery. As per my company we will get details only by Mid May. They have not shared any case no etc till now.
Unfortunately yes you woukd have to wait for sometime.before the lottery results are out and the company receives your details. I had received.mine in june four years back even though at that time the number of filed h1b applications were < 65k.
Old 6th May 2014, 23:22   #753
Senior - BHPian

The people who are selected in the lottery system for H1B are being notified. Some colleagues of mine have started receiving the receipt numbers. Keep checking with your respective companies/agents.
Old 7th May 2014, 14:09   #754
Senior - BHPian

My sister recently got her PR and moved to Canada. Her husband is having PR of Canada and so my sister got the same.
Can my sister put forward my file/case for Canadian PR ? Did a lot of searching, but a lot of results came in. Some say its possible and others say its not.

My sister is not having any other relative in Canada as of now. I am more than 24 and independent.
Any information will be helpful.
Old 7th May 2014, 16:05   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
My sister recently got her PR and moved to Canada....... I am more than 24 and independent.
All depends on which province of Canada your sister has immigrated to. Manitoba allows even friends to sponsor immigration under MNPN. But your sister has to complete 1 year in Canada before she can put forward your file.
Old 7th May 2014, 18:33   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
My sister recently got her PR and moved to Canada. Her husband is having PR of Canada and so my sister got the same.
Can my sister put forward my file/case for Canadian PR ? Did a lot of searching, but a lot of results came in. Some say its possible and others say its not.

My sister is not having any other relative in Canada as of now. I am more than 24 and independent.
Having a blood relative in Canada does improve your points score in eligibility criteria. Apart from that, you have age also on your side. Check out this link to see whether you qualify or not
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...ly-factors.asp
Old 1st June 2014, 11:17   #757
BHPian

Anyone heard of these guys? Xiphias

I got a colorful email asking me to register by paying Rs.1200.

Quote:
Please register by paying Rs. 1123 (1000+12.36 % service tax) as a Registration amount so that we can proceed further.
After Registration we will take a final approval from our Lawyer for proceeding further. The approval will be acknowledged a working day.

If the approval is negative, the money will be refunded 100%.
We will send you the complete process along with Assessment and financial break-up details.
This fee will be adjusted with the 1st installment Retainer Payment.
Old 6th June 2014, 20:31   #758
BHPian

Anyone from Canberra on here? Having moved there from India?
Thanks
Ang
Old 7th June 2014, 09:06   #759
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Have a question to which I have not been able to find answers. I got my Australian PR in January 2013. I traveled once in September 2013 for a period of 10 days but since have not been able to immigrate due to personal reasons. Is there something that I should take care? Is there a clause which days I need to travel atleast once every year.
Old 7th June 2014, 15:43   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Guys,

Have a question to which I have not been able to find answers. I got my Australian PR in January 2013. I traveled once in September 2013 for a period of 10 days but since have not been able to immigrate due to personal reasons. Is there something that I should take care? Is there a clause which days I need to travel atleast once every year.

As far as I know there are only travel restrictions in the 12months before applying for a PR. After this, the only residency requirements are if you're getting payments from the govt.
Old 8th June 2014, 04:27   #761
BHPian

Hi Blue_V

Please refrain from providing any money to any one .These are all fakes and won't do any help to you.I have migrated 10 months back and in my opinion if you have a decent job back home that's worth than come and struggle here .Or else you need to come with a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Anyone heard of these guys? Xiphias

I got a colorful email asking me to register by paying Rs.1200.
Old 8th June 2014, 04:59   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulstar View Post
As far as I know there are only travel restrictions in the 12months before applying for a PR. After this, the only residency requirements are if you're getting payments from the govt.
I think once you have done the port entry as mentioned in the PR,then it is a multiple travel visa.But if you are getting payments from government and you are outside the country for more than 6 weeks ,you need to inform Centre link about this and they will stop payment.Otherwise you may have trouble in overpay when you return and file the tax returns.
Old 8th June 2014, 07:40   #763
BHPian

Just on the visa. I am pretty that once you're a PR you can still travel to and from Australia on your Indian passport on the visa you already had but once that visa expires you'll need a RRV -Return resident visa unless you get an Australian passport.
Old 11th June 2014, 22:30   #764
BHPian

Guys,

Anyone who has got an Australia PR recently or have applied for one, on your own, could you let me know how did you go about the process?

I've worked in Australia before and am contemplating applying for the PR on my own. Would like to hear from people who have walked that path recently.
Old 11th June 2014, 22:54   #765
BHPian

Any thoughts on Canada ? Is it worth trying for a PR ? Or is it a total struggle once you get there ?

Last edited by alter.e.go : 11th June 2014 at 22:55. Reason: type corrected

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks