Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2013, 11:29   #421
BHPian

Re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!! Is It Worth It?

Does anyone have any inputs about http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Was wondering on the same. Recd it from a friend
Old 14th January 2013, 11:34   #422
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh.machine View Post
Chanced upon this thread(thankfully!). Have been giving a serious thought on moving out to either US, Oz or Singapore. Can someone suggest any good agents/consultants for US. For Oz i believe the only way is to get a PR and then quit your current job and go search for a job there. If my understanding is incorrect then let me know. Have no information on Singapore.
For AU, what you mentioned is the popular option. For Singapore, you need to find a job, and the employer will apply for your employment pass. After a couple of years of stay, you can try applying for permanent residence.
Old 14th January 2013, 18:29   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
For AU, what you mentioned is the popular option. For Singapore, you need to find a job, and the employer will apply for your employment pass. After a couple of years of stay, you can try applying for permanent residence.
Thanks for that. Seems its easier going to Singapore if i can secure a job. Where can i start looking
Old 30th January 2013, 09:30   #424
BHPian

Hey fellas!

If someone has a bad credit history here, does that affect the visa processing in any way?
Is the credit history of an individual reviewed or considered when applying for a visa?
The visa in question is not a student visa, but a work permit.

Any ideas?
Old 30th January 2013, 10:26   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Hey fellas!

If someone has a bad credit history here, does that affect the visa processing in any way?
Is the credit history of an individual reviewed or considered when applying for a visa?
The visa in question is not a student visa, but a work permit.

Any ideas?
No. They do not check your credit history.
Old 30th January 2013, 11:46   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Does anyone have any inputs about http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Was wondering on the same. Recd it from a friend
It costs around Rs. 30000 for the skill verification.
It will take a few months for that step to get complete.

What input are you looking for?
Old 30th January 2013, 14:26   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
No. They do not check your credit history.
Thanks mate!

Any ideas on what all is looked at, other than the usual work profile and stuff?
Old 30th January 2013, 16:04   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Thanks mate!

Any ideas on what all is looked at, other than the usual work profile and stuff?
You don't need to be too nervous. The more you are apprehensive of a work visa interview, higher the chances of messing it up unknowingly.

According to my experience, for work visas, if your sponsor is a reputed/known organization, the visa officer, at max, would engage with you in small chit-chat, if at all.

You need to be confident of your skills and your capability to do the work - period!
Old 20th February 2013, 15:25   #429
BHPian

Anyone having idea about South Korea? In terms of cost of living, food, weather and general experience.
Old 11th March 2013, 09:38   #430
BHPian

Help needed! Immigration to Australia

Hello everyone, my spouse and I are exploring options to move to Australia and came across 'Global Gateways'(Bangalore) which helps individuals obtain PR and Visa to live and work in Australia and other countries.

Cost involved for paper work seems acceptable but still wanted to check if anyone here has dealt with this organization before and would you recommend the same?

help!!
Old 11th March 2013, 09:56   #431
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help needed! Immigration to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Hello everyone, my spouse and I are exploring options to move to Australia and came across 'Global Gateways'(Bangalore) which helps individuals obtain PR and Visa to live and work in Australia and other countries.

Cost involved for paper work seems acceptable but still wanted to check if anyone here has dealt with this organization before and would you recommend the same?

help!!
Have sent you a PM.
Please view
All the best
Old 23rd March 2013, 15:54   #432
BHPian

Any suggestions on taking a job in african continent?

Hello all,

Come this october, I would be completing 14 yrs at sea. I joined this profession to work with hands. Since last 2 yrs I am onto a lot more administrative type work and less hands on. Having seen enough and having achieved my objectives here, now I am keen on settling ashore. I am missing my wife and kids a lot.

Teaching is my other liking and incidentally I have found some links to opportunities in teaching in Ethiopia, Ghana, Gabon and Zambia.

India is not devoid of such opportunities but the salaries are not attractive and marine related institutes are more stand alone, not being part of some big universities I dream of teaching in. On the contrary I find that the marine colleges in Africa are affiliated to some renowned universities and are located in their campuses. Jobs offer nice on campus apartments. I haven't got the idea of the international school for kids yet.

I don't think there is any better place than team BHP to seek opinions on working in African countries, the better ones like Ethiopia, Ghana or say Zambia.

I am looking into moving with family though not immediately.

I have contacted some active Indians with families at these place and all seem to be indicating that life is full of fun there.

Thanks in advance for your rich views and suggestions.

Rgds.

Last edited by sindabad.sailor : 23rd March 2013 at 15:57. Reason: typo errors
Old 23rd March 2013, 19:18   #433
ike
BHPian

re: Any suggestions on taking a job in african continent?

I will be following this thread closely since I'm also looking for opportunities in Africa. I've nothing to do with the sea though & I'm a recently qualified Accountant. I have a few relatives in Zambia & AFAIK, it is landlocked. Do they still have lot of opportunities & need for sailors ?
Old 23rd March 2013, 23:24   #434
BHPian

re: Any suggestions on taking a job in african continent?

Ike, I have visited a lot of coastal african countries and in every port I have seen Ethiopean registered vessel which I suppose is landloacked.
I guess there are countries registering ships inspite of not having any coast. So there might be need of seafarers for such countries.

Anyways, are there any team bhp members who have first hand or hearsay information on living as expat in African countries?
Old 24th March 2013, 00:23   #435
BHPian

Am being asked to work in Sydney for about am year or two on work visa (intra company transfer).
What is the cost of living for a family of three (2 adults + 2 year old kid) in Sydney to have a decent lifestyle, without bring too stingy?

I suppose spouse can work on dependent visa, but with a 2 year old at home, am not sure if it will be possible, and if part time work-from-home options are available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks