Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2017, 14:32   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
^^

It’s not important that “evil” should understand your language or what you are reciting.

For a non-believer,
Once we start reciting, the meaning of hymns start Its effects on our subconscious mind which starts fighting the evil i.e. fear.
The power of poems/songs on our mindset/psychology is enormous. Patriotic songs, national anthems, army/march songs/music are examples.
There are still lot of beliefs for a non-believer here
"starts its effects on our subconscious" <<< very interesting and I'd love to learn more about these effects!
"Starts fighting the evil" << interesting again, once we learn more about the effects, it'd be interesting to learn about this property of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
Now for a believer (like me)
If I am in an alien area and encounter a miscreant, and If I know a friend who is powerful enough to defeat that miscreant, I can call that friend in my language, Its not important that evil would understand because I am not requesting him for mercy.
With all my efforts to be diverse here, why do you think only German friend can help you here in this situation? Why not someone from mecca or Himalayas? Do they have their jurisdiction/boundaries defined!?
For me, somewhere Someone's not sincere enough to admit that 'I do not know', that's why one believes! Vast majority of things one doesn't know (or that doesn't have enough evidences to support), One'd say 'I believe', with great confidence.
Edit: Just realized after posting, that we may be drifting away from the subject, give us (non-believer) some pointers to learn / understand more about this and we shall continue to discuss the topic of the thread!

Last edited by Ketan : 20th November 2017 at 14:36.
Old 28th November 2017, 20:32   #722

This thread reminded me of an incident which happened around 9 years ago.
It was evening hours with sun behind my back (just to be clear there was no glare from sunlight) and I was riding my Splendor plus at a sedatory speed of 40-50 kmph on Ring Road. Back then traffic laws weren't hard regarding safely gears and my drive usually lasted for less than 8 kms at a stretch so didn't thought of buying a helmet. So I was riding on the Ring Road just before Rawanbhata ( a ground where Dussehera is celebrated each year) in Raipur, there was not much of a traffic and then suddenly I felt a push from my left side on the shoulder which resulted in falling with the motorcycle, I was pinned down with it but due to presence of leg guard my foot was saved from getting scratched but the push was strong enough for me to get dragged from the left side of road where I was driving to the opposite side and just managed to get dragged out of road on the wrong side. Fate or whatever coincidence it was, within seconds a truck passed very close from my face (merely 2 feet or so) I can still remember the tyres passing one by one so close to me and the sound of rubber on the road.
I managed to free myself from the motorcycle, my knees were shaking and I realized that this is what people call a near death experience. I went back to check out the road as to what caused my fall and I could not find any loose gravel, oil etc.
I was an atheist for greater period of life till then but I always went out of house after touching my mother's feet. I can't say I became a theist after that but I straight away went back home, discussed the incident and asked for a 1000/- rupees and bought a Studds Bravo helmet and since then I always wear my helmet even if I have go for a couple of kms.
A few people told me that the spot where the incident occurred many people have died, we cannot be aware of such places, all we can do is use enough safety equipment and take the blessings from our elders.
Old 10th March 2018, 09:38   #723
Senior - BHPian

Interesting snippet on dowsing as practiced by British water companies using divining techniques! :-

The following (https://medium.com/@sallylepage/in-2...c-6eb62e036b02) gives hope that dowsing is still alive & kicking !

Also, Uri Geller was in the news once again in connection with the "CIA’s mass online release of classified documents last week, relating to the testing of him by Russell Targ and Hal Puthoff at Stanford Research Institute in 1972-3", which deals with the agency's "Stargate" programme or "psychic warriors" programme :-

(file:///Paranormalia_%20Geller%20Again.html)

EDIT - I would like to make a correction , regarding Uri Geller. The link given is wrong.

The correct link is : http://monkeywah.typepad.com/paranor...ler-again.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd July 2020 at 20:01. Reason: Old post, but editing it to fix a small problem with mobile page formatting :)
Old 13th March 2018, 11:49   #724
BHPian

Though being a Science graduate and staunch believer in "Cause and Effects", I have come to conclusion that there are few things in life and nature that one cannot understand the reason.

I have not encountered any paranormal event yet in my life, but I do understand the concept of entities and their presence amongst normal human population. I also understand that as long as I don't intend any harm to any supernatural force, them hurting us is negligible.

This happened to my uncle and aunt who were stationed in Mysore during their early years of marriage. My unc is an absolute free soul. Carefree, joyful and easy go guy. Aunt is graduate girl with sane matured thoughts.

Looks like the house they rented had presence of paranormal forces. Kitchen utensils getting flung, doors closing by them selves, feeling of someone watching etc. Aunt used to stay alone in that house during the day when my unc was in his office. They used to hear anklet sound near the window of the 3 BHK house every night. The classical stuff was that when they used a different bedroom during some nights, the sound would exactly reach that room's window. It was like the entity was saying that she knew where they were inside the house.

They came to peace with the fact that what ever was in their home was not there to hurt them and was there to show its presence and get accepted.

Which they did. My aunt used to talk to that entity when she was in kitchen, albeit a chatter that any housewife will have with a maid. Nothing specific. The entity used to visit during lunch hours it seems and make its presence felt by disturbing utensils. First started to drop tumblers or stainless steel water glasses and when it knew my aunt was not getting frightened by its presence, it just used to move some utensil to make noise and show its presence.

My aunt used to say that the hair on the back of her neck used to stand when the entity was near her. She used to feel the rush of adrenaline and fear gave way after sometime.

All this ended with an amazing event though. My aunt was sent to her mother's place during her first pregnancy and my unc was all alone in that Mysore rented spot. The first few days were cool, and then one midnight looks like the entity manifested itself into a beautiful girl and started to play its tricks on my lonely unc. And then when things got hot between them two, he was bitten on the back of his shoulder so strongly that the few of the teeth actually punctured his skin and he bled.

He was found unconscious by their milkman next morning. He was forced to visit Bangalore the next day after first aid with the help of their neighbors and the neighbors themselves shifted all their belongings to a different house to save them from the entity. The company doctor actually wanted my unc to file a Police report and he was sure that it was a act of human bite and classified as assault since he had deep scratch marks on his entire body. But then since my unc was well known in his company, he let it go.

The story goes that the land was actually a burial spot of a young teenage girl who died under mysterious circumstances during pre independence era. Due to which the land was sold at dead cheap price and house owner rented to unsuspecting young couples at throw away prices. The neighbors though aware of past instances did not alert my unc and aunt due to usual shyness that existed between village population and urban population at that time.

Somethings are left as they are.

P.S. My unc even now when he has difference of opinion with my aunt says (inspite of having all their relatives around them in family functions or outing) that he was better off with the "Beautiful mystery girl" than with my aunt.

Last edited by prithm : 13th March 2018 at 12:02. Reason: Spelling
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 16:50   #725
Senior - BHPian

On a lighter side, I am surprised that all these Spirits use the age old or century old techniques of wearing white saree, disturbing house utensils, opening and closing window doors, etc. ? That too, all these activities only during night times?

Are all of them same old spirits of humans who have died 100s of years ago who donot know the latest techniques? Or is it that the humans who are dead recently have stopped becoming spirits ?

Are there no 24*7 spirits Or at least spirits who work in their night shifts (I mean our day time)?

Do they not think of some new techniques to frighten us?

Or is it that they use all latest techniques as well, but we do not recognize them as spirits but keep interacting with them as normal humans?

For me, this looks very spooky
Old 13th June 2018, 08:50   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
@Superleggera, any update you want to share around this! I'm just wondering if you continue to see the incidents happening around, or have they stopped or have decided to move out of the property!
Sorry for the delay, I have moved out of the apartment. Decided its not worth the stress
Old 15th November 2018, 22:09   #727
Senior - BHPian

There's this Malaysian cabbie with an interesting collection of spooky passengers

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/natio...-dried-leaves/
Old 18th November 2018, 12:57   #728
BHPian

There is something fishy

This happened yesterday, a Saturday.

It was an off day. Me and my wife decided to go for an early morning walk near the beach. So we got up at 5.30am, were out at the beach by 6 am, after a good 30 mins of brisk walk, we decided to head back home. Wife suggested buying fresh fish from the fish stall dotting the road close to the beach. I nod an ok and we drive over to the fish stalls.

Usually we find parking, but yesterday seems to be a busy day, a lot of cars around. So I drop my wife at the entrance of the fish stalls and go further ahead to find a slot. I rumble forward slowly hoping someone would back up and vacate a slot. Few meters ahead I see a familiar brake light glowing red, it is a red car, the next instant the reverse lamps glow. I pat myself for having driven slow and to have matched the exit of the red car. Once that car moved out, I drove right into the now free parking slot, parked and headed back to the fish stalls.

Honestly speaking, I am not a big fan of buying this so called fresh catch,
1. They don’t clean the fish up at the fish stalls.
2. When my wife cleans up the fish, it becomes my task to sanitize the kitchen (we live in a flat, so have to make good with the small kitchen).

It was quite crowded yesterday, every stall had a bunch of people either buying or enquiring or bargaining for the fresh catch. I move along trying to locate my wife, mind you she isn’t very tall (god plz, let her not read this one..). Meanwhile I see all kinda fish, big fish, small fish, shell fish, wriggly ones, crabs and some strange looking ones.

I walk on, see a familiar attire in the crowd. It is my wife. She is pointing out to a flat out piece of blob like thing and the fish seller was pointing here and there on the blob. I approach closer and realize she was enquiring how to cut it, on approaching even closer I realize it is stingray, a small one, not those enormous ones we see on NatGeo. No wonder, it looked like a flat blob. I was unfamiliar with this fish and from the pieces of conversation that I picked up, my wife was asking the fish seller how exactly to cut it up. So this is her first time as well.

Back in my mind, I was wondering why can’t she stick to the usual king fish, mackerel or sardines, I enjoy those. But then, here she is, getting expert advice to dissect a stingray. I was glad to notice that thing didn’t have scales, so may be today I won’t have a tough time cleaning the kitchen.

So we got a stingray, didn’t bargain about the price, but as he was packing, my crafty wife said, bhai “2-3 yeh vala dal dena (pointing at the mackerels)”, and that chap smiles, and complies. In goes 3 mackerels and hands over the package to us.

Drive back home was uneventful. We had a good breakfast. I settle down on the sofa and start browsing the news channels. Started with the international ones, it was the Californian wild fire, celebrity homes burnt down, then Khashoggi execution, and some sports. Now I am propped down, legs stretched, I switch channels, browsed through the movies, end up seeing some of Saving Private Ryan and I doze away.

I am dreaming now, of Saving Private Ryan being the last visuals, I am in the middle of a war in my dream. There is an explosion, a soldier dies, his arm flies into my direction, it is still wriggling. And I am shivering. A moment later I am jolted out of my sleep, I realize I am not shivering, it is my wife, she is next to me, she is shaking me, calling out my name aloud.

I am now awake, confused, I ask ‘What?’. She seems distressed, she says you should see this. She grabs my hand, walks over to the kitchen. I see the cutting board, few pieces of the stingray in cubes, the rest of the pieces stacked high in the container that goes into the freezer. A bowl of masala paste, all set of marination. I ask again, ‘What is happening?’. She whispers, keep looking at the piece on the cutting board. The moment she finished the sentence the cut cube moved, not a big movement as such, but it definitely moved.

I was shocked. My wife screams. She says it is the ghost, the spirit of the fish. She says she cannot continue, I have to marinate. And, here I am rudely woken up from a horrifying dream, only to see a fish caught many hours ago, cut into a cube and yet wriggles. OMG!! There is no way I want to touch that.

I then try my best to convince my wife, out comes capillary action (Stringray bones look like small tubes), muscle spasm (on a dead fish, really?), and what not… in the end, since her hands had already touched the fish, convinced her enough to put it all in the freezer. We decided we will fry them later. Creative me steps up again, out comes the potato, goes into the marinate paste, and we have a very veggie lunch.

Post lunch, wife was busy googling for an explanation. I said I had enough, she can google and build her theories, but don’t share them with me. She then says, the fish is spooked.

Around tea time, wifey says, she cannot eat what is in the refrigerator. She isn’t going to cook that fish. So she messaged her friend in our apartments, didn’t tell the whole story but highlighted the part saying “We have some very fresh stingray, uncooked, cut & cleaned, would you like to have some?” And off goes the un-dying fish.

Phew…. Strange as it is, may be the words have mellowed down the mayhem it caused, but one thing is pretty sure our hunt for ‘fresh’ fish has officially ended … if not for long, deff for this week and the next and the week after. What is even stranger is the dream, and how it transformed into reality. Wriggling arm to a wriggling fish piece. May be my subconscious was busy picking up sounds from the kitchen and weaving my dream around it or maybe it was a spooky encounter… who knows.
Old 18th November 2018, 13:09   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
There is something fishy

Possible scientific explanation:
https://biology.stackexchange.com/qu...ish-still-move
Old 18th November 2018, 13:18   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Man! that is something. Things weren't as dramatic as that youtube video... had it been something like that, I am sure my wife's scream would have brought half the flat residents down.

Thanks for the link.
Old 18th November 2018, 18:40   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
There's this Malaysian cabbie with an interesting collection of spooky passengers

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/natio...-dried-leaves/
Sounds like a taxi driver who burns his earnings on liquor or worse and has convinced his wife about money that disappears or turns to leaves. In the early 1970s we had a maid servant whose husband would narrate stories of ghosts who came and took away 100 rupees from his pocket every time he walked past a lonely stretch!!! Stragely, it always seemed to happen around payday. The rascala was burning his pay on drinks and other activities and cooking up stories of ghosts. In 1970 Rs 100/- was a lot of money - like ~Rs 3800 today. A third of that blighters monthly wage. Seems his relative is in Malaysia driving taxis.

I am not saying spirits do not exist. I simply do not have the knowledge to say that. But I do believe that a lot of the ghost experiences folks narrate are their own beliefs working over time. In the 1980s I worked for a truck manufacturer. My beat was Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh. Many hours and miles were driven often in the dead of night on lonely, unlit, hinterland roads winding through forests - Guna, Satna, Sidhi, Sheopur Kalan, Korba etc. Just my luck I never encountered a ghost, spirit, evil force or any untoward event - probably because my mind was not tuned to them. The biggest real risk was getting out of the vehicle [in my case a Willys] in the middle of the night, in the middle of a forest to empty the bladder.
Old 3rd December 2018, 13:47   #732
BHPian

Here is something that I encountered over the weekend. While I had just finished some shopping I noticed a Figo that had its lights on and engine running. There was a lady who was seated in the front passenger side of the car talking to another person who was outside the car. I was a very worried when I saw a kid seated in the drivers seat and fiddling with the steering wheel, controls, dashboard and whatever else, since I could not see what he was fiddling. I had half a mind of going up to the lady and ask her to either shut off the car or move the kid from the driver's seat. I also did not want to be asked to "mind my own business", something that I have been told many a time when trying to let people know of the risks that they are taking.

I took out my phone and clicked a picture (first picture), to put it in the "How do you identify bad drivers" thread. After I had clicked the picture, I thought to myself on how it may help in correcting people who risk themselves and others.

I was so upset, that I "willed" that the car shut off for some reason or the other. Almost immediately, I noticed something flowing under the car. I quickly clicked another picture. This is the second picture where there is fluid seen on the road. Immediately after that, there was smoke seen coming out of the bonnet. That was it. I rushed to the car and told the lady to get out of the car immediately along with her kid. She was a bit puzzled and scared about what I had said. I pointed to the smoke coming out of the bonnet and she realised the seriousness. She and her son were out of the car quickly. I reached out and switched off the engine. She called her husband who was in the store who was shocked on learning what happened.

The bottom hose connecting the radiator to the engine block had sprung a leak and the coolant had leaked out. The third picture is where they are looking at their broken down car.

While I was glad in one way, that the car shut off, the manner in which it happened was very spooky.

I have had similar experiences where I have "willed" something to happen, and it has ended up happening, either right then or very shortly thereafter. This is the only time where I managed to get "proof" of the "experience".

I wonder if anyone else has had similar "experiences"?
Attached Thumbnails
Spooky Experiences : Share them here-pic1.jpg  

Spooky Experiences : Share them here-pic2.jpg  

Spooky Experiences : Share them here-pic3.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2018, 14:14   #733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post

I have had similar experiences where I have "willed" something to happen, and it has ended up happening, either right then or very shortly thereafter. This is the only time where I managed to get "proof" of the "experience".

I wonder if anyone else has had similar "experiences"?
Well, you better "will" that this guy doesn't read this post and come knocking on your door for the parts claim
Old 16th March 2019, 15:02   #734
BHPian

Is there a paranormal club in Bangalore that does investigation of paranormal activity ?
Old 19th March 2019, 02:41   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Is there a paranormal club in Bangalore that does investigation of paranormal activity ?
Indian Paranormal Research has a team in bangalore, there are other couple of groups working actively (as of a couple years back when I heard about it) in this part of country as well. They do have professional instruments and methods and do perform investigations for their client base. I was in touch with one of the groups, also joined them for one of the investigations (at Antargange caves that is known for one of the haunted places, not for any clients as such) where they invited interns and outside folks with interest. It wasn't very convincing to me somehow, left me to think a lot about the accuracy of the methods, the instruments used and the conclusions built towards the end of the process.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks