Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 17:04   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
A good place for south indian veg food is the Kamat hotel in Panji. sorry forgot the road. Upstairs is AC. Food is good.
All of the waiters also speak kannada.
Sorry my friend. I have a different song. I have eaten at Kamat on very visit to goa and i agree food is decent but their waiters are harried lot. Too many guests and too less people to serve. Hence, their service is nothing to write home about.

Btw, did you try the big paans made by the paan wala right outside Kamat?
Old 13th November 2009, 22:54   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sorry my friend. I have a different song. I have eaten at Kamat on very visit to goa and i agree food is decent but their waiters are harried lot. Too many guests and too less people to serve. Hence, their service is nothing to write home about.

Btw, did you try the big paans made by the paan wala right outside Kamat?
Umm.. i agree that there was some delay in serving but hey.. i'm really grateful that we got what was regular food for us. i'm not complaining.
Coming to the paans, we did try the meetha pan on that guys recommendation. I'm no regular for this stuff but liked it.
Old 24th November 2009, 14:15   #33
BANNED

Folks in Bangalore looking for authentic Goan sweets like Bebinca, Dodol, etc. for the coming Christmas Season. Let me know through a PM. A friend of mine is thinking of getting it for us folks in Goa who won't make it home for the season.

This is no business and will be purely an effort by a fellow goan for his goan mates in Bangalore. I have added this on here as i noticed many folks here like goan sweets.

The costs will be actual prize + transport charges. Exact rates will be made available by December 1st week as he wants to know the order quantity by then.

MODS: Please delete this incase it does not adhere to the rules.
Old 24th November 2009, 23:18   #34
BHPian

J&A's: serves one of the best Pizza's and beef steak. Expensive

Da Luigi at Park Hyatt. One of the best Rissoto's and also Pizzas. Expensive

Ernesto's in Panjim has amazing beef steaks and Carpaccio. Well priced

I-95: Italian food but nothing great. Expensive

Miguel Arcanjo at Taj Exotica, Mediterranean cuisines. Expensive

Behl puri gadda in Borda(Margao) near Holy Spirit School. Best Behl Puri I have ever eaten. Cheap

Tamari at Taj Vivanta in Panjim. Pan Asian Cuisine. Was amazing in the start but now quality is gone down. Expensive

Fusion in Majorda. Best beef steaks by far and chocolate cake to die for. Very Expensive

Spitfire: Our company makes Bebinca and Dodol (Costa's).

Last edited by indra_slk : 24th November 2009 at 23:20.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:03   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post

Everytime I'm in Goa, Whatever else I do, I always make sure I buy two things

1. Packed Sausages from Britto's
2. Costa's Dodol!

The latter is just the best dessert when warmed up and eaten with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:27   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
Yes dude, I have grown up on the products from your firm. They are a part of every Goan's life. A big thanks to your folks for this. Keep satisfying the palettes of Goans and all others for years to come

And about the places you have listed Ernesto's in Panaji is surely a must visit for folks coming to Goa.

The best steaks were available @ Dona Paula at the restaurant just before the climb which leads to Cidade De Goa. Unfortunately the management changed some years back and it has never been the same.

You should try Bhelpuri/chats at Miramar Gaddos too.
Old 25th November 2009, 20:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

On our trip this time around, we brought back pretty good sausages from Infantaria. Bebinca and Dodol from Mr Baker in Panjim, but the Dodol did not hold up in the heat over the time until we finally got back home. What little I ate enroute was as good as it always has been.
My memory of the sausages is that they used to be hotter, in terms of spice content. Has there been a toning down of that over the years, or is that more of a where one buys them from thing?
Old 26th November 2009, 15:36   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Yes dude, I have grown up on the products from your firm. They are a part of every Goan's life. A big thanks to your folks for this. Keep satisfying the palettes of Goans and all others for years to come
Thanks a lot for all the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
Everytime I'm in Goa, Whatever else I do, I always make sure I buy two things

1. Packed Sausages from Britto's
2. Costa's Dodol!

The latter is just the best dessert when warmed up and eaten with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
Hmm... Never tried that. Seems to be a pretty good combination.

Out of all the restaurants we have named how can we forget Nostalgia!! in Raia. The most typical Goan/Portugese cuisine! With a very Goan ambiance.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:48   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Also for the best Cafreal in Goa head towards Caranzalem Church and ask for Peter's Gaddo - he sells his stuff on a handcart. Available only after 19:00 and in limited quantity..
If you haven't tried Florentine's chicken cafreal, you have not lived.
Crowded, buzzing basic place, as you go from Saligao to Calangute, turn right 50 metres after passing Saligao church.
I have been going here for about twenty years. You will never eat cafreal anywhere else. Be warned though, it's very, very spicy, and just begs for a couple of cold beers to wash it down!
Old 26th November 2009, 15:50   #40
BHPian

Apart from the usual suspects like Britto's, Souza Lobo, Martins, and Infantaria, i personally like a couple of Hotels in Panjim. You should try the following 2 when in Panjim:

1. Hotel Vinanti
2. Godhino

I've had some amazing sea food here.
Old 26th November 2009, 16:03   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
If you haven't tried Florentine's chicken cafreal, you have not lived.
10 years back, i wouldn't have disagreed. Today though its not what it used to be.

I have been eating at this place since the early 90's, before it became famous.

It was our stopover after partying all over in the North. We have slept over, helped out as waiters (before they introduced uniforms), basically had a good time there. We used to stay over till day break just because we either ate too much or were too sloshed to drive/ride.

Hey maybe we have bumped into each other there, we were an extension of the furniture in there
Old 26th November 2009, 16:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

I'll be going to goa in january on my yearly vacation. all the time i go, i stay at calangute and generally don't go anywhere else. food is mostly in suza lobo and in brittos. neve experimented anywhere else.
should try. just bumped into this thread. seems interesting.
Old 26th November 2009, 21:02   #43
BHPian

Hey has anybody tried Mum's Kitchen? I found the place and the food awesome. A fine dining place.
Old 26th November 2009, 21:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am there in Goa for the first week of Dec. This thread has been very helpful and so has been Spitfire with his suggestions.

Looking forward to be there.
Old 26th November 2009, 21:11   #45
J.Ravi

During my week-long stay at Goa, I enjoyed the food at Kamat Hotel and Khandani Rajdhani, especially the latter, where I was treated like a member of the royalty!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks