Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 21:01   #841
Senior - BHPian

Activa wheelie

Nice one NeoRanji, the green bike looks awesome ! CBR ?
The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-img_3239-low-res.jpg

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 7th February 2010 at 21:03.
Old 8th February 2010, 09:17   #842
BHPian

thank you YC. Yeah, that was a CBR
Old 8th February 2010, 09:35   #843
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
@v&v
Nice shot! Different from conventional panning!

Attachment 283226
Regards,
TG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Thanks Proxima.
@TG: well framed, clear & crisp.
@v&v: Nice shot, I have a similar one but badly composed.
I liked how these kids shared the swing. They often fight but they are tightly bonded with each other.

Attachment 283275

Thanks guys.
i put it on a continuous shot mode in TV mode and took around 5 shot , this was the only one worth uploading.

vinod
Old 8th February 2010, 17:57   #844
BHPian

Here are a few from my end:

1. Cycle panning

2. Activa panning

3. Activa panning 2

4. YBX125 panning

5. Wheelie panning

6. Double wheelie panning

7. Stoppie panning

8. Double stoppie panning

9. Selective coloring and Panning

10. Selective coloring and Panning 2

11. Scorpio panning

12. Aeroplane panning

13. Pegions panning
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-cycle-panning.jpg  

The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-activa-panning.jpg  

The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-activa-panning-2.jpg  

The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-ybx125-panning.jpg  

The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-wheelie-panning.jpg  

The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-double-wheelie-panning.jpg  

The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-stoppie-panning.jpg  

The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-doule-stoppie-panning.jpg  

The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-selective-panning-1.jpg  

The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-selective-panning-2.jpg  

The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-scorpio-panning.jpg  

The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-aeroplane-panning.jpg  

The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-pegions-panning.jpg  

Old 9th February 2010, 00:53   #845
BHPian

Infinity FX 45.
The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-4341556688_6c8e6da007_b.jpg

Mods: I am facing an issue, why is the color of my image changing when i upload it to the server?
Here is how the same image looks on flickr.

Regards,
TG.

Last edited by Torqueguru : 9th February 2010 at 00:56.
Old 9th February 2010, 01:11   #846
BHPian

TG, In the First pic that you posted. If I concentrate on the clouds then I can really feel that the car is moving.

@ guyon.
The last pic of the birds. How is that all birds came into focus? Every bird doesn't fly at the same speed right?
Old 9th February 2010, 01:16   #847
BHPian

@Bumblebeast
Nice to know that you get the feeling of motion, otherwise my shot is not doing it's job.

In the pic of the birds, every bird is flying at almost the same speed. I have observed this behavior amongst pigeons. They do fly at the same speed when flocking together!

Regards,
TG.
Old 9th February 2010, 03:26   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Beast View Post
TG, In the First pic that you posted. If I concentrate on the clouds then I can really feel that the car is moving.

@ guyon.
The last pic of the birds. How is that all birds came into focus? Every bird doesn't fly at the same speed right?

May be this pattern of flying at same speed is unique to pegions. I clicked that about 30 minutes before sunset and during this time these pegions tend to do take a brisk flight in a circle for half a minute or so. They do it repetedly for quit a lot of times within intervels of 10 to 15 mins. They move very quickly and all of them at same pace. No idea about the reason behind this behaviour.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:42   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Infinity FX 45.
Attachment 284324

Mods: I am facing an issue, why is the color of my image changing when i upload it to the server?

Regards,
TG.
@TG, which colorspace are you using now for your newly uploaded images? AdobeRGB? Your image in tbhp and flickr gets displayed using different colors probably because tbhp server re-compresses the images after you upload it and I presume it will result in a loss in the stored colorspace information (if it was AdobeRGB) and thus the browser uses default sRGB colorspace to interpret colors, while flickr server preserves colorspace information in the images and browsers display the colors accurately.

Most of the latest versions of web browsers nowadays displays the images according to the colorspace information stored in the images (like AdobeRGB). Previously they used to ignore this and used to display images by using default sRGB colorspace.

Last edited by clevermax : 9th February 2010 at 11:01.
Old 9th February 2010, 11:04   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
TG.
Flickr uses a totally different algorithm when uploading pictures. The loss clarity is much much lesser in Flickr than any of the other image upload websites. Also if you notice Flickr does some amount of post-processing on the images that you upload, it does some minor amounts of sharpening and saturation enhancement.

The TBhp upload control must be compressing the image quite a bit and thereby loosing out on the clarity and sharpness by a bit. Its a necessary evil to save disk space!
Old 9th February 2010, 11:08   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Flickr uses a totally different algorithm when uploading pictures. The loss clarity is much much lesser in Flickr than any of the other image upload websites. Also if you notice Flickr does some amount of post-processing on the images that you upload, it does some minor amounts of sharpening and saturation enhancement.

The TBhp upload control must be compressing the image quite a bit and thereby loosing out on the clarity and sharpness by a bit. Its a necessary evil to save disk space!
Flickr preserves the original image that you upload as is. But it then makes smaller resolution copies of it to display the large/medium /small sized versions and in that it does some amount of sharpening in the smaller sized versions for a better display of them. It does not change any colors nor will change saturation.

Tbhp server does an aggressive jpeg image compression thus resulting in jpeg artifacts along the sharper edges in the image.

Here TG's problem is entirely different and I think it has got to do with the colorspace information, whether it is preserved or not while compressing the images at tbhp server. Have a look at both his images, the difference in colors is very evident.

EDIT: My colorspace-unaware IE 6.0 display both images in the same colors. But the browser that I use (latest FireFox) which is now colorspace-aware, displays both images in different colors.

Last edited by clevermax : 9th February 2010 at 11:28.
Old 9th February 2010, 14:24   #852
Team-BHP Support

Infinity FX 45
Mukul, that's an impressive shot. Just check if your original shot has more magenta than it should be. If yes, then you need to cut magenta and yellow (to avoid greenish tone). Light is coming from the left side and it's pretty strong. Your camera (any camera for that matter) gets puzzled to capture such a massive range (bright light to dark zone) and attempts to produce an acceptable result. Perfectly all right shot but you need to open up that car a little more. Go for separate selection for the car and open up.

The Official Theme Photography Thread: Festival Spirit-mukul.jpg
Old 9th February 2010, 17:05   #853
BHPian

@Rudra
Thanks for your input. Will do exactly that.

@clevermax
I have always been using Adobe RGB, but never faced this issue ever. I am quite confused about whats wrong.

Last edited by Torqueguru : 9th February 2010 at 17:13.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:23   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@clevermax
I have always been using Adobe RGB, but never faced this issue ever. I am quite confused about whats wrong.
So my guess was right (AdobeRGB)! Why you never noticed this before is probably because the browsers were not using the stored colorspace information from the image itself, but sRGB.

So two images (tbhp & flickr) will get displayed with the same colros in older browsers because both would get interpreted with sRGB colorspace. But now, in the latest version of the browsers me thinks they have incorporated color management, so a picture with AdobeRGB colorspace will be displayed using that color gamut only.

Download both the images from tbhp & flickr open them in two separate windows of Microsoft Office Picture manager - in my case they are looking the same. But in my latest browser (FF) they look different. In old IE6.0, they look the same again.

You can check the images in Safari - it has better color management
http://www.apple.com/safari/

Last edited by clevermax : 9th February 2010 at 17:35.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:34   #855
BHPian

OK I did that. In IE8, both the pictures display wrong colors. In Firefox, the TBHP image is displaying wrong colors and in Safari, again the TBHP image is displaying wrong colors.

Why is it that, the image from flickr is displaying correct colors then?

Also I have been using the same browsers for last 2 months, and I never had an issue!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks