Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 00:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

Indian domestic market Levi's is absolutely horrible these days. They wear out very quick and the fit is atrocious. Certain factories in India still make very good Levi's, but for export only.

Benetton makes some very good jeans, around the same price. Their fit is great, if you find what you're looking for. Not being a denim major, they may often not stock what you want. I haven't been to Lee in years, but they seem to be doing ok. Pepe's standards have fallen -- they used to be really good at one time.

Gansan, you are not paying for just a brand. You are also paying for MS Dhoni's motorcycles, his latest Hummer, and other such accoutrements.
Old 21st August 2009, 11:38   #62
BHPian

bump - anyone get any comments from anyone at levis?
Old 21st August 2009, 12:24   #63
BHPian

Levis and Wrangler are the original 2 brands for Indians and the quality of both have not gone down.

It is just that they have started a concept similiar to Maruti's LX, LXi, VX and VXi.

In India they are selling only LX quality since the other models would not be affordable in India.

I am into Wranglers since 1975 (as compared to Levis because Wranglers fit me better).

I recently picked up a bunch of jeans and shorts from the discount sale counter of Walmart in USA and the quality of denim and the stitching is class apart from what they sell in India. I did pick up Levis also for other family members and the same applies for them also.

Another difference is that in India they will alter the fitting for you but in USA either they fit or they do not fit - you only get factory manufactured stuff.

Get friends and relatives to bring you the jeans from USA. The person buying will need to know the waist, the in-seam length and the total length for getting you a perfect fit. Also the person needs to carry a measurement tape since those are not available in the stores in USA.
Old 21st August 2009, 16:12   #64
BHPian

L531 torn the very next day

I stick to L531 under the Levis range, I paid 2500/- for my jean last year & what I got was torn back-pocket within in the first week due to my purse. I keep coins, credit cards, visiting cards & ofcourse money.

Nowadays the quality has come down a lot where from the looks it would be difficult to believe if it is really Levis. The american levis are long lasting, the inside cloth of the pocket has the symbol printed which is missing on all indian levis.
Old 21st August 2009, 16:18   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
L531 torn the very next day.
Another Skoda in the making
Old 21st August 2009, 17:10   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Another Skoda in the making
Imagine if Skoda launches a brand of jeans which requires frequent servicing of the back pocket and the zip. Then we will have cases like "I gave my jean for service and they put a faulty zip". "I brought a brand new jean, the zip failed the very next day"

Please Note - I don't intend to insult any Skoda owners here.
Old 21st August 2009, 18:26   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
In India they are selling only LX quality since the other models would not be affordable in India.
Even if it is LX quality, the price is not justified. You can get cheaper yet better stuff with other brands.
Old 21st August 2009, 18:30   #68
Senior - BHPian

do they by any chance outsource these to smaller cheaper company. and just add the their name on it.
Old 21st August 2009, 18:30   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Imagine if Skoda launches a brand of jeans which requires frequent servicing of the back pocket and the zip. Then we will have cases like "I gave my jean for service and they put a faulty zip". "I brought a brand new jean, the zip failed the very next day"

Please Note - I don't intend to insult any Skoda owners here.
lol, nice one. I hope the buttons dont fall of from my 501's.
Old 21st August 2009, 18:38   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
lol, nice one. I hope the buttons dont fall of from my 501's.
Well i am wearing a 501 in office today(being a friday), let me tighten the belt a bit in case the buttons do fall

btw i like 501's better than the red loop's i got.
Old 21st August 2009, 18:42   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Well i am wearing a 501 in office today(being a friday), let me tighten the belt a bit in case the buttons do fall

btw i like 501's better than the red loop's i got.
lol, same pinch. I am wearing one to office as well

Yeah, had gone to check the 501's last weekend and didnt like a single one.
They have come up with the wierdest looking ones these days, plus the fit is also not as good now.
Old 21st August 2009, 19:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
lol, same pinch. I am wearing one to office as well

Yeah, had gone to check the 501's last weekend and didnt like a single one.
They have come up with the wierdest looking ones these days, plus the fit is also not as good now.
I agree.
This is the one i bought last year and though i like it i certainly dont love it like the old jeans i use to.

OT- Which other brands are good in terms of fit and quality if we buy from india.
I had tried UCB(nice but not great)
Old 21st August 2009, 19:32   #73
BHPian

[quote=harry10;1444049OT- Which other brands are good in terms of fit and quality if we buy from india.
I had tried UCB(nice but not great)[/quote]

There is a brand called Colt that I recently discovered. I like them and they are pretty affordable to. I guess there are no more "MAN" jeans available. Everything is available for for everyone nowadays.

In college I used to wear a brand called Infinity. But I can't find them nowadays. They had very good fit. I think of the lot I stick to Lee nowadays.
Old 21st August 2009, 20:05   #74
BHPian

Any opinion on Guess jeans?
Old 21st August 2009, 20:20   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh View Post
Any opinion on Guess jeans?
Good but quiet expensive. 5-6k for a pair of jeans is not VFM by any means.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks