Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
vPost or 20North - Guys I've one question. Is it possible for me to buy a stuff that is not listed on these sites? I'm looking for a Fox's Titan riding gear & I'm sure it should not be listed. Is it possible to get it delivered? Has anyone tried it? Pls share your experience. Tks.
Its possible with vPost, but not with 20north.
I feel 20north prices are usually bit high and also delivery takes time.

You can also try borderlinx, they delivery in 5 days and also provide estimated delivery charges using their calcualtor which is about 90-95% accurate.

Last edited by vishaltanksale : 23rd June 2010 at 14:53.
Old 24th June 2010, 09:16   #17
BHPian

So how does borderlinx charge me for the shipping? Automatically charged to the citibank card I register?

So this is what I understand on how this works. Order an item from any online store lets say amazon. Pay for it in dollars/pounds using any international card and provide the address given to you by borderlinx as the delivery address. Once it reaches this address, borderlinx ships it to your address in India and charges your citibank card.
Old 24th June 2010, 10:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
So how does borderlinx charge me for the shipping? Automatically charged to the citibank card I register?

So this is what I understand on how this works. Order an item from any online store lets say amazon. Pay for it in dollars/pounds using any international card and provide the address given to you by borderlinx as the delivery address. Once it reaches this address, borderlinx ships it to your address in India and charges your citibank card.
Correct. (20 char limit)
Old 23rd July 2010, 08:33   #19
BHPian

So here is an update on my experience with borderlinx. I purchased stuff worth 30 dollars from amazon and got it shipped to the address provided in the US. These were actually very small dremel toolings and a michelin tyre pressure monitor. Guess how much the shipping to India cost? More than 30$!!!
The only advantage I see is that you can get goods that would normally not be available in India. And their shipping is fast. The stuff reached me in 2 days while amazon took 6 days to get it to the address in the US. I wish they at least consolidate the different items so that the buyer could save a little money. If amazon uses a huge box to send a small item, there should be some way borderlinx consolidates all such items and repacks them into a single smaller box. That is adding value.
Right now, be prepared to pay a 100% premium on the dollar value.
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
So here is an update on my experience with borderlinx. I purchased stuff worth 30 dollars from amazon and got it shipped to the address provided in the US. These were actually very small dremel toolings and a michelin tyre pressure monitor. Guess how much the shipping to India cost? More than 30$!!!
The only advantage I see is that you can get goods that would normally not be available in India. And their shipping is fast. The stuff reached me in 2 days while amazon took 6 days to get it to the address in the US. I wish they at least consolidate the different items so that the buyer could save a little money. If amazon uses a huge box to send a small item, there should be some way borderlinx consolidates all such items and repacks them into a single smaller box. That is adding value.
Right now, be prepared to pay a 100% premium on the dollar value.
Ummm, they do consolidate parcels. They just shipped about 15kg worth of parts to me in a single box yesterday, still en route. 9 seperate parcels consolidated as one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks