Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2014, 16:36   #151
BHPian

Re: The Tennis Thread

Any idea regarding Tennis courts near to Vijayanagar, Bangalore? Have been looking for sometime, but most of them are towards Jayanagar/J P Nagar side which is quite far. Any help guys?
Old 28th January 2016, 11:36   #152
BHPian

I am just trying to 'revive' this old thread. I am a hard core tennis fan and have been watching (or following) world tennis since last 30 years or so. When i started watching in late 80's, my fav players were Steffi and Boris Becker. After their retirement, there were no fav till Federer came. After Steffi's retirement, i lost the interest in women's tennis and since last few years I almost stopped watching/following women's tennis. But, i do follow most of the men's tourneys without a miss (grand slams, masters series, ATP 500, ATP 250, davis cup, masters final, olympics, etc) and I see that this is the golden era of men's tennis (Fed, Nadal and now Djoko). May be better than Connors, McEnroe and Bjorg era?
Now, one thing I observed from this thread is, not much of discussions have happened since 2013. Does that mean, not many tennis followers in this forum? I am just comparing this with Cricket or Football discussions that happen.
If anyone is following current tennis, i would like them to comment on women's tennis, which is losing it's sheen pretty fast. Williams is dominating and no young prospect in the line to match her (even at 34 years of age)?
Old 28th January 2016, 15:43   #153
Team-BHP Support

Looks like Fedex is getting thumped by Djoker today !! Takes the first two sets at 1 & 2
Old 28th January 2016, 16:01   #154
Team-BHP Support

And FedEx just got one back! Novak may be the favorite, but Roger isn't exactly rolling over and getting tickled.

Should've stayed home to watch in peace.
Old 28th January 2016, 16:04   #155
Team-BHP Support

I know the feeling, I've only been following the twitter feeds to get a mood of what's happening.
Old 28th January 2016, 17:06   #156
Team-BHP Support

BBC Live text commentary for solace here. Djokovic wins in 4 sets, but this comment from a fan sums it up perfectly.

Quote:
That crowd reception tells you Djokovic will be admired, but Federer will ever be loved.
Old 28th January 2016, 17:13   #157
Team-BHP Support

Is fedex crying ? (As usual)

This may be his last Australian Open.
Old 28th January 2016, 17:38   #158
BHPian

Djokovic has taken the level of tennis to a new level. The unforced errors level is so low for him. Only exception was the 100 unforced errors against Simon. Just to show he is human too.

Serena will continue to dominate Woman's tennis until she hangs up her racket.
Old 28th January 2016, 17:50   #159
BHPian

With Fed fading and Nadal past his peak, Djoko has virtually no competition. Murray has potential but always play a 'passive' game in big matches. So, it is becoming like women's game where Serena is just unstoppable even at the age of 34!
Old 7th November 2016, 14:46   #160
BHPian

Anyone from Miyapur, Hyderabad location who play tennis regularly? I am looking for some tennis buddies.
Old 29th January 2017, 17:14   #161
Team-BHP Support

Whatta match !!!

Dont care who wins this one as long as Rafa can win the French Open
Old 29th January 2017, 18:00   #162
Team-BHP Support

Now that's a proper final to round off a tournament

Who cares they're getting older, Rafa's passing winner at 4-1 in the fourth set, and FedEx hitting that impossible forehand down the line virtually on one knee in the fifth (to tie 3-3?), absolute magic!
Old 29th January 2017, 19:39   #163
BHPian

It was a great match. Federer coming from 1-3 to win 6-3 in the final set was so incredible, especially against Nadal.
Old 31st January 2017, 21:43   #164
BHPian

I have been playing tennis on and off since few years. I am now planning to buy a good racket, and have been researching since this morning. I was discussing with my wife this evening, and she says - did you check in TBHP, there must be a tennis thread!

I have the following things in mind for the racket -

* Strung weight - around 270gms.
* Single frame.
* Cost around 3k-4k.

I looked up online, but I hear that there are lots of duplicate goods floating online. Hence decided to get it from a local sports store. I was looking at Babolat, Head, etc online. The local store close to my place has Tecnifibre. Honestly, I had not heard of this name before. But after searching online I see that it is a good brand too.

Anybody who has used Technifibre rackets? He has a T-Fit 275 for around 4k. I am wondering if I should instead buy a Head or a Babolat instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Anyone from Miyapur, Hyderabad location who play tennis regularly? I am looking for some tennis buddies.
Hello!
I am in Miyapur. But play between beginner to intermediate level. Do you have some place to play?

Last edited by shifu : 31st January 2017 at 21:54.
Old 31st January 2017, 22:52   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Hello!
I am in Miyapur. But play between beginner to intermediate level. Do you have some place to play?
Hello, I am also beginner-ish and I do not know any place currently where we can play. I did not play from last couple of months since I moved back to India. Earlier I played once with my friends in a court near Kavuri Hills. Looks like there is a Hard Court in My Home Jewels, but not sure if outsiders can play over there. Let me know if you have any options.

Most Viewed