Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2008, 19:41   #1321
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I understand! But would it be possible to provide this feature as a part of the features for say Senior-BHPians?
buddy!... I think they mean... it is not a possibility as there is no option in the software!

Frankly... how many of the 700 turn out for the meet?... the regular members can always check the Meets section!.... and thats what you need! 'regular members'.
Old 4th May 2008, 20:10   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
1. The Contact Us emails are read & replied to every saturday. Thus, if you have used that facility to contact us, its about time you learnt to get a little patient too. Writing the same thing via PM, contact us form and now on this thread wont get your matter any more attention that it deserves. ...

We have a proven track record for addressing each query.
I once used this facility, but never got a reply not even an acknowledgment that someone received the message. I had a similar experience in another forum also. Finally I concluded that this service does not work.

But seeing your post now i believe this feature does work.

BTW, which one is better to be used? contacting via PM or contact us ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I understand, Mclaren, but the forum software does not provide members with the privilege of mass-PM capability. Why? Only because a spammer could wreck havoc on our inboxes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
buddy!... I think they mean... it is not a possibility as there is no option in the software!
i think a mod has the access to do the mass PM.

the person coming forward to being a co-ordinator for the meet should contact a moderator.
Old 4th May 2008, 23:40   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I understand! But would it be possible to provide this feature as a part of the features for say Senior-BHPians? Because from whatever little I have seen, most meets are organized by people like Speedzak, rjstyles etc who are all senior bhpians.
The software does not allow this to any membership level, except the administrator. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I once used this facility, but never got a reply not even an acknowledgment that someone received the message.
Our apologies. But we have only started seriously addressing the contact us forms in the last couple of months or so. You must use that rather than PM (as highlit in my signature ).
Old 5th May 2008, 09:21   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
.... (as highlit in my signature ).
yep i faintly recollected your signature while posting but when i reverted back before clicking on the submit button, i dont see your signature anymore. (is it only for me its not visible )
Old 5th May 2008, 10:10   #1325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
i dont see your signature anymore. (is it only for me its not visible )
It is on GTO's ID. Not on GTO-Touring.
Old 6th May 2008, 17:07   #1326
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hskhan View Post
I'm talking about the index file that we get when we type Indian Car Forum : Team-BHP : The Definitive Indian Car Community. It has no purpose aside from a "enter" button. Why cant we skip that extra step and just get into the main page?

I know of many TBHPans that dont like that extra page and we feel the site would be much more effective/efficient without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thank you. Suggestion noted and should be implemented in the next handful of days.
Hskhan, your suggestion has been implemented. Thanks and please keep those good ones coming.
Old 6th May 2008, 18:12   #1327
Senior - BHPian

I was trying to add poll to the thread and i realized i updated wrong number of options (4 instead of 8) and is there a way for members to edit the poll sections if in such a case of goofed up threads.
Old 6th May 2008, 18:20   #1328
Senior - BHPian

You should send a PM to any of the Mods if you are unable to change the poll. They will edit it for you.
Old 7th May 2008, 00:02   #1329
Senior - BHPian

Mods, it looks like when a post is quoted, the pictures don't show up. This is a little off, especially when someone is trying to use the pictures as a comparison, or to prove a point. Can anything be done about this?

Thanks
Old 7th May 2008, 02:19   #1330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Mods, it looks like when a post is quoted, the pictures don't show up. This is a little off, especially when someone is trying to use the pictures as a comparison, or to prove a point. Can anything be done about this?

Thanks
v1p3r,

This has been mentioned before and is a current shortcomming of vBulletin's attachment system.

The workaround :
Get the image URL for the image you wish to quote ([url]http://www.team-bhp.com/something-somethign-whatever.jpg[/url]) and place that in [IMG] tags in your post.

Either that, or re-host the same image(!)

cya
R

EDIT: Also do note that certain photos hosted on TBHP (which are posted with IMG tags and have "iipcache" somewhere in the URL) can be quoted in a reply just by clicking the quote button.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2008 at 03:49.
Old 8th May 2008, 09:32   #1331
BANNED

Hi,

I just made 2 observations. In the Classifieds I feel there should be a option called new in condition of item. Also as I understand the classifieds have been seperated from the main forum but is there any way in which members can know new ad has been posted when they access new posts.

The way I look at it the only way a member can see a ad is by visiting the Classifieds, pl correct me if wrong.

Viper
Old 8th May 2008, 11:26   #1332
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

I just made 2 observations. In the Classifieds I feel there should be a option called new in condition of item.
Point noted and will be added soon.

Quote:
Also as I understand the classifieds have been seperated from the main forum but is there any way in which members can know new ad has been posted when they access new posts.
Viper, we were really keen to keep the classifieds / commercial goods away from forum posts and hence, this was intentional. There is a hack which allows classifieds to be listed in the new posts search, but we are still unsure of going ahead with this. Let the classifieds section mature a little bit, and then we will decide.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 8th May 2008, 13:28   #1333
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

When one is in the classifields section and wants to go to the bhp garage it returns an unexpected error or comes back to the classifieds section itself. Mods, kindly have a look.
Old 8th May 2008, 14:39   #1334
Team-BHP Support

i cant seem to delete any comments which are in my classified add. it would be nice if there is such a feature since sometimes there are comments which dont add any value to the add. it would be nice if the creater of the add can delete comments.
Old 9th May 2008, 16:24   #1335
BHPian

Have sent a zip containing smilies to the address mentioned in the thread.
I have a doubt. I have seen some members with the status "Banned". Some of them are members with more than 1K posts and they do not seem to be the type to be troublemakers. Then how come they are "Banned". I have also checked some "Banned" members profiles and they seem to have visited the forum. So is that just posting ban, or viewing ban....
Any explanation is appreciated

Also, could someone explain the infraction terms?
What does Infractions: 0/1 (5) mean?

Last edited by srijit : 9th May 2008 at 16:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks