Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2024, 07:25   #7681
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
Total voters 236 and 199 people chose first option. That is 84.32% of total voters.
Correct, but in this case, it should be number of votes and not voters, because it's multiple selection. Otherwise it doesn't make sense... 84% voters think option 1 is the most egregious offence, and 78% think option 6 is the worst. That doesn't paint the correct picture.

When you count number of votes, you'll get the correct representation of which option do we collectively think is the worst offence.
Old 6th June 2024, 09:07   #7682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post

When you count number of votes, you'll get the correct representation of which option do we collectively think is the worst offence.
But that will skew the data completely. In the above example, around 1500 options are selected, and the percentage for the first option comes out to around 13%. I believe that is not a correct representation of the poll result.

For example, if unique voters count is 300 and everyone chose option 1, that means 100% voters thinks option 1 is the primary reason for road accidents. But if they can select up to 5 options and total votes is 1500, then the option 1 percentage comes as 20% if we follow total votes route.

Last edited by rx100 : 6th June 2024 at 09:18.
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 18:25   #7683
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at this from a different point of view --- a poll which asks people to choose the worst out of several lethal options seems misguided.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 06:42   #7684
BHPian

Ever since I moved to android from ios, when I added t-bhp website to home screen, the icon shows - team-bhp66.

Browsers I have tried
1. Duckduckgo - doesn't show the correct tbhp icon and but the name team-bhp is shown albeit with browser icon overlayed
2. Samsungs's browser - same as duck duck go
3. Chrome - installs like an app with purpose icon but shows 66 suffixed

Any fix to show the correct name?

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20240607_063652_one-ui-home.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20240607_063700_one-ui-home.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20240607_063706_settings.jpg

Last edited by roamer012 : 7th June 2024 at 07:01.
roamer012 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 23:52   #7685
BHPian

I realise that this might not be the correct thread to post my query but still posting.

I have seen BHPians posting Rating this review/thread 5 stars.

How does one do this? I think this feature is available only to DBHPians or am I missing something?
Old 13th June 2024, 06:23   #7686
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
I realise that this might not be the correct thread to post my query but still posting.

I have seen BHPians posting Rating this review/thread 5 stars.

How does one do this? I think this feature is available only to DBHPians or am I missing something?
The rating feature is open to all users. But there have been changes in the rating system over the years. Earlier, one could rate a thread from 1 to 5 stars. Then the system was changed to only allowing a thread to be rated five stars (or no rating).

Currently the rating feature seems to have been removed; which could mean either there's some change being planned or the admin/mods have turned it off (for the time being atleast).
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 07:15   #7687
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Just a thought. While it's a good idea to feature unbiased user reviews in the homepage, I believe it can be housed separately from the "official" reviews.

For Ex - the 3XO's review, although being a hot review, is not on the homepage due to other reviews.

Am aware of the manufacturer filter, however - a separate real estate in the homepage for "official" reviews might be fruitful. Both for readers and Team-BHP
Sk8r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 14:54   #7688

As a new BHPian, I was trying to find members from my location or state. However, I am not aware if there is such functionality to see people from my area. It would be really nice and easy to connect with fellow BHPians if such a feature existed.
neo_the_one is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 00:34   #7689
BHPian

Hi Fellow Bhpians,

Since last few weeks(or maybe more than that as i fail to correctly recall), I see my post count & thanked count is stuck with certain numbers, even though I have posted/thanked in various diff threads. Can anyone suggest what might be the issue?

@Mods- Please do consider checking if it's a glitch in backend.

Last edited by Mr.Independent : 10th July 2024 at 00:35.
Old 10th July 2024, 07:32   #7690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Independent View Post
Hi Fellow Bhpians,

Since last few weeks(or maybe more than that as i fail to correctly recall), I see my post count & thanked count is stuck with certain numbers, even though I have posted/thanked in various diff threads. Can anyone suggest what might be the issue?

@Mods- Please do consider checking if it's a glitch in backend.
Please see below response regarding post count. As for thanks count, the count shows the number of thanks you received for your posts. If you want to see the thanks you have given, go to your profile and there it lists everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Because posts in certain sections of the forum, like I think this shifting gears section, don't get counted amongst the total posts.
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 10:08   #7691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Independent View Post
You have posted 35 times till now; 2 posts (including the present query) are in the Shifting Gears section - which do not get added to your post count. So, 33 is the correct number. And as explained above, 18 is the number of thanks that you have received for your posts. The number of thanks given by you for others' post is seen in your profile; which, when I last checked, was 76.

Hope this clears your confusion.
dailydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 22:28   #7692
BHPian

On my android phone, when I am viewing photos section of the thread, I am unable to click the "view post" option.
It is visible if you drag the page up using your fingers, but you cannot click at the same time and the option becomes useless.

Just checked, it also happens on iPhone. I can view the option while pulling the screen up, but cannot click "view post".
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_2024_0721_222109.jpg  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-img_20240721_222509.jpg  

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 17:02   #7693
BHPian

A search within subscriptions would be really useful to find threads easily!!
Old 27th July 2024, 12:44   #7694
BHPian

Uploading photos is a pain, at least from the desktop browser.

Ideally we should be able to just drag and drop images into the editor, or even copy and paste screenshots without having to first save them as an image file, upload them and finally insert them.

Completely outdated mechanism - if there's a better way than this 3-4 step process, maybe I need to be educated on that.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 06:27   #7695
Senior - BHPian

In whatsapp, if we respond to a post and someone clicks on the tagged post, it will take us to that original post in the thread. Can this feature be included in the quoted posts made on BHP?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks